PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have pics of seat construction?

brianwhiteboy
01-01-2004, 05:01 PM
I'm looking to re-do the interior in my Southwind boat......I want two front buckets with a bench seat in the rear. If you have any pictures/advice/help/phone numbers/links/extra interior/money/beer/.... I would greatly appreciate it! :eek:
Brian :p

TRG
01-01-2004, 09:01 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/662doodle9-med.JPG http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/662doodle13-med.JPG
these are pics of my brothers 91' carribean jet when we just started remounting the seats! by the way...the boat is for sale!!

coolchange
01-01-2004, 09:57 PM
like this??

coolchange
01-01-2004, 09:59 PM
or this?

coolchange
01-01-2004, 10:05 PM
or?

coolchange
01-01-2004, 10:08 PM
back

coolchange
01-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Damn, sorry 'bout the size.:D

coolchange
01-02-2004, 09:18 AM
seat section

TRG
01-02-2004, 03:18 PM
hey cool...did you find that it was good or bad...having the rear bench so close to the front seat? reason why i ask is,..im in the middle of making a rear fiberglass seat for a few friends boats and wondering if i should just make two molds or just fab a part out of the reg mold( by cutting the pan of the seat down) making more foot room? what do you think? todd

brianwhiteboy
01-02-2004, 03:37 PM
todd,
do you have any pictures of your seat molds you're working on?
Also, I've got a few updated pictures of my boat that I'd like to show you...I've got a few questions. I talked with you a few months back about possibly painting the thing. :eek:
I'm in the middle of sanding it down again (after a futile attempt to sell the boat :rolleyes: ) .....I've finally seen the light and decided to keep her. I'm continuing to sand the old paint job down to the o.g. gel coat. I'll post some pics later tonight.
Brian

likwidsukr
01-02-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by brianwhiteboy
todd,
do you have any pictures of your seat molds you're working on?
Also, I've got a few updated pictures of my boat that I'd like to show you...I've got a few questions. I talked with you a few months back about possibly painting the thing. :eek:
I'm in the middle of sanding it down again (after a futile attempt to sell the boat :rolleyes: ) .....I've finally seen the light and decided to keep her. I'm continuing to sand the old paint job down to the o.g. gel coat. I'll post some pics later tonight.
Brian
Yeah Todd the pics of your seats would help alot for some of the less skilled dumbasses here!!! >likwidsukr

coolchange
01-02-2004, 07:28 PM
Todd, that rear bench is a little deceiving. The boat is a 19'. It has a longer steering post than most. and the back seat looks as if it is very thick but has only 2" of foam. It was made to put the passenger a little forward because it eventually got a turbo motor and the carbs are forward. If you didn't notice its a v-drive. The center cushion is not really a cushion but covers the th400. an adult can sit fairly comfortably in the back but you stradle the front seat like bein on a bike.
The critical dimension is rear seat back to front seat back. Shortening the bottom of the seat doesn't really make more room, it just looks that way, unless you just can't physicaly get yuor feet in there!:eek: There have been a few molds for rear benchs that have split a bucket and made it wider, BUT IMHO, unless its for something like a Daytona, I like a rear seat you can sit sideways in and actually lounge in. And a rear bench is so easy to make from plywood.
BWB- If you have a 18' Southwind that is fairly representitave of how much room you'll have. I have a ppic of that I just cant find my album :mad: .

youngster
01-02-2004, 07:58 PM
FU@#ING HOT BOAT!!! they cleared my name (toddnjuzz) yet again!!! so youngster is my alternate ego!!!
Brian go ahead and give me a call 626 839-8846 as for the seating,...they are going to be just like senior "cool" said! they are thr barrell back seats and the rear bench was cut in half and extended! I will post some pics of them when i get the mold completed with the first set!
i just fig i would make one mold and fab a sertain size if so needed for my personal setup! the width is going to be 54''X17"? tall! not too sure on the size... its been a couple of weeks since ive been working on those! but as for the front buckets... the mold is complete!
buy the way cool!! i liked the "cocktail"style of seating also but hardly had anyone more that my wife out in the boat with me...so i just fig. on the weight factor and the fact that it can be removed in a lickeddy splitt!! todd
P.S. FIX MY SHIT "WWW.***boat.COM"!!