PDA

View Full Version : ***boat Or RRL - Which do You Like Better?

LASERRAY
01-03-2004, 10:50 PM
Where do you spend more time? Here or There. Which site is better OVERALL in Your opionion.

JetBoatRich
01-03-2004, 10:54 PM
RRL is a great site with a variety of content, but I seem to spend a lot more time in ***boat:D
If you could not tell:rolleyes:

Kim Hanson
01-03-2004, 10:56 PM
I, Don't have a problem saying here! I like to stay where I'am familiar with, that's the Parker Crowd........( . )( . ).....:D Not my cup of tea!:p

jbtrailerjim
01-03-2004, 10:59 PM
I like RRL but it has been kind of slow there lately. RD and the gang have done a great job with the site though. But I spend the majority of my time here.

LASERRAY
01-03-2004, 11:15 PM
I Like RRL. I think that those three guys have done a great job with it, and I just wish that people would post more over there. I'm not sure if people are having there posts hazed, and are afraid to post, or if people are just being very carfull not to postwhore. I think people feel a little more relaxed here. I Dunno. Just an observation.:cool:

locogringo
01-03-2004, 11:24 PM
I'd hit it!

Kilrtoy
01-03-2004, 11:32 PM
Good site can post anything X rated,
But I still like it her....

Jordy
01-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
I'm not sure if people are having there posts hazed, and are afraid to post, or if people are just being very carfull not to postwhore.
I just think that it's one of those boards that seem to be free of the pointless posts. If people have nothing to say, then nothing is said. From what I've seen it's better to be kind of quiet than having threads counting down the next 100 posts to the big mile marker. I haven't seen post hazing at all, especially if you compare it to the hazing that happens over here. ;) :D

LASERRAY
01-03-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
I just think that it's one of those boards that seem to be free of the pointless posts. If people have nothing to say, then nothing is said. From what I've seen it's better to be kind of quiet than having threads counting down the next 100 posts to the big mile marker. I haven't seen post hazing at all, especially if you compare it to the hazing that happens over here. ;) :D I agree with most of what you say Jordy. But I can't decide if there are more people here with less sense of humor, or More with less over there. There is one person in particular over there (that will remain nameless) that you can't say anything to without him whining back at you. And there are a number here as well.

Jordy
01-03-2004, 11:52 PM
There is one person in particular over there (that will remain nameless) that you can't say anything to without him whining back at you. And there are a number here as well.
I'd say there are more than that over here... like a plethora or so.
As a moderator on RRL I'd be curious to know what is detracting you from the site. Feel free to PM me either on this board or over there as I'd like to know. Rest assured that your identity will remain hidden.

LASERRAY
01-03-2004, 11:58 PM
I'd say there are more than that over here... like a plethora or so.
As a moderator on RRL I'd be curious to know what is detracting you from the site. Feel free to PM me either on this board or over there as I'd like to know. Rest assured that your identity will remain hidden. I'm not refering to me Jordy, I'm over there plenty. Like I said, I like RRL and I post daily. It may be that alot of people haven't found out about RRL as of yet. Take for example Dr. Eagle, he a mega postwhore here on HB, and yet he only found-out about RRL today, Go figure! What A Loser! :D Just kidding Doc!:rolleyes: Thanks Jordy.:cool:

Jordy
01-04-2004, 12:00 AM
Maybe we'll just have to get RD to spam the site a little more... :D

LASERRAY
01-04-2004, 12:02 AM
Maybe we'll just have to get RD to spam the site a little more... :D Yea, I Remember That!:D

MagicMtnDan
01-04-2004, 07:08 AM
Posting here is like being the pinata at a kid's birthday party :D
http://home.uchicago.edu/~jessef/spring8-F/meghan-pinata.jpg

hot_diggity_dog
01-04-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Kim Hanson
I, Don't have a problem saying here! I like to stay where I'am familiar with, that's the Parker Crowd........( . )( . ).....:D Not my cup of tea!:p
***boat is geared to be a Nation wide site. RRL is an alternative site that is more local and geared for the So Cal River Rat life style.
RRL is not trying to compete against HB or any other site. All of the Moderators from RRL still post on HB and numerous other sites. Havasu Doug's, Havasu Barney's, Etc.
Remember the RRL website isn't even up yet, as we have only launched the Forum boards.
This site will give you a more in depth look at the life of a River rat throughout the year.
Glamis. Pismo, Mammoth, Quads, Dune buggies, Hunting, Fishing, and events during the off season.
When the boating season is going full speed you will be seeing the latest updates from Moabi/Needles to Parker, complete with videos and pictures.
Be patient and post when you feel like or have something interesting to share.
Hot (Don't be afraid of the RRL'ers) Diggity Dog

Havasu Hangin'
01-04-2004, 08:12 AM
Since I've been here...a few boards have sprung up:
OSO
rivertoys
riverracerx
havasudoug
kwicherbichen
barney
op6c
banderlog
jetheaven
realjetboat
screamandfly
lasvegas***boats
socal***boats
extremeboats (AHBA)
liquidaddiction
boatcop
vdrivevideo
dragboatracing
***boatpics
fastboats
boatfreeks
rrl
You guys must have more time than I do.

Mandelon
01-04-2004, 08:29 AM
RRL has no post counter by your name so there is no real point in whoring.
***boat has like 6000 members and is geared to be nationwide. RRL is more localized (River) and laid back.
Don't be a retard over there and you be welcomed.
You can be a retard here. :D

Jbb
01-04-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
OSO
rivertoys
riverracerx
havasudoug
kwicherbichen
barney
op6c
banderlog
jetheaven
realjetboat
screamandfly
lasvegas***boats
socal***boats
extremeboats (AHBA)
liquidaddiction
boatcop
vdrivevideo
dragboatracing
***boatpics
fastboats
boatfreeks
rrl
NO ONE ...Has more time than you....(would you like some fries with that?)
You left out ...Jbb World.com.....?

Dr. Eagle
01-04-2004, 08:59 AM
I have just joined RRL, and like what I see so far. Only thing is that most people don't camp out over there like they do here on ***boat. It is fun when you can get a banter going... less so when you make a post and have to wait hours for an answer.
Just my .02

JetBoatRich
01-04-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
I have just joined RRL, and like what I see so far. Only thing is that most people don't camp out over there like they do here on ***boat. It is fun when you can get a banter going... less so when you make a post and have to wait hours for an answer.
Just my .02
LOL, we have seen a lot of that over here lately:D all in fun VS. drama. That is when is most enjoyable:cool:

Dr. Eagle
01-04-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
LOL, we have seen a lot of that over here lately:D all in fun VS. drama. That is when is most enjoyable:cool:
Zactly!!!!!!

HCS
01-04-2004, 09:10 AM
I post here most of my spare time. Any other spare time I get I
post in automotive and music forums.:rolleyes:
I spend more time reading the forums than I do posting.
I have nothing constructive to say.:D

Mandelon
01-04-2004, 09:38 AM
You could say DE-structive things instead.......:eek:

GlastronGuy
01-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Posting here is like being the pinata at a kid's birthday party :D
http://home.uchicago.edu/~jessef/spring8-F/meghan-pinata.jpg
Or a bystander when the batter swings and misses and hits you in the junk.
:)

GlastronGuy
01-04-2004, 10:15 AM
OSO
rivertoys
riverracerx
havasudoug
kwicherbichen
barney
op6c
banderlog
jetheaven
realjetboat
screamandfly
lasvegas***boats
socal***boats
extremeboats (AHBA)
liquidaddiction
boatcop
vdrivevideo
dragboatracing
***boatpics
fastboats
boatfreeks
rrl
Sprung up?
Real Jet Boats is the original. I was posting on there 5 or more years ago.
Banderlog was a result of the RJB server crashing. We needed a place to post.

Jordy
01-04-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Mandelon
RRL has no post counter by your name...
You sure about that? :D ;)

Havasu Hangin'
01-04-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by GlastronGuy
Sprung up?
Whatever. You jet guys are always confused anyway....I didn't think anyone would notice.
OSO was around first, too...I just didn't feel like splitting hairs, Mr. Detail.

Keithb87
01-04-2004, 10:48 AM
I spend equal time on both.... :D

GlastronGuy
01-04-2004, 11:13 AM
Whatever. You jet guys are always confused anyway....I didn't think anyone would notice.
OSO was around first, too...I just didn't feel like splitting hairs, Mr. Detail.
What's OSO, Mr Liar?
;)

UtlGoa
01-04-2004, 11:14 AM
Anyone have a link to RRL?

hot_diggity_dog
01-04-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by UtlGoa
Anyone have a link to RRL?
riverratlife.com (http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi)
HDD:cool:

LASERRAY
01-04-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by hot_diggity_dog
riverratlife.com (http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi)
HDD:cool: I was going to post the link but didn't want to be called a SPAMMER!:D

likwidsukr
01-04-2004, 12:11 PM
I Like RRL. I think that those three guys have done a great job with it, and I just wish that people would post more over there. I'm not sure if people are having there posts hazed, and are afraid to post, or if people are just being very carfull not to postwhore. I think people feel a little more relaxed here. I Dunno. Just an observation.:cool:
Jordy would not do that!!!!:D :D ;)

likwidsukr
01-04-2004, 12:13 PM
I agree with most of what you say Jordy. But I can't decide if there are more people here with less sense of humor, or More with less over there. There is one person in particular over there (that will remain nameless) that you can't say anything to without him whining back at you. And there are a number here as well.
LMAO!!!!:D

likwidsukr
01-04-2004, 12:20 PM
OSO was around first, too...I just didn't feel like splitting hairs, Mr. Detail. HH
Just as I was starting to like you you say the dumbest shit. WTF:confused::eek: :D

Havasu Hangin'
01-04-2004, 01:44 PM
What's OSO, Mr Liar?
Only for Stupid Jet Operators
BTW...they had to "spring up" at some time or another...so technically, I didn't lie, Mr. Post Monitor.

Kim Hanson
01-04-2004, 02:42 PM
I really don't mind it,it has the same people there as here and HavasuDoug's place so it's not so bad!..........( . )( . )......:cool:

GlastronGuy
01-04-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by likwidsukr
HH
Just as I was starting to like you you say the dumbest shit. WTF:confused::eek: :D
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe his boy friend didn't use the asstrolube this morning and his panties are all bunched up.
:eek:

likwidsukr
01-04-2004, 02:47 PM
Easy guys on HH I was Giving him shit!!! He took a shot so I shot back LOL All in fun!!!:eek: :eek: :D

Havasu Hangin'
01-04-2004, 02:48 PM
I was thinking the same thing.
Alright, Mr. Asstron Gay...now you need to chill out and read yer Hot Boat magazine.

GlastronGuy
01-04-2004, 02:52 PM
Alright, Mr. Asstron Gay...now you need to chill out and read yer Hot Boat magazine.
**** you and Hot Boat has a magazine?

Havasu Hangin'
01-04-2004, 02:53 PM
Hot Boat has a magazine?
Yeah...I think they need some new models, though.

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-04-2004, 02:54 PM
why? our boat was a good model.. :D :D

Mandelon
01-04-2004, 02:58 PM
You sure about that? :D ;)
Wow, JP you are right. Chalk up another one for the king!! My bad. There is a counter there....but its not by your name..:rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
01-04-2004, 03:00 PM
Wow, JP you are right. Chalk up another one for the king!! My bad. There is a counter there....but its not by your name..:rolleyes:
don't pick on Jordy:(

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Jordy needs a fourty.... :D :D

Mandelon
01-04-2004, 05:44 PM
I wasn't pickin on him. I was payin my props. He was right.
Man--->hates being wrong, but can admit it anyway<------delon

mbrown2
01-04-2004, 05:57 PM
Does anyone really care which one is better? I don't....plus its like trying to compare a brand new car maker against Ford...they have been around a while and have more content out there...give it sometime...the world is large enough for both....

Rexone
01-04-2004, 06:02 PM
***boat has like 6000 members and is geared to be nationwide.
Actually it's more like 1000 if you disregard the Knutts and those who:
register and then never post, register and forget their password so they register again, register once a day kind of like taking a vitimin, etc.
Don't be a retard over there and you be welcomed.
No wonder traffic is down. You've just eliminated 95% of us by using that parameter.
:D

LASERRAY
01-04-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by likwidsukr
Jordy would not do that!!!!:D :D ;) No, It's not Jordy. Good guess though!:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-04-2004, 07:03 PM
I agree with most of what you say Jordy. But I can't decide if there are more people here with less sense of humor, or More with less over there. There is one person in particular over there (that will remain nameless) that you can't say anything to without him whining back at you. And there are a number here as well. :D :D

LASERRAY
01-04-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
:D :D Well good evening MFV.:cool:

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-04-2004, 07:09 PM
Hello ..how are you.. :D

LASERRAY
01-04-2004, 07:14 PM
I'm Fine. Just trying to enjoy what's left of my 5 day's off. Back to the HVAC world tommorrow. And you, are you back to your world of angle stops, and ABS, and Turbo Torchs?:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-04-2004, 07:15 PM
yes.. i like it though.. i think it's cause i've been home for so long.. we actually have alot of sewers lined up right now with a couple remodels ..so we have been pretty busy latley.. :D :D

LASERRAY
01-04-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
yes.. i like it though.. i think it's cause i've been home for so long.. we actually have alot of sewers lined up right now with a couple remodels ..so we have been pretty busy latley.. :D :D Sounds like gravy. School's back in session tomorrow so i'll take what breaks. The cool thing about working in a Maintenance shop in a School District is that every day is different. My HVAC rarely has problems so I try and fill my day with whatever else needs attention, Electrical, Plumbing, saftey hazards, whatever. It's never dull, well sometimes. Most of the tradesmen that I work with have been in the trades for 20+ years so there's alot of funny stories told on a daily basis. It makes it easy to get up for work in the morning when you look forward to going to your job.:cool:

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-04-2004, 07:59 PM
it does make it alot easier.:D

JetBoatRich
01-05-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
I just saw this right now when I was going through all the old stuff seeing what I've missed for the last 5 or 6 days..
I wouldn't say that one is better or worse then the other. They are just different and geared toward different things. :)
I still love ***boat, and I'm still here... I wouldn't recomend that anyone leave one or the other to permanently find a home on just one... Variety is the spice of life (or so they say etc..)
A few of us just wanted a place that was similar in some respects, but different in others. I.E. Videos, Galleries, and a little more localized to what we here out west would call "the River" 2ndly, it's also geared more towards the lifestyles.. I.E. photo reports of the weekends, stories, etc..
RD
Politically correct, nice job Dave. I agree