PDA

View Full Version : Disposophobia - the fear of throwing anything away

diggler
12-30-2003, 09:48 AM
I found this site this morning on accident. There are some crazy pictures that remind me of an Uncle, twice removed or something, that was a recluse. Check it out!
http://theplan.com/clutter1/

hoolign
12-30-2003, 09:54 AM
maybe he did'nt know when trash day was:yuk:

JetBoatRich
12-30-2003, 09:56 AM
Pretty sick, :o to think someone lived in that crap:yuk:

Kachina26
12-30-2003, 10:05 AM
My self esteem has improved greatly. I'm not near the pack rat that they are. That's just unreal!

Keithb87
12-30-2003, 10:07 AM
I used to deliver appliance just out of High School. We had a delivery to a place just like that. :yuk:
Trash everywhere and Dude had 1 million cats that just pissed and crapped everywhere. :yuk:

MagicMtnDan
12-30-2003, 10:13 AM
When I saw this thread I thought it would have this story in it:
Bronx man trapped under mountain of junk
December 30, 2003, 2:48 AM EST
NEW YORK (AP) _ A Bronx man spent two days trapped under newspapers, magazines and books in his apartment before being rescued by firefighters and neighbors, authorities said.
Patrice Moore, 43, was apparently deluged when a mountainous collection of mail and other paper items collapsed in his apartment on Morris Avenue in the Tremont section. The building's landlord discovered him Monday after coming to the apartment to give Moore a small loan, the New York Times reported Tuesday. The landlord pried the door open with a crowbar, found Moore trapped and alerted the fire department at about 1:45 p.m.
Emergency workers, neighbors and about 20 firefighters dug through the debris to reach Moore, filling 50 garbage bags with paper. He was freed at about 2:15 p.m., said Fire Department spokesman Paul Iannizzotto.
Moore had apparently been standing up when the books, catalogs, mail and newspapers swamped him Saturday, officials said. He was taken to St. Barnabas Hospital with leg injuries and was in stable condition Monday night.
The incident recalled the legendary case of the Collyer brothers, who in 1947 were discovered dead in their house in Harlem after one of the brothers was found trapped under a pile of papers and the other died of starvation.
Click here for source of this story (http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/ny-bc-ny--mantrapped1230dec29,0,3239159,print.story?coll=ny-ap-regional-wire)

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-30-2003, 10:16 AM
we work in bathrooms just like that.. there was one that we couldn't even see the toilet except for the seat.. we started telling people they would have to clean it up before we would even step a foot in the door.. it does get pretty gross at times but no money is worth getting sick over.. :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

likwidsukr
12-30-2003, 10:36 AM
That SOB said he would not put my house on the website. Not happy!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :burningm:

spectratoad
12-30-2003, 10:58 AM
Disposophobia or just outright pig? My guess is that latter of the two.
Seems like you would at least have a walking path.:confused:

Freak
12-30-2003, 11:09 AM
LOL that brings back memories. I college I worked for the cable company. I went into a few houses looking like that. Another great day was cutoff day for the dead beats that do not pay. (cussed at fist fights skanks offering sex you name it) Anyway, I agree the ones I saw had a small walk path through the stuff. This guy/girl was mental case for sure! That stuff had been building up for many moons.

likwidsukr
12-30-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by spectratoad
Disposophobia or just outright pig? My guess is that latter of the two.
Seems like you would at least have a walking path.:confused:
Yeah! Or at least a shittin path LMFAO!!!!!!!

Mrs. Restless22
12-30-2003, 12:51 PM
OH my god. I have to say I feel much better about what I thought was a messy house of my own.
That is pure filth, and the cigarette buts....
:jawdrop: (thats me throwing up!)

78Eliminator
12-30-2003, 12:51 PM
When I was a contruction worker, I installed pre-made fireplaces in houses. Anyway, we were going thru a condo complex, replacing them all cause they were all recalled. Anyway, there was this one place where there were dishes on the floor with mold going off the plate and onto the floor. Ther place smelled like there was a dead body in there. There was trash everywhere and the kitchen had trash, rotten food and plates up to the celing. I felt sick, like I was inhaling poisonous spores every second I was there.
In the house was a 300+ woman watchin Opera Winfrey on the set, and in the backroom, I could see her 300+ husband sleeping naked in the bed. I was damaged for life. I have never installed a fireplace so quick in my life.

Blown 472
12-30-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by 78Eliminator
When I was a contruction worker, I installed pre-made fireplaces in houses. Anyway, we were going thru a condo complex, replacing them all cause they were all recalled. Anyway, there was this one place where there were dishes on the floor with mold going off the plate and onto the floor. Ther place smelled like there was a dead body in there. There was trash everywhere and the kitchen had trash, rotten food and plates up to the celing. I felt sick, like I was inhaling poisonous spores every second I was there.
In the house was a 300+ woman watchin Opera Winfrey on the set, and in the backroom, I could see her 300+ husband sleeping naked in the bed. I was damaged for life. I have never installed a fireplace so quick in my life.
You ever think bout them doing it and touch yourself??:D

78Eliminator
12-30-2003, 01:01 PM
Yeah, of course. There was something kinky and wrong with their total disrespect for their own house which made me get super hard. I must have whacked it in my ford ranger ten times that day.....

likwidsukr
12-30-2003, 01:07 PM
In the house was a 300+ woman watchin Opera Winfrey on the set, and in the backroom, I could see her 300+ husband sleeping naked in the bed. I was damaged for life. I have never installed a fireplace so quick in my life. OMG!!!!!! I'm going to be sick!!!!!!!!!!

ratso
12-30-2003, 01:35 PM
Funny, I'm just the opposite, totally obsessive compulsive neat freak, but I am getting better. Used to I could not stand to have water spots in the sink. I still clean a lot and my cabinets and pantry have everything fronted up like in the stores. I remember once I had one of my girlfriends mothers over at the house, she opened my pantry, looked at my girlfriend and said to her, "Have you ever seen Sleeping With The Enemy?" Anyway, can't stand trash and filth...

HammerDown
12-30-2003, 01:41 PM
Pretty sad stuff...my 2 rules...
1.when in doubt throw it out.
2. if I haven't used it in 3 years...it's in the can.
Sometimes I regret the second rule.:rolleyes:

Kachina26
12-30-2003, 01:46 PM
junk defined: something you packrat for over a year and then throw away 2 weeks before you need it.

Blown 472
12-30-2003, 01:59 PM
In the house was a 300+ woman watchin Opera Winfrey on the set, and in the backroom, I could see her 300+ husband sleeping naked in the bed. I was damaged for life. I have never installed a fireplace so quick in my life. http://www.rock103.com/jacor-common/rateapic/userpics/156/156_wegr-fm-1008974-1066336547.jpg

78Eliminator
12-30-2003, 02:03 PM
Be right back, I got to use the bathroom for about 10 minutes.....

spectratoad
12-30-2003, 02:07 PM
Must have been that shiny stretch pleather huh?:D

78Eliminator
12-30-2003, 02:09 PM
yeah, I love that shit. that and I really like those boots that go past the knees with high heels.....

spectratoad
12-30-2003, 02:11 PM
Yeah I can picture that, on the right frame of course. For some reason though with this pic I'm just not gettin' it.:eek:
http://www.rock103.com/jacor-common/rateapic/userpics/156/156_wegr-fm-1008974-1066336547.jpg :eek!: