PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mr. Rexone

Dr. Eagle
01-03-2004, 08:34 PM
Is there a nice (not million dollar) replacement for that POS Mercruiser shifter in my Ultra LX???
Gotta have a trim switch...neutral safety...push button lock... throttle only setting... all of the features of that fine POS plastic Merc dongle.
:confused:

Tom Brown
01-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Have you thought of switching to a foot throttle and a shifter that just shifts?

Tom Brown
01-03-2004, 09:29 PM
Here's a billet shifter/throttle and you could go with a steering wheel mounted trim actuator.
Shifter (http://www.rexmar.com/page39.html)

Dr. Eagle
01-03-2004, 09:36 PM
Yeah, I had seen that one before, I guess it'd be an OK plan B. I'd really like all the functions in the shifter rather than separate, ahd I have no desire for a foot throttle. I thought Mike might know of something that maybe wasn't in the catalog yet.

Kilrtoy
01-03-2004, 11:37 PM
DUDE
you have major problems,
BUY A NEW BOAT

Dr. Eagle
01-04-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
DUDE
you have major problems,
BUY A NEW BOAT
I'll print your remark and show it to the wife...not holding out much hope though....

Kilrtoy
01-04-2004, 12:09 AM
Tell her Im an expert in this field and she can consult with me for any further opinion...

Dr. Eagle
01-04-2004, 08:50 AM
Ok I'll pass that along too...
but....
still not holding out much hope....
:D

Dr. Eagle
01-04-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Tell her Im an expert in this field and she can consult with me for any further opinion...
Lets see...
Uhhh Dear, because my shift actuator on the Ultra is crap and broken, Kilrtoy says I need a new DCB Mach 26 with a whipple charged 700 hp engine....
Something like that?

bchbum
01-04-2004, 03:29 PM
Yes , something like that .

Boozer
01-04-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Lets see...
Uhhh Dear, because my shift actuator on the Ultra is crap and broken, Kilrtoy says I need a new DCB Mach 26 with a whipple charged 700 hp engine....
Something like that?
Screw the whippled inboard. Go twin 300X's.

Dr. Eagle
01-04-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by bchbum
Yes , something like that .
Ok, I'll try...

Dr. Eagle
01-04-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Boozer
Screw the whippled inboard. Go twin 300X's.
Boozer since it is my dream excuse me but.........
Screw any friggin two stroke
Sorry, I just HATE outboard motors....remember now......... my dream....:D :D

Boozer
01-04-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Boozer since it is my dream excuse me but.........
Screw any friggin two stroke
Sorry, I just HATE outboard motors....remember now......... my dream....:D :D
You should be slapped around then.
Outboards are lighter and make WAY more power to size then big blocks. Not to mention they are quieter so youll be a lot more likely to comply with the new noise laws being enacted. Merc has also invested a lot of time and money in research that has lead to 2 stroke outboards putting off low emissions as well.
So what makes you think a big block 4 stroke is better then a 3.0 litre OB that produces 300 ponies and doesnt weigh crap?
And YES I am hijacking this thread.

Dr. Eagle
01-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Boozer
You should be slapped around then.
Outboards are lighter and make WAY more power to size then big blocks. Not to mention they are quieter so youll be a lot more likely to comply with the new noise laws being enacted. Merc has also invested a lot of time and money in research that has lead to 2 stroke outboards putting off low emissions as well.
So what makes you think a big block 4 stroke is better then a 3.0 litre OB that produces 300 ponies and doesnt weigh crap?
And YES I am hijacking this thread.
Hijack away,
I have clean two strokes in my Sea Doo GTX DIs. What makes them different is that two stokes sound like shit, smell like shit, and look like shit.
Other than that they are great...lots of power, lots of torque not a lot of weight. Like I said...my dream...I don't want one of those smelly stupid looking POS's on my boat...so go away now...:D

Rexone
01-04-2004, 05:47 PM
Well late on this one. No we don't presently make what you're looking for. I'd take a look at In-Control shifters. If memory serves me correct (it may not) I think the have a model with the features you're after.

Dr. Eagle
01-04-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
Well late on this one. No we don't presently make what you're looking for. I'd take a look at In-Control shifters. If memory serves me correct (it may not) I think the have a model with the features you're after.
Thanks Mike this thread was going down an dangerous path.......:D