PDA

View Full Version : Affordable Jetboat Seats

Chris J
01-03-2004, 09:30 AM
I found this link while looking for seats. Seems this subject keeps coming up so I thought I'd post it. Not something you'ld install in a Race/***boat boat. But I'd bet the is a silent majority out there that would like to get new seats for their 25 year old JETBOAT for under $600.

Chris J
01-03-2004, 09:33 AM
Opps, just when I thought I had this computer s#$% figured out. Hope it work this time.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jhtml?id=0001694&navAction=push&navCount=2&indexId=cat21334&parentId=cat21334&parentType=index&rid=&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fcatalog%2Fpod-link.jhtml_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21276

Jake W
01-03-2004, 10:25 AM
CP Preformance has 3 diffrent seats the round backs the 2 rib race seats and a squared off seat.The round back and square seat you can get them covered in 3 colors.I thought that was a cool and easy way to get a true looking boat seat covered the colors you want with out even leaving your house.I am not sure of the price though.And these were just the front seats.But who needs a back seat right just more weight.
Jake

CrdStang
01-03-2004, 11:38 AM
I guess we all have different definitions of the word "cheap".
My boat is getting a pair of these for the front:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=SUM%2DG1100C
Yeah I know, they're not boat seats and probably won't look right, but for under $40 each, I don't give a damn..
I'll replace them later when I have more green to throw around.
I haven't figured out what I'm going to do for the other 4 seats yet. Thinking of something truly horrible like ride-on mower seats for the pair that go against the transom on either side of the engine compartment. (my cheapness knows no bounds).

screamdreambrad
01-03-2004, 01:28 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CrdStang
[B]I guess we all have different definitions of the word "cheap".
My boat is getting a pair of these for the front:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=SUM%2DG1100C
Yeah I know, they're not boat seats and probably won't look right, but for under $40 each, I don't give a damn..
dude thats going to look like 10 kinds of shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

565edge
01-03-2004, 02:29 PM
I get it now.No more njba but your going to install those seats with a roll cage and race up river with those canadians.:D :D

disco_charger
01-03-2004, 02:50 PM
I've got some seats I'd let go really cheap....Decent shape. I'll get some pics if anyone is interested...

brianwhiteboy
01-03-2004, 03:20 PM
PM those pictures if you could...I might be interested :D

CrdStang
01-03-2004, 03:32 PM
screamdreambrad,
10 kinds of shit? Perfect, thats a dead-on description of the color of my gelcoat!
:D

BrendellaJet
01-03-2004, 08:50 PM
What do you guys think of these? Ive been thinking about using them in my boat. Kind of thinking that 4 might be cool to have, instead of a bench in the back.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/212untitled1.bmp

Foggerjet
01-03-2004, 08:52 PM
Those are sweet, Who sells them?
fog

Tim_T
01-04-2004, 06:15 AM
where did you find those? I going to a new seating config this year and want some buckets and a bench.

sidewound
01-04-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by disco_charger
I've got some seats I'd let go really cheap....Decent shape. I'll get some pics if anyone is interested...
I'm interested in the seats disco. lemme know.
Peace Man!:cool:
CESAR

Jake W
01-04-2004, 11:21 AM
Hear is my opnion I think boats with 4 bucket seats look terable.Front ot back seats look good for a v drive and 2 seats in front and bench in the back for a jet.And in my case 2 buckets and a t tank in back.I think all high back ,dune buggie ,lawn tractor ,bass boat and race car seats make a nice boat look like hammered shit.I have set of the two ribbed BOAT race buckets for mine.But to each their own I guess.At one time I owned a 76 Sidewinder it came from the factory with really high back buckets in front and it looked gay as shit so I took them apart and shortened them and made them look normal.When I ended up doing a complete restro on the tank I used 5 sided seats they were popular in the 80s for boats.And on my Tahiti I had used the round backs and cut them shorter to fit the boat better and no back set al all.I see these boats as hot rods with that in mind my object is to make it fast ,clean,lots of shinny shit and only room for one other person.And I sure would not put dune buggie seats in a 32 Ford Roadster.
Jake:rolleyes:

coolchange
01-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Those summit seats, better get a prepaid chiropractor card!
Cars seats in a boat...:rolleyes:

BrendellaJet
01-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Jake W
Hear is my opnion I think boats with 4 bucket seats look terable.Front ot back seats look good for a v drive and 2 seats in front and bench in the back for a jet.And in my case 2 buckets and a t tank in back.I think all high back ,dune buggie ,lawn tractor ,bass boat and race car seats make a nice boat look like hammered shit.I have set of the two ribbed BOAT race buckets for mine.But to each their own I guess.At one time I owned a 76 Sidewinder it came from the factory with really high back buckets in front and it looked gay as shit so I took them apart and shortened them and made them look normal.When I ended up doing a complete restro on the tank I used 5 sided seats they were popular in the 80s for boats.And on my Tahiti I had used the round backs and cut them shorter to fit the boat better and no back set al all.I see these boats as hot rods with that in mind my object is to make it fast ,clean,lots of shinny shit and only room for one other person.And I sure would not put dune buggie seats in a 32 Ford Roadster.
Jake:rolleyes:
Thanks for your thoughts-:)
I have had some of the same concerns. I go back and forth on the 4 seats dealio-I might just go with a back bench-but it will be tough to get the bench to match the styling of the fronts.
To me though, the seats I posted are pretty cool. They are not hi backs(21 inches tall) Ive seen much taller seats in jets from the factory that I like-especialy the bolster style used in the bigger boats-but they are too damn expensive for a nice set. I also consider these boats as hot rods, and if you take a look at whats available to put in a 32 ford, these aren't too far off in my opinion...
Like I said, I go back and forth on them. My boat will hopefully turn out to be a clean, custom river rod. If they are too tall, ill trim em, but theres just no way to tell until I get them.
Fogger, Tim, The seats are made by Corbeau. the seat is called the GTA lo back. They are reasonably priced as well at $170-ish.

youngster
01-04-2004, 12:36 PM
ive been working on making the rear fiberglass bucket benchfor a few guys on here but dont have any pics or a part yet but when i do mike f will have the first set of buckets and bench combo from me. i should have the bench plug tooled by the end of the week. todd

coolchange
01-04-2004, 02:59 PM
Those Corbeau seats are for a sports car and have the wrong "layback". Whatever you do don't buy them without first sitting in one.

BrendellaJet
01-04-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by coolchange
Those Corbeau seats are for a sports car and have the wrong "layback". Whatever you do don't buy them without first sitting in one.
I've duplicated the angle and tested it-its fine if you ask me.

disco_charger
01-04-2004, 04:18 PM
Here are the seats I have for sale. They aren't perfect, but they're $150. Come get them!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/273DSC01385-med.JPG
Two forward facing buckets, and small cocktail seats in the back, almost buckets.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/273DSC01383-med.JPG

shaun
01-05-2004, 01:43 AM
What do you guys think it would cost me to get both front and the bench seat in the back recovered with the same design and colors? The front seats wood is kind of beat and i'm not sure how long they will hold up but i'm thinking i can do most of the wood repairs my self.
I cant beleive how much steats go for, i would have never though somthing so small would go for so much. I was looking at Sparco seats for my car and those are just as much as boat seats... :rolleyes:
http://www.reitanfamily.com/albums/boat01/IM000696.sized.jpg

Bow Tie Omega
01-05-2004, 05:57 AM
Just from my shopping around recently, you are looking at $1200-$2000 probably. I know that is a pretty wide variant, alot of it depends on what kind of repair/rebuild you need for your seats. Have you considered repairing the seats yourself and just paying someone to recover them? Good Luck:) The ones above your post look like they would match your boat very well.

coolchange
01-05-2004, 08:42 AM
Dont bother "repairing" the wood. If its that far gone it needs to be replaced. PM me if your serious about a new interior.

kurt
01-05-2004, 09:12 AM
hey disco_charger have you sold those seats yet?i live in central MO.is it possible to get them shipped to me?of course i would be willing to pay for the shipping.e-mail me ..........kwbrowne79@yahoo.com.......thanks....... ..kurt

superV
01-05-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by kurt
hey disco_charger have you sold those seats yet?i live in central MO.is it possible to get them shipped to me?of course i would be willing to pay for the shipping.e-mail me ..........kwbrowne79@yahoo.com.......thanks....... ..kurt
Im in St.Louis and Have a set in white ill let go cheep!Never used just old but in nice shape...Give me a call 314-368-2808 Josh

disco_charger
01-05-2004, 09:56 AM
I'll see about shipping them, but I think it's going to be pretty spendy. Anyone got any ideas on how to do it cheap? You might be better off with Supe V's since he's closer...

Jim Brock
01-05-2004, 10:06 AM
I already make a fiberglass rear bench seat to match the 2 rib fiberglass race seat, if you need one give me a call,Jim Brock (818)890-1867

1tricky1
01-05-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Jim Brock
I already make a fiberglass rear bench seat to match the 2 rib fiberglass race seat, if you need one give me a call,Jim Brock (818)890-1867
Hey Jim, got any pics of the bench seat....never seen one? measurements? Thanks

youngster
01-05-2004, 11:19 AM
how wide is your back seat, jim? thanks todd

superV
01-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by disco_charger
I'll see about shipping them, but I think it's going to be pretty spendy. Anyone got any ideas on how to do it cheap? You might be better off with Supe V's since he's closer...
Hey disco thanks for the ref. did not mean to cock block you ;) Did not relize it till now.:frown:

Jet Hydro
01-05-2004, 02:52 PM
superV
got any pic`s? what`s the price??? I`m also looking :eek:

Jim Brock
01-05-2004, 04:37 PM
Can't remember i think it is 48 or 54 inch, it fits inside a elimimator daytona, if you put it in a v-bottom you have room on the sides, we put a side panel on each side, Jim

Jim Brock
01-05-2004, 04:41 PM
Give me a call for more information Jim (818) 890-1867

Cas
01-06-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Shaun
What do you guys think it would cost me to get both front and the bench seat in the back recovered with the same design and colors? The front seats wood is kind of beat and i'm not sure how long they will hold up but i'm thinking i can do most of the wood repairs my self.
I cant beleive how much steats go for, i would have never though somthing so small would go for so much. I was looking at Sparco seats for my car and those are just as much as boat seats... :rolleyes:
Shaun,
I use a guy in Kingsburg, 20 miles south of Fresno that did my interior for $560.00. I paid an extra $80.00 for a 6'x20' piece of marine grade carpet.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3870interior-med.jpg
This picture was taken before the matching pouch was put on the front engine cover and obviously before they were installed. I couldn't find the pic of the finished product but hopefully you get the idea.

superV
01-06-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Jet Hydro
superV
got any pic`s? what`s the price??? I`m also looking :eek:
Ill have some up tommorow! $300 buckroos