PDA

View Full Version : What do you remember most for 2003

spectratoad
12-31-2003, 07:40 AM
So another year goes by and just by thinking back to this forum alone there have been many events for this community that have both been very sad and others very happy. There have been new additions to the family(both babies and bolt ons), fellow boaters and friends have met tragedy, boats sold and purchased, news headlines discussed.
What part of 2003 stands out as the most remembered for you?
Mine has been the several times I have said good-bye to friends as they left for Iraq. :( So far I will get to say hello again.:D

Chase
12-31-2003, 08:03 AM
Well Spectra this is a good topic and could involve some long posts ..maybe???
Anyway my most rembered part of 2003 is the purchase of my new boat. That only created more memorable moments with all the fun and adventures which occurred on the boat. Wakeboarding, waterskiing, boobs, babes, beer, parties, relaxation...the list goes on.
The friends in my life are always remembered, as well as the new people I met through the boating activities, some from Hot Boat (both in person and online) You know who you are.....
Anyway...all the best for 2004 and I look forward to a great year in 2004..

HOSS
12-31-2003, 09:12 AM
for `03 its my digital camera,,,,for `04 it`ll be my digital video camera,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,FFFFAAAAAALLLLLUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPP PPP!:D
Have a safe and Happy New Year everyone.
I hate this ****in` wagon!:mad:

Rocket2003
12-31-2003, 09:23 AM
We caught Sadam!:D

RiverRatMike
12-31-2003, 09:48 AM
the awesome monsoon storms we had out here in Parker and LHC between July and September! http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3867Copy_of_lightning.JPG

Dribble
12-31-2003, 10:59 AM
Shattering my left leg on the dirtbike on January 18. A real life changing event.
The four surgeries I had in three months.
Getting discharged from the Orthopedic Surgeon in late June.
Ditto the Plastic Surgeon late July.
Getting up on my waterski July 19.
Picking up the new boat in mid August.
Enjoying waterskiing and boating for the rest of the summer (nobody thought that would happen).
It was the worst of times .:yuk: It was the best of times:cool:
I'm counting on a less traumatic 2004.

Windy
12-31-2003, 11:42 AM
Our motor making over 700 HP.
Joining the U.S. Navy Reserves.

Starloans
12-31-2003, 11:42 AM
Receiving my 2000th Penis Patch spam email

Beautiful Noise
12-31-2003, 11:51 AM
Just meeting alot of GREAT PEOPLE at the different Event's (OP6 twice & CBBB)thoughout Summer:D :D :D And looking forward to Summer of "04":D :D

SCUBA STEVE
12-31-2003, 11:53 AM
Becoming addicted to the boards. :D :rolleyes:
Oh and meeting a bunch of new river & party buddies. :D :D

Starloans
12-31-2003, 11:55 AM
Watching Paris Hilton polish the little fireman. :D

topless
12-31-2003, 12:23 PM
Tom Brown;) ;)

Beautiful Noise
12-31-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by topless
Tom Brown;) ;)
OK...........We won't hold that against you Topless:rolleyes: :D

topless
12-31-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Beautiful Noise
OK...........We won't hold that against you Topless:rolleyes: :D And of course YOU!!!:D

Beautiful Noise
12-31-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by topless
And of course YOU!!!:D
Awwwwwwwwww Shuck's((((((((((((((SLAP)))))))))))))))OK now i'm awake:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D

MsDrmr
12-31-2003, 01:58 PM
Two things: another wonderful year with all my loved ones alive and healty
and #2: sadly, all the victims of the fires, I have never seen calif look like a war like it did during those fires, and the disaters that were soon to follow during the rainstorm

jbtrailerjim
12-31-2003, 02:57 PM
My most memorable and cherished memory of 2003 is my wife giving birth to our second child in April.
Taking delivery of my new boat in September.
Discovering the Hot Boat forums and getting addicted to them.:D A lot of cool peeps on here.
Happy New Year everyone. :)

HOSS
12-31-2003, 06:20 PM
Finding out who Johnny lang is after seeing him perform Red Light on David Letterman. Awsome.

Waldo
12-31-2003, 10:20 PM
Getting home about 2 hours ago from the hospital after my two year old daughter had surgery yesterday. The worst moment of my life was watching my daughter cry yesterday morning just before they wheeled her off to surgery (tonsils and adenoids).
I know it's pretty routine but she is our first and that was our first major event with her. The worst part is knowing that she is freaking out because SHE doesn't really understand what the hell is happening.
I tried as hard as I could to be strong for my wife but still cried like a baby. I just wish I could have taken her pain away, especially after the surgery. Anyway, we are all at home, my daughter is doing well, and everyone's asleep except me.
Have a happy new year.

JetBoatRich
12-31-2003, 10:24 PM
Waldo, glad your daughter is home with her family and great parents to take care of her. Hard to be a parent sometimes, I hate when my kids hurt and I can't help it go away. May not feel like it at the time, but being there for them is the best you can do.
Happy New Year:D

betty boop
12-31-2003, 10:37 PM
Waldo I'm glad your daughter is home and hopefully feeling better. I can fully sympathize with you about being a parent - when my daughter was 2 (which was only 2 years ago) I was home alone with her, my husband was working on the rigs at the time, and my daughter had a seizure. Didn't know what the hell was happening - I called 911 and was screaming at the guy that my daughter was dieing and I couldn't do a thing about it. And same thing, I felt totally helpless when they took her to the hospital in an ambulance......being a parent sometimes is soooooooo damn hard......I hope your new year goes well...

Waldo
12-31-2003, 10:50 PM
I never knew how much I could love something until I had a child. I am very thankful for what I have.
I am especially glad my wife is having a boy in 8 weeks becuase I can't imagine loving another little girl as much as I love my daughter.
On that same note...anyone seen Bad Boys II? There is a seen where Martin Lawerence is interrogating his daughter's date and it is unbelievably funny. I rewound it because it was so funny.
Thanks for the comments. I think I am going to try and get some sleep.

novaguy
12-31-2003, 11:06 PM
Good:Baby born
Bad: 2 shootings,getting shot at, getting ran over, breaking my hand on someones head, getting sued, boat not finish yet.
Happy New Year!

Kilrtoy
12-31-2003, 11:45 PM
NObody said the CPT was a nice place
how have you been NOVA

novaguy
01-01-2004, 12:36 AM
Happy New Year Miguel! Work has been horrible this past year as you can see. I hope 2004 is better for me. Anyhow, **** 2003, lets get on with 2004.