PDA

View Full Version : Bravo 1 outdrive

COUGAR20.5
07-21-2002, 03:19 PM
Has anyone ever had a bravo 1 stick in gear? Had it happen to my wife today. it would not pull into neutral (at the dock!) cables are in adjustment.I have a merc 3000 series shifter any ideas??? Al

Infomaniac
07-21-2002, 05:34 PM
COUGAR20.5:
Has anyone ever had a bravo 1 stick in gear? Had it happen to my wife today. it would not pull into neutral (at the dock!) cables are in adjustment.I have a merc 3000 series shifter any ideas??? AlCheck the ignition interruptor. Torque holds them in gear. If the engine does not stumble it is very hard to pull it out of gear. Especially with big pitch props. If you force it, the cable will stretch.

Tahiti Day Cruiser
07-22-2002, 02:58 PM
I have the same shifter as you. I remember seeing a Mercury service bulletin about the 3000 shifter. I don't remember what years were affected by this service bulletin but you may want to check and make sure yours was not affected. The bulletin was found on the lowerunits web site. If I can find the actual link to this bulletin I'll post it. All you'll need is the engine serial number to see if yours is affected by the bulletin.

Tahiti Day Cruiser
07-22-2002, 02:58 PM
I have the same shifter as you. I remember seeing a Mercury service bulletin about the 3000 shifter. I don't remember what years were affected by this service bulletin but you may want to check and make sure yours was not affected. The bulletin was found on the lowerunits web site. If I can find the actual link to this bulletin I'll post it. All you'll need is the engine serial number to see if yours is affected by the bulletin.