PDA

View Full Version : Direct internet service?

lovemyultra
01-01-2004, 05:22 PM
Does anyone have any experience using the high speed internet service offered by Diect TV ? Is it any good and how about the cost I have seen the commercial all day and they have gotten my attention.THANKS DJ

Kachina26
01-01-2004, 05:25 PM
One of my co-workers had it, he liked it because he couldn't get cable or dsl at the old house. He just moved into a neighborhood with dsl and switched back to that. He has the equipment and wants to sell it (I think). I can check if you're interested. The cost was $60-$80 a month I think, depends on what service you get. Check out their website.

LASERRAY
01-01-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by lovemyultra
Does anyone have any experience using the high speed internet service offered by Diect TV ? Is it any good and how about the cost I have seen the commercial all day and they have gotten my attention.THANKS DJ $$$$! I think that the initial out of pocket is about $600.00 for the proper equipment.:eek:

mickeyfinn
01-01-2004, 06:33 PM
I know a couple of people that have it. If you can get DSL or cable get it!!! Direct's service is inferior to these. It is only good for people who can't get anything else.

JetBoatRich
01-01-2004, 06:46 PM
DJ, go for the DSL where you live. The cable company is about a month away from modem service wait for that. Take cable over DSL, you are a little farther than me from the CO, so cable would be a better choice.
Hope you and your family had a Nice New Year:)

SoCal_fun
01-01-2004, 09:40 PM
I'm on Direcway (two way sat from DirectV). It is decent, although costly for the initial equipment (2 modems and the dish, plus you have to have prof. install). $500.00 or so and then $69.00 a month after that.
It beats the HELL out of dial-up though, which is my only other choice. They are adding cable to my area soon (putting up the wires now). Can't wait.
Good luck. If you wait a month, I'll sell you all my equip cheap!

Kachina26
01-02-2004, 11:47 AM
I waited 8 months for the cable, well worth it.

Kindsvater Flat
01-02-2004, 12:29 PM
I have the starband satellite service. Been pretty happy with it. I live 20 miles from town out in the country so there is no chance of dsl or cable. they are putting up more and more wireless internet towers and I might go that route when it gets close enough.