PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Jetovater Pics???

Blade1
01-03-2004, 06:47 PM
would anyone have pics of a jetovater installed on a boat?i have the main parts installed on the pump,but the linkage,cable,thru transom pipe with spring and coller for cable kinda have me baffeled.a picture sure would help me make sense of it.have found a breakdown on a website but it is to cluttered to really help. Thanks for any help you guys can offer.Dan

Squirtcha?
01-03-2004, 08:30 PM
Here's that same picture but I cleaned off all the clutter for a friend with the same question last year.
http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/jetovator.jpg
The collar and spring go on the inside of the transom. This may help explain it a little...............The spring is used to counteract the weight of the jetovator and nozzle. It's purpose in life is to make it as easy to raise as it is to lower.
That same collar also acts as the anchoring point for the jetovator cable.
Then there's a plastic bushing that snaps into the transom housing and the tube slides through that. Mine had a rubber o-ring on it but it never really did much to keep the water out. You can buy a rubber bellows for em too, if the leakage is too bad.

JEThro
01-03-2004, 10:28 PM
These might help. Sorry if there a little dark.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/14sr6.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/14sr5.JPG

shaun
01-03-2004, 11:17 PM
how much do these usually run?

squirt
01-03-2004, 11:22 PM
You can find used Jetovators for around $150.00 as they are not the most desired diverter. However depending on your intentions they could very well fit the bill

shaun
01-03-2004, 11:24 PM
Whats a better solution? I'm be honest with you, i mainly jus like to shoot water in the air :D but i know they have there advantages for pulling ski/boarders and what not.

squirt
01-03-2004, 11:34 PM
Place and Aggressor make hydraulic and manuel models. These are the more popular styles and can be used with a droop. They all do the same thing....trim your boat and as a by product shoot a roost. New the other models go in the $600.00 and up range, I could be wrong with the price so ya might want to do a search and find out. Any way you go it is a must have item for your jet..... unless of course you have a panther then the above info is bogus

Squirtcha?
01-04-2004, 07:03 AM
I really liked my old jetovator. It actually had more adjustment (with some modifications) than my current Place Diverter. The only problem is, you can't run a droop with a jetovator and in the never ending quest for more speed.....................welllll ya get the picture.
If all you want to do is trim your boat for skiing n such, throw roosters etc. they work awesome.
Here's a link to some mods I did on mine to get more tail.
jetovator mods (http://www.homestead.com/jetboat/files/upstop.JPG)

Blade1
01-04-2004, 08:00 AM
The pics and cleaned up diagram you posted made it whole lot easier for me. now it makes sense.cant thank yall enough.would have went with a place div,but i took this old sanger in on a trade,and dont have much in it and Duane give me a good deal on the jetovater and it kinda goes along with keepin it original for the times anyway. was going to part out boat and get what i could BUT it cleaned up WAY BETTER than i expected,motor is in really good shape,so now i got the bug to kinda fix it up and run it for this next year Like i need anther boat!!.more labor than money so what the hell!!! I HATE BOATS!!! HAHA!!

Tahiti Doug
01-21-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by squirt
You can find used Jetovators for around $150.00 as they are not the most desired diverter. However depending on your intentions they could very well fit the bill
Hey Squirt,
Where are the $150 Jetovators? I would like to get one but when I do see a used setup they usually want $500 ! For that I may as well get a Place Diverter.:confused:

skipr
01-21-2004, 05:08 PM
I might be selling my jet-o-vator. Not sure yet, but I'm trying to gather enough money to replace it with a place. I'll keep you posted.
Steve

Squirtcha?
01-21-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Tahiti Doug
Hey Squirt,
Where are the $150 Jetovators? I would like to get one but when I do see a used setup they usually want $500 ! For that I may as well get a Place Diverter.:confused:
Where were ya? I sold mine for $150 last year. Included a new cable, the handle, and all other associated hardware.

slotracer
01-21-2004, 07:05 PM
yea i got it for $150.00 and it works great:)
pat(slotracer):D

Squirtcha?
01-21-2004, 08:15 PM
they usually want $500 !
Wellllll Pat..................I guess either I gave ya a smoking deal, or the other guys are all ripoffs.
Oh yeah, you owe me $350

victorfb
01-21-2004, 08:19 PM
damn, i sold one last year for $75
oh well, it didnt fit on a JC bowl anyhow. you think now that i have a JG the guy will sell it back to me for the same price? :p

Squirtcha?
01-21-2004, 08:33 PM
I hate to tell you this but it WILL fit the C bowl. You have to take the bowl off and turn it 180 degrees so the pin holes are sideways instead of top to bottom. Fit's right on there just like a split bowl.

squirt
01-21-2004, 08:35 PM
Doug, Try Jim Brock...don't know what his price will be but I think it is somewhat in line

Tahiti Doug
01-21-2004, 09:00 PM
How do I get a hold of Jim Brock?

victorfb
01-21-2004, 09:04 PM
yea Squirtcha, i knew the trick, but didnt want to turn the boat on its side to oil the pump.:p actually, i was getting the new place diverter as a Christmas gift, and i wanted/needed the hydrolic version. the manual handle was just in the way in the Tahiti and made it difficult for me to get around. not sure if you remember my walking ability. hahaha :p besides, i made this guys day when i sold it to him, and that means alot to me.:D

Squirtcha?
01-21-2004, 09:21 PM
I suppose the oiling holes being off is kinda weird. New Place Diverter for xmas. Man that's a deal. I've only tried the hydraulic control one time and didn't really get a chance to get used to it. It definitely saves on some cockpit space and is easier to use. Depending on how high the idle is, my manual diverter can be a real bear to move sometimes. I'm just too danged cheap to spend the greenbacks on the hydraulics.

squirt
01-21-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Tahiti Doug
How do I get a hold of Jim Brock?
Here try this
Jim Brock(818) 890-1867

mgar_red
01-22-2004, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Squirtcha?
Wellllll Pat..................I guess either I gave ya a smoking deal, or the other guys are all ripoffs.
You were just being a generous and nice guy.
I got a used F setup for my E and had to give two bills for it, nozzle and ring only. The guy was a jet builder/racer and happened to have an old price guide. After I got hold of a used trimetric handle and new cable, I could have spent an extra bill or more to get a new complete manual setup. But I'm a happy camper anyhow, plus it looks original :D

Checkmate
01-22-2004, 02:25 PM
Anybody here heard of or had an electric Jetovator ?
I have the F pump with the Jetovator and it has an electric control, plus the cable is nothing like the pics you guys showed :eek: ? . I am getting ready to rebuild my pump and am faced with the desicion of going to a split bowl. Can I still use the Jetovator with the split bowl as long as I don't run a droop ?

OkieDave
01-22-2004, 02:32 PM
I need a manual control handle for one if anybody has one for sale.

skipr
01-22-2004, 04:55 PM
Mine has an electric accuator on it. I think it was someones homemade piece of work. Kind of looked like crap but worked o.k. If i had a digital camera i would post pics of the pieces since it is apart right now.
Steve

Checkmate
01-22-2004, 07:44 PM
Does it look like the electric motor from a power window on a car ?

Wet Dream
01-22-2004, 07:50 PM
I hate to tell you this but it WILL fit the C bowl. You have to take the bowl off and turn it 180 degrees so the pin holes are sideways instead of top to bottom. Fit's right on there just like a split bowl.
Turning it 90*'s works better. ;)
And yes, its the same thing as a GM passenger side window motor.

Squirtcha?
01-22-2004, 09:52 PM
How's about 270 degrees?

squirt
01-22-2004, 10:11 PM
How's about 270 degrees?
270 degrees:eek: that just might be a little too hot don't ya think:rolleyes: