PDA

View Full Version : Bravo 1

shirkey4750
02-07-2002, 07:39 PM
I have A 1993 Rinker 260 Fiesta V with a B1. It had A B3 on it from factory. Have a hard time getting on plane. Running a 14 x 14 1/2 three blade. What prop would be best to try to improve holeshot and top end? Boat also wants to blow out at wot with trim up.

25OUTLAW
02-08-2002, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by shirkey4750:
I have A 1993 Rinker 260 Fiesta V with a B1. It had A B3 on it from factory. Have a hard time getting on plane. Running a 14 x 14 1/2 three blade. What prop would be best to try to improve holeshot and top end? Boat also wants to blow out at wot with trim up.
4 Blade Bravo 1. What pitch will depend on were you want RPM's at WOT. Merc has a prop selector chart on there website that can help. If you are happy with your RPM's now then typically reduce 1" in pitch and you will be fine. I don't know if you can get a 4 blade with that low of pitch. You can also ask merc online what they would recommend. Good Luck!!!
Larry

River Gambler
02-08-2002, 01:02 PM
Need more info ... what engine are you running ... what is the hp and what RPM are you truning at WOT. It will also help to know what gears you have in your B-1. If you are running a 14 pitch now you seem to be way under prop'd. I would guess you are running up the rpm's with no top end. Depending on your gears you should be starting off with a 19 or 21 pitch prop. Just my .02 worth.
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/confused.gif River Gambler

shirkey4750
02-08-2002, 02:21 PM
I was wrong on the pitch, I looked at the wrong prop specs. It is a J16 x 16p three blade. The drive ratio is 1.5R., this is on the side of the lower unit. The motor is a 350 260 hp Chevy. The RPM is hard to determine because it kept blowing out when I tried to trim it up. Best I could tell it was around 4600 to 4800.

River Gambler
02-11-2002, 10:15 AM
By your figures you should be currently running around 40 mph. Not good. You should be able to gain another 7-8 mph by changing to 19 pitch prop. 250Outlaw was right on by recommending a four blade prop. It will give a lot more bow lift. If your prop is blowing out that usely means you are trimming up to high. Because you traded out the B3 for the B1 your trim gauge could be off. Try trimming up by using the tach. not the sound. Keep trimming up until the tack starts to climb up, then back off just a tade. You can trim a four blade higher then a 3 blade. It also holds much better in the turns. Try calling Broson Hill Propellers and talk with Joel. If he cann't help you, there is no help.

shirkey4750
02-11-2002, 05:23 PM
Thanks, A four blade bravo 19p just went off on e-bay. Started to bid but didn't.

River Gambler
02-13-2002, 08:45 AM
Forget the above instructions for triming out your drive. It was early Monday morning !!!! Use your speedo, just bump up the trim a little each time. As long as you are gaining speed bump up again. When you over trim the boat will drop in speed, just bump down. Also if you have a rubber inserted hub check to see if it is slipping. Mark the splines in the hub and the out side of the prop. Run the boat and see if they are still lined up. I have heard that because of wear "old age" they can slip under hard use. Just my .02 worth, but worth a try. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif

shirkey4750
02-13-2002, 03:45 PM
Running the new two piece prop. On the blowout, I can trim it up very little and it will run ok and then it just breaks loose as the speed climbs. Going to try a 19" and start from there. Bought the boat last spring and didn't get to run it a lot because of bad water conditions on the river where we kept it docked. But I did get to ride my hydro a lot on another body of water, so it kind of worked out ok. Thats why I'm trying to get a hand on where to start. Everybody has been very helpful.
John