PDA

View Full Version : The Garage :yuk:

SoCal_fun
01-01-2004, 12:42 PM
Anybody else cleaning out the Garage right now, or am I alone in my struggle?? :D :D
I think a couple of Corona's might help. At least until it's RoseBowl time!! :cool:
Go USC!

JetBoatRich
01-01-2004, 12:44 PM
I will be in the garage working for the next hour, before the game. Rebuilt the opener yesterday, now a spring broke. Just came home from Home depot, time to get to work:(

Kachina26
01-01-2004, 12:45 PM
Cleaned it just before I went out for surgery a month ago. But today, I have to put up all the Christmas decoration boxes and reorganize a bit. Too cold out, don't wanna do it.

SoCal_fun
01-01-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
I will be in the garage working for the next hour, before the game. Rebuilt the opener yesterday, now a spring broke. Just came home from Home depot, time to get to work:(
Darn,
You've seen my garage! I was gonna ask you what you were doing today??
LOL J/K
Actually I'm about 75% done. Started yesterday!

JetBoatRich
01-01-2004, 12:47 PM
same here on the decorations:yuk: the cold is not bad, but the wind is what sucks:mad:

SoCal_fun
01-01-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Cleaned it just before I went out for surgery a month ago. But today, I have to put up all the Christmas decoration boxes and reorganize a bit. Too cold out, don't wanna do it.
I feel ya!
I was gonna put all the decorations away in the shed this morning, but that would mean taking out all my other stuff to get at the 'xmas spot'.
TOO COLD FOR THAT!! :yuk:

SoCal_fun
01-01-2004, 12:49 PM
Rich,
didn't hear, did you get the screw type... How'd ya break the spring.??

JetBoatRich
01-01-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by SoCal_fun
Darn,
You've seen my garage! I was gonna ask you what you were doing today??
LOL J/K
Actually I'm about 75% done. Started yesterday!
I didn't want to say anything:rolleyes: I felt better about my garage after seeing yours. Seems like a constant battle, I don't know how some people do it. :confused: between me and the kids, forget it. That is why the beer is kept in the garage to motivate me:o

JetBoatRich
01-01-2004, 12:52 PM
Rich,
didn't hear, did you get the screw type... How'd ya break the spring.??
I was able to get a rebuild kit for the opener from sears, so fixed that.
The springs were the original, so they don't last forever. Worst part is I was going to buy them yesterday while out, I had them in the cart and put them back. I had a feeling:o

SoCal_fun
01-01-2004, 12:59 PM
I was able to get a rebuild kit for the opener from sears, so fixed that.
The springs were the original, so they don't last forever. Worst part is I was going to buy them yesterday while out, I had them in the cart and put them back. I had a feeling:o
Yea,
were better off trusting our gut (unless it's full of brew of course). :p
I cruised by your block the other day to see if I could figure out which was your place (not a stalker, I swear... LOL). It wasn't hard to find with a huge beautiful new F350 dually in the driveway. :D
I'll drop the ball and sticks off on your porch today or tomorrow ok??
If your round, and not busy I'll say hi.

LUVNLIFE
01-01-2004, 01:16 PM
I'm the same working and cleaning the garage.

sidewound
01-01-2004, 01:19 PM
Cleaned mine awhile back so I'm coastin. Good luck! Get out there and get to work.
Peace Man!:cool:
CESAR

Infomaniac
01-01-2004, 01:21 PM
Cleaning the work bench off.
Guy brought over yesterday an HP500 to rebuild and make it a 540 at the same time. Will bring the other one over when this one is done.
I hate tear downs !!
Brand new is the only way to go. Just cannot find many Okies with that kind of coin. ;)

JetBoatRich
01-01-2004, 01:27 PM
Larry come on by, the springs are done:) have beer and enjoy part of the game.

Kilrtoy
01-01-2004, 01:50 PM
Just got done tearing all the Xmas boxes apart and puting them in the trash

MagicMtnDan
01-01-2004, 01:53 PM
Yeah, what's the effen deal with digging into the back of the storage area for the Xmas stuff and then having to re-dig back in there weeks later to put the stuff away?! There's gotta be a better way.
We're taking the decorations and the 9' fakey tree down (well, my wife is downstairs while I ran upstairs to kill some time here :D ) and then I gotta take the lights off the house and the back fence and put them away and then put all that stuff back into storage which means organizing the storage space in the garage AGAIN.
I'd rather drink a 12 pack and forget about it...

Kachina26
01-01-2004, 02:03 PM
same here on the decorations:yuk: the cold is not bad, but the wind is what sucks:mad: Wind? In Lancaster? You LIE!:D

Boozer
01-01-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Yeah, what's the effen deal with digging into the back of the storage area for the Xmas stuff and then having to re-dig back in there weeks later to put the stuff away?! There's gotta be a better way.
We're taking the decorations and the 9' fakey tree down (well, my wife is downstairs while I ran upstairs to kill some time here :D ) and then I gotta take the lights off the house and the back fence and put them away and then put all that stuff back into storage which means organizing the storage space in the garage AGAIN.
I'd rather drink a 12 pack and forget about it...
Put it in the rafters in the garage. Much easier to get too.

JetBoatRich
01-01-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Wind? In Lancaster? You LIE!:D
actually it is just a breeze right now:o 20mph

Craig
01-01-2004, 02:10 PM
Spent most of the morning out in the garage figuring out a better way to mount the hinges for the boats engine cover. They used freakin' wood screws which after a couple of years werre stripped or broken off :mad: Came up with a good backing plate that will allow me to through bolt them. Just have to wait until tomorrow to get some longer stainless pan head screws. Nothin' open today. Oh well the Rose Bowl is about to start.
Craig
Happy New Year (now bring on spring and the boatin')

Dr. Eagle
01-01-2004, 02:13 PM
Gonna buy a tough shed to put all of the musical gear in (PA speakers and stuff) and then put all of the christmas decorations up in the attic. They have been on the floor in the garage since doing away with the mini storage this year. Once that is done I can try to get the garage turned into a garage instead of a ministor....
:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-01-2004, 02:14 PM
No garage here.. just a closet.. excuse me thats my bone.. :D

SoCal_fun
01-01-2004, 02:18 PM
Larry come on by, the springs are done:) have beer and enjoy part of the game.
The Wife (Marina) just brought home my 'other' project for today.
I get to hang a new lamp in the hallway. How bout tomorrow??

JetBoatRich
01-01-2004, 02:21 PM
The Wife (Marina) just brought home my 'other' project for today.
I get to hang a new lamp in the hallway. How bout tomorrow??
heading down below tomorrow, may be gone most of the day. :)