PDA

View Full Version : My project pics!

shaun
12-29-2003, 01:36 AM
I'm pretty new to the board and IÂ’m sure now that my parents gave me the boat we used to go to the river in all the time that i will be on here a lot now with questions. I'm stoked that they gave it to me, some of the best memories had to do with this boat and the river.
A little run down... My dad used to be on the pit crew team for RWR (Roger Way Racing) or Spirit of America or Hustler (Roger changed the team name a lot), they ran 2 classes, Blown Fuel Jet & Top Fuel Hydro. My dad bought this boat from roger way before he was every part of RogerÂ’s team. Now years later the boat has been giving to me. The boat hasnÂ’t seen water in probably 5+ years. My family went thru some hard times and the boat that was always garaged has been outside (covered) for about 3 years. Now the project is mine, thereÂ’s a lot to be done and like i said above, IÂ’m sure IÂ’ll be posting a lot of questions.
I took some pics today, just though post them.
Click here for Pics (http://www.reitanfamily.com/gallery/boat01)

Jet City
12-29-2003, 02:30 AM
Welcome, nice looking boat there.

Jake W
12-29-2003, 05:55 AM
The boat looks like new .Is it a Southwind?And a pretty cool looking old school tunnel ram.Dosent look like you have much to do to get in the water.Good luck
Jake:D

hack job
12-29-2003, 08:35 AM
the boat looks pretyy good!

Cas
12-29-2003, 09:18 AM
Shaun,
Your boat looks great in the pictures. Other than a little rigging and some engine work, it shouldn't be long before it's water worthy again.
The trailer might be another story just looking at the condition of the paint and the bunks. If you're going to pull the engine and interior, the boat will come off the trailer fairly easily to do the repairs.

novaguy
12-29-2003, 09:21 AM
Nice boat. Doesn't look like you are going to need to do much. Keep us posted with your project pics...
Rob

Hermosa
12-29-2003, 10:40 AM
It doesn't look like much of a project at all, that boat looks clean. A little motor work and clean up, you will be set.. Hey NovaGuy, did you ever finish your project, I would love to see photos of the finished project interior and the rest. You should post before and after photos.

novaguy
12-29-2003, 12:06 PM
It's still a project.....I'll post some pics as soon as I get a chance to take some.

shaun
12-29-2003, 12:52 PM
Ya, overall the boat is pretty clean. The wood the seats are made out of have water damage and they also need to be re-covered as some of the seams are starting to come apart. The paint has some areas where dirt is isnt comming off with a normal wash, almost like it's stained. I hope i can get that stuff off.
The trailer is done with, i'm actually looking for a trailer, if anybody has a 18' tandom trailer for sale let me know! This trailer is a little big for this boat and is beat. The runners arnt secured and the wood is old and rotted i'm sure.

TRG
12-29-2003, 08:53 PM
shawn...the wood is a miniscule prob.
as for the trailer does not seem to be in that bad of shape...make some repairs and have it powder coated atrthe most it should only cost you 650.00 bucks for the rialer to be refinished(sand blasted and coated)! sounds a hell of alot better that spending over 2000.00 for something compatible! just my .02! tizzodd
i just realized that you are local boy...let me know if you need any help on your project...im in Rowland heights!

likwidsukr
12-30-2003, 08:25 AM
Sweet boat and welcome, you been a member for a while but no posts. Kilrtoy would be offended, not to mention JBR:D :D

shaun
12-31-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Jake W
The boat looks like new .Is it a Southwind?And a pretty cool looking old school tunnel ram.Dosent look like you have much to do to get in the water.Good luck
Jake:D
Jake sorry i missed your q, my dad tells me the boat is a 76' Anthony. The registration card says ANTHONYBT.
likwidsukr, ya i signed up like a year ago, back when there was talk about giving it to me. Now that i have it, you'll be seeing more of me!

wsuwrhr
01-01-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Shaun
Jake sorry i missed your q, my dad tells me the boat is a 76' Anthony. The registration card says ANTHONYBT.
Nice boat, looks pretty damn good to me. Make sure you prime the oiling system before you turn it over or fire it up since it has been sitting so long, and change the oil first.
I have a '74 19' Anthony, I looked at the deck, yours is a little different. Yours is a little newer than mine though.
A shot of mine at the AVI from Classic Beach Boat Bash. We all get together a few times a year, you need to make it out.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63avi2-1.jpg

wsuwrhr
01-01-2004, 11:03 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63avi5-1.jpg
Brian

shaun
01-01-2004, 02:32 PM
wsuwrhr, sounds good to me, i'd love to go. Where and when is the next meet?