PDA

View Full Version : 888 Stronger than Alpha??

TahitiSteve
05-06-2003, 07:49 PM
Just wondering if this is true? I was under the impression that an 888 was internally virtually identical to an Alpha drive? If it is true anyone have a horsepower limit recommendation on them?
(about 888 drive) I have been told this is a good drive to upgrade to for high HP alpha guys.They have much stronger gears in them!

Tinkerer
05-08-2003, 06:27 PM
They break when you put 500 HP in front of them.

superV
05-09-2003, 05:49 AM
TahitiSteve:
Just wondering if this is true? I was under the impression that an 888 was internally virtually identical to an Alpha drive? If it is true anyone have a horsepower limit recommendation on them?
(about 888 drive) I have been told this is a good drive to upgrade to for high HP alpha guys.They have much stronger gears in them! That was me you quoted and I am under the impession it is true 888 are made of a different material and have less teeth than an alpha.They were used alot in cruiser and are made to take alot of torque!I just sold a brand new one on ebay for $1200

Bondo
06-14-2003, 03:39 AM
Well, I can tell you the 888 IS a mod.1... Pre-Alpha1.... It uses the Exact Same gears as an alpha.... In a Lighter Case....
It's Not stronger... in fact it's abit Weaker....
The Only difference is the way the lowerunit gears are pre-loaded....
If you put 500hp in front of it, You'll have a box of Dust in very Short order....