PDA

View Full Version : I'm Tired of Not Winning The California Super Lotto Plus Jackpot

MagicMtnDan
01-01-2004, 01:49 PM
I've been playing it for years and expected to win last night's $71,000,000 jackpot (yeah, sure, I "expected" to win :wink: ) - at least no one won it :cool: so now I can win the $81,000,000 http://www.calottery.com/images/slpjackpot.gif
Do anyone know someone who won a big jackpot (not a lesser prize)?

Kilrtoy
01-01-2004, 01:50 PM
I havent won so much as 5 bucks in like 7 years or so

JetBoatRich
01-01-2004, 01:54 PM
I missed it by 5 numbers, so close:(
Don't know anybody, but one the biggest jackpots was won from the same place we go get ours. The couple that won lived in a single wide trailer in town. They were retired I believe, that was good story. the park is run down, so now they live where they want just about.:D :D

MagicMtnDan
01-01-2004, 01:55 PM
There was a couple of huge lottery pools back east this week - a Powerball and another one - both were over $100,000,000 as I recall.

Kilrtoy
01-01-2004, 01:56 PM
In a double wide with heat and air

JetBoatRich
01-01-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
In a double wide with heat and air
they won like 80mil, so they have opt. for the DBL wide

jbtrailerjim
01-01-2004, 02:06 PM
I play quite often and I have never won more than ten buck's. It's such a waste of money but I can't resist when the jackpot start's gettin high.:rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
01-01-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
I play quite often and I have never won more than ten buck's. It's such a waste of money but I can't resist when the jackpot start's gettin high.:rolleyes:
I gave up on it...
Even when the jackpot gets so high.
I haven't been struck by lightning yet either, and my odds of that are better than the lotto....:(

MagicMtnDan
01-01-2004, 05:01 PM
Lottery Jackpots Unclaimed in Three States
By M.R. KROPKO, AP
SOUTH EUCLID, Ohio (Jan. 1) - Someone who buys lottery tickets in this Cleveland suburb is going to have a prosperous new year. Ditto for ticket buyers in Pennsylvania and South Carolina.
A winning Mega Millions ticket worth $162 million was sold at a convenience store here, Ohio Lottery spokeswoman Mardele Cohen said. It was the only ticket in the 11-state jackpot that matched all the numbers in Tuesday night's drawing. The winning numbers were 12, 18, 21, 32 and 46. The Mega Ball number was 49.
By the time lottery offices closed for the holiday late Wednesday, no one had claimed the prize.
''Some people who win big jackpots need the time to plan what they're going to do,'' Cohen said. Ohio lottery winners have 180 days to stake their claim.
Lottery offices also were closed Thursday in Pennsylvania and South Carolina, where two winning tickets were sold in Wednesday night's drawing for a $221.5 million Powerball lottery prize.
The winning Powerball ticket in South Carolina was sold at Coit McCarter's Clover Shop and Save store in Clover, a small town near the North Carolina line. McCarter said he isn't sure the four-leaf clover that replaces the ''o'' in Clover in his store's name makes the store lucky, ''but you like to feel it does.''
Along with the big prize ticket, McCarter's sold a ticket worth $5,000 in Wednesday's drawing. About three months ago, one of his customers bought a ticket worth $300,000.
No one visited the store Thursday morning to show off the winning ticket, McCarter said. The winner will have to wait until lottery offices reopen Friday to claim the prize, said spokeswoman Tara Robertson.
''First thing tomorrow morning, we'll be glad to give them everything they ever wanted,'' Robertson said.
The winning Powerball tickets matched the numbers five, seven, 18, 28 and 35. The Powerball number was 1.
Pennsylvania's winning Powerball ticket was sold at a convenience store outside York, about 80 miles west of Philadelphia, said Steve Kniley, spokesman for the state Revenue Department.
''Our employees are riding really high right now, because they know somebody on the staff sold the winning ticket,'' said Scott Hartman, the president of the Rutter's Farm Stores chain.
''The experience with this is that it will be days, if not weeks, before a winner is announced,'' Kniley said. ''We advise people to take their time and consult with financial advisers before coming forward.''
Mega Millions is played in 11 states. Powerball is played in 24 states and Washington, D.C.
When redeeming the Mega Millions ticket, the winner or winners may choose between an immediate cash payout of $95 million before taxes or $162 million over 26 years, Cohen said Wednesday. The lump-sum payment would be about $67.9 million after taxes, she said.
For the Powerball winners, each ticket is worth $110.75 million over 30 years or a onetime payment of $60.1 million before taxes.
The biggest single-ticket winner in the world is Jack Whittaker Jr. of West Virginia. He won a $314.9 million jackpot in Powerball in December 2002.

LASERRAY
01-01-2004, 06:15 PM
Legally change your last name to end in the letter Z and watch your luck change!:D

CEO
01-01-2004, 06:38 PM
I know someone who won the fricking thing, 900k annual. He is a friend of my high school buddy. He is now racing cars, I have no idea what division or anything like that. I guess he turned into a total A-Hole

rrrr
01-01-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by CEOinSoCal
I know someone who won the fricking thing, 900k annual. He is a friend of my high school buddy. He is now racing cars, I have no idea what division or anything like that. I guess he turned into a total A-Hole
Huh, well I will still be the same good looking, friendly, funny guy when I win bazillions.
All my new girlfriends will tell you so too. :D :D

bchbum
01-01-2004, 10:55 PM
My son knew a girl in school who's parents won about $4 million . They quite their jobs & moved to Scottland ,bought a castle . In less than a year they were back here broke trying to get their old jobs back

Bow Tie Omega
01-02-2004, 06:22 AM
My mom had an opportunity to buy into a pool that she bought in on usually every week at work in Fallbrook, but on that particular day, she only had enough cash to buy lunch, she did not feel like driving to the bank and hitting the atm (atm's were not everywhere yet, remember those days). To make a long story short, that was the most expensive lunch she ever bought, they all won.

Ducatista
01-02-2004, 11:04 AM
I wish they could figure out a way so that 81 people would win 1 million dollars, instead of one or two people geting so much....spread the wealth around. I'd be happy with a mill!

Moneypitt
01-02-2004, 11:15 AM
The Ca. lottery is for gamblers with poor math skills.....Myself included......Yes, its hard to not play when the pot O gold is multi millions.....But, I too, would like to see more 1 M winners, who needs 80M to be happy.....I could get real happy with just 1 million....Moneypit

Jordy
01-02-2004, 03:42 PM
I'm getting warmed up to win the whole enchilada.
I bought a ticket a while back when the jackpot started getting big... hit 3 numbers and won $2 on a dollar ticket.
Last week took that ticket down, cashed it in and bought more tickets, this time for the $200,000,000 Powerball...
Hit 2 numbers and the powerball. $7.00.
I think this is proof that I'm supposed to win. Just have to keep playing with lucky money. ;) :D

Jordy
01-02-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by bchbum
My son knew a girl in school who's parents won about $4 million . They quite their jobs & moved to Scottland ,bought a castle . In less than a year they were back here broke trying to get their old jobs back
There was a book written years ago that followed people who had won the big lottery jackpots. Something like 98% of them ended up worse off then they were before they won.
I hate to break it to you, but winning a million dollar jackpot isn't a life changing deal. Yeah, it'd be nice, but you really couldn't quit your job and buy an island.
Figure a million dollars taken out in an annuity that pays over 20 years is $50K before taxes. Take 40% off in taxes and you're left with around $30K a year. I don't know about y'all, but I'm unable to live on that kind of money. It would be a nice subsidy though. :D

MagicMtnDan
01-02-2004, 04:34 PM
I don't know about anyone else but when I dream about winning the lottery it's not a $1,000,000 prize paid out over 20 or so years.
We're talking $50,000,000+ paid out in one lump sum. And yes, I could retire with a jackpot like that :D

locogringo
01-02-2004, 08:40 PM
went to our 10 year reunion in 99 and found out that one of the "single" chicks there had just one the SuperLotto the week before and was the only winner. It was over 100 mill also.
The wife was there but I tried....NOT!

missboatnam1
01-02-2004, 08:55 PM
one of my best friends has been on the big spin thing on t.v TWICE, she won 25k once and i think 10k the 2nd time, she screwed up the 1st time though, thats when thay gave you diffrent choices...what are the odds of going twice....she is one of those people, that she puts a quarter in a slot machine and she hits a jackpot......sicking!! ...:mad: :mad:i still love her though!!