View Full Version : Tahiti JETBOAT History

likwidsukr
12-31-2003, 05:31 PM
Yum Yum
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3484tahittifat-med.JPG

1Bahnerjet
12-31-2003, 06:35 PM
Some History !
I pass by one of those every Day (the Boat) Sitting in a Storage Yard Uncovered :rolleyes:

SPECTRABRENT
12-31-2003, 11:57 PM
That looks like the ad I sent to Old Rigger.
That girl is only 135 lbs, the camera put on the other 170 lbs..
After the picture, they should have rolled her back into the ocean to be with the rest of the whales.
That is one funny ad.
Brent

Heatseeker
01-01-2004, 07:51 AM
It seems to me Tahiti was trying to appeal to a wider market share :D !

Jake W
01-01-2004, 08:11 AM
One of my favorite stories is how Tahiti bought one of the new Omega bowrider modles that Omega was planing on showing in the LA boat show for the first time and Tahiti put their interior and badges in it and said it was their new model and took orders for them and they had not even made a splash mold of it yet.
Jake:D

roostwear
01-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Damn! With as light as the layup was on those decks, I'm surprised they got that shot before it collapsed!

SPECTRABRENT
01-01-2004, 09:24 PM
The reason for this ad with the (Playboy Bunny Logo) and the fat chick was to make fun of Spectra.
A couple of Playmates were given Spectra 20's as gifts from Playboy in the early 1970's. Spectra ran a couple of ads with the Playmate driving her red & white Spectra 20 by the Queen Mary in Long Beach.
Brent

Jet City
01-01-2004, 09:45 PM
Holy shit, her legs look like a pair of torqueflight's. With marketing like that, no wonder Shuster isn't around today.

old rigger
01-03-2004, 08:13 PM
likwidsukr,
thanks for posting that add. that is the one spectrabrent sent me. I shrunk it 50% and then Flatbroke put it on a cd for me. Funny thing is, that's not the picture I remember hanging in the shop. The model was in a different postion in the other, kinda sprawled on the deck if I remember right. You really can't tell from this pcture, but the model looks a lot like Mimi from the Drew Cary show.
Still pretty cool, thanks Brent.
hey JakeW, that was at Hawaiian (Tahiti II) where we splashed that Omega, called it the moonraker.
jet city rebel, don't lose any sleep wondering why Schuster isn't around any more. He lasted more than almost any of the builders, (original owners I mean, not just by company name) easily built more boats than any of them, and retired to his waterfront house in Huntington Harbor years ago.
shit.............. we should all have it that bad!

likwidsukr
01-05-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by old rigger
likwidsukr,
thanks for posting that add. that is the one spectrabrent sent me. 0 No problem dude I kept it in my files as well, I have several now!

nhrafreak92
10-19-2010, 08:18 PM
i have a 74 tahiti super tiger id love some info on this thing its a long story but i got the boat five years ago after my uncle passed. my father and my uncle re built the bat in the 80s and it was used a few times. ever since it has been sitting outside. its in rough shape but i have big plans for my little boat i love that thing. i am only 18 so i never got to see it in its glory days but my father and i are going to make it sine again. i would lvoe some infor about the company and histoy on the boats. i had a good deal of info on my old computer but that has now since crashed so i lost everything. any info would be graly aprecated also if u guys know of any sits to point me in the right direction... thank you Lou

ljcolvin
07-23-2011, 12:40 PM
I have 77 tahiti jet boat.does anybody know here i might find a fiberglass swim platform for my boat mine was stolen.or maybe tahiti's email address.Larry