PDA

View Full Version : 20 ft. Tunnel

RCM
12-28-2003, 02:26 PM
How well will 20 ft. tunnel perform with a vdrive set up with about 475 to 525 hp bbc perform and will it be stable?
Has anyone had any experience in a boat of this size with a set up like this? I`d like some input, thanks, RCM

GofastRacer
12-28-2003, 04:08 PM
You might want to talk to "Infomaniac", he has a Cougar that runs 130's!..:cool:
Marine Assault Custom Engines (http://marineassault.net/)

jockorace
01-01-2004, 07:05 PM
There are a few tunnel v-drives around, but they are very rare. As previously stated, Infomaniac would probably be one of your best overall sources of information. My boat is a 21' Eliminator Daytona V-Drive, which in MILD form runs 100+ with an incredible ride quality.
This boat is FOR SALE (ad going in this week)http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/52
If the phot doesn't appear in this post, here's a link..........

Boatmike
01-01-2004, 08:12 PM
You might also want to look up an old school cat named Barny Moran he also has a cougar tunnel with a Hemi in it. He might be able to provide alot of insight on this.

SANGER-RICH
01-02-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Boatmike
You might also want to look up an old school cat named Barny Moran he also has a cougar tunnel with a Hemi in it. He might be able to provide alot of insight on this.
THAT THING GOT A HEMI IN IT???????????

DUCKY
01-03-2004, 05:03 PM
You will want to talk to Info. But I have considered this setup and done some research. The center pod should be slightly higher than the outer sponsons, to prevent the boat from wanting to walk on the prop. Other than that, the setup will be just like a flat, as far as strut and engine placement, but the boat should ride better than, and out run a flat with comparable power. From what I understand, it will be more sensitive to changes, especially at high speeds due to the aerodynamic lift. If you are in need of a hull, email or PM me. I can get you a blank 20' tunnel custom built.

DansBlown73Nordic
01-03-2004, 09:05 PM
Not to far from me is a Sleek-Craft tunnel V-Drive. Its a real nice boat minus engine. The guy wants $2000 Firm.