PDA

View Full Version : Damn yo!

Boozer
01-03-2004, 02:10 AM
Just when i think i couldnt get any further east shit happens and im gettin stuck moving to PA.
Life is shitty in some shitty ways.
Just pray that it will be a favorable move for me.

JustMVG
01-03-2004, 02:19 AM
Where in Pa. Boozer?

SoCal_fun
01-03-2004, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Boozer
Just when i think i couldnt get any further east shit happens and im gettin stuck moving to PA.
Life is shitty in some shitty ways.
Just pray that it will be a favorable move for me.
I thought you were getting a new house built??

Boozer
01-03-2004, 02:35 AM
nope gonna buy a house pre built up in this bitch. Clonsin in march but fortunately i can back out of the contract. Sellers gonna be pissed to no end but they can find a new buyer i suppose.
Scranton PA. is where im going.
Somethin bout some girl i guess.

SoCal_fun
01-03-2004, 03:01 AM
Good Luck,
They got Internet there??? LOL ;)

INXS
01-03-2004, 03:26 AM
Hope you’re not a Snow skier. If you are your in for the disappointment of your life. Well even if you’re not your still in for the disappointment of your life.
INXS

MagicMtnDan
01-03-2004, 08:41 AM
nope gonna buy a house pre built up in this bitch. Clonsin in march but fortunately i can back out of the contract. Sellers gonna be pissed to no end but they can find a new buyer i suppose.
Scranton PA. is where im going.
Somethin bout some girl i guess.
I suppose there are worse places to move for a woman than Scranton, PA but none come to mind right now.
The weather there pretty much sucks (but there are plenty of places with worse weather) and like someone said, don't go there expecting to snow ski - they get snow but there aren't any mountains.
There used to be a fair through there sometime in the summer - guess you can look forward to that :D
In the meantime that girl better be doing things to you you never even fantasized about - it is Scranton after all...

Mandelon
01-03-2004, 08:56 AM
Just so you feel better about Scranton, here is a list of words you can make with the letters in the word Scranton. ;)
CAN SNORT
SCRANTON
CRANSTON
SCAN TORN
SCANT NOR
SCANT RON
CANST NOR
CANST RON
STAN CORN
TAN SCORN
NAT SCORN
ANT SCORN
STAR CONN
TSAR CONN

Dr. Eagle
01-03-2004, 08:58 AM
Where is that....SCROTUM...PA??
Bummer dude, I have been there...ouch!

Boozer
01-03-2004, 10:29 AM
I dont like the idea of giving up the rocky mountains because I snowboard a lot. However, I grew up with this chick and a lot of things here are starting to sour so I'm transfering my job and gettin the hell outta here. I should only be there for about a year and then I dunno where I'll go from there I guess it'll depend on what she wants to do.
Hopefully there are some good lakes out there to launch the boat on at least.

Dr. Eagle
01-03-2004, 10:31 AM
I dont like the idea of giving up the rocky mountains because I snowboard a lot. However, I grew up with this chick and a lot of things here are starting to sour so I'm transfering my job and gettin the hell outta here. I should only be there for about a year and then I dunno where I'll go from there I guess it'll depend on what she wants to do.
Hopefully there are some good lakes out there to launch the boat on at least.
It is pretty back there...but it is the Eastern US and if you are a western US kind of person, it feels verrrrry different.

HCS
01-03-2004, 10:32 AM
Damn, to cold for me. I like the warm weather too much.
Good luck ice fishing.:rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
01-03-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
Damn, to cold for me. I like the warm weather too much.
Good luck ice fishing.:rolleyes:
I used to go Ice Fishing not far from where Boozer lives, so I think he oughta be used to the cold. But East is very different from West... (not that there is anything wrong with that).

MagicMtnDan
01-03-2004, 01:00 PM
Get ready for trees (lotsa trees), people who think they're from a city but Scranton's not a city, windchill (no, it's not like the Rockies but it's cold enough to freeze your arse off), and mosquitoes!
One more word for you: HUMIDITY :eek:

Dr. Eagle
01-03-2004, 01:01 PM
[i] HUMIDITY :eek: [/B]
Oh yeah, you are gonna hate that word......:(

Boozer
01-03-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Get ready for trees (lotsa trees), people who think they're from a city but Scranton's not a city, windchill (no, it's not like the Rockies but it's cold enough to freeze your arse off), and mosquitoes!
One more word for you: HUMIDITY :eek:
Is the humidity there bad? I spent the first week of November in Tampa and thought I was going to die because of that humidity. I hate humidity.

Dr. Eagle
01-03-2004, 01:04 PM
Is the humidity there bad? I spent the first week of November in Tampa and thought I was going to die because of that humidity. I hate humidity.
Lets see, in a word....YES....you are gonna hate it...especially coming from Denver.

HammerDown
01-03-2004, 01:41 PM
Boozy. Scranton's about 2&1/2 hrs north of me...and just north of the Pocono Mts. (not like the Rocky Mts) but good for winter sports. So yes if you like Snow Boarding etc You'll be fine. There's also fresh water rivers all over one is the Pa. Water Gap (very nice) there not to far so thats got ya covered for water activities also. Big area for Deer Hunting also.
Don't know if your into Motorcycle rideing...if so Route 6 kinda starts in Scranton and goes west through Pa. Awsome Country and we have our own Grand Canyon...well sorta.
True Scranton isn't a "big" city...kinda old and layed back. But whats just around it is very nice.
The Humidity will of course be higher then Colorado...heck last time I was in Denver the (H) was down in the single digits.
You'll do fine...however the winters can get very "white" at times.
I'll be the first to say welcome.:cool:

INXS
01-05-2004, 11:00 PM
Hopefully there are some good lakes out there to launch the boat on at least. Check out Hunter Mtn. N.Y. for skiing. If you go to Scream And Fly,Lounge, their is allot of guys that boat in that area.
INXS