PDA

View Full Version : The Great Biker Build-off on Discovery Channel Right Now!

LASERRAY
01-04-2004, 08:54 PM
On right now till 11:00 Pm. Sweet!:cool:

Kindsvater Flat
01-04-2004, 09:04 PM
I watched it east coast time. Wanna know who wins?:D

77charger
01-04-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Kindsvater Flat
I watched it east coast time. Wanna know who wins?:D same here those guys built some awesome bikes.

LASERRAY
01-04-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Kindsvater Flat
I watched it east coast time. Wanna know who wins?:D I don't think Indian Larry can lose. But Paul Yaffe builds an awesome bike too.:cool:

HammerDown
01-04-2004, 09:37 PM
Pretty neet to see old school Shovel/Pan Motors.
But someone needs to show Billy L. How to kick start a Motor.

Coach
01-04-2004, 09:51 PM
I just wanted to know how that exhaust past the seat felt after the long ride Billy made on the bike.:eek:

LASERRAY
01-04-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Coach
I just wanted to know how that exhaust past the seat felt after the long ride Billy made on the bike.:eek: He endend-up putting 12 layers of tin-foil between his seat and the exaust. I'm sure that didn't feel to choice to answer your question.

Beautiful Noise
01-04-2004, 10:01 PM
Great show BUT it's a repeat BUT they all build such Bitchin Bike's ya can't help but watch it again:D :D :D

Dr. Eagle
01-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Beautiful Noise
Great show BUT it's a repeat BUT they all build such Bitchin Bike's ya can't help but watch it again:D :D :D
I like the one where the guy builds the seat with the exhaust flowing through it and starts his pants on fire. Gee wonder why that happened...:confused:

Boozer
01-04-2004, 10:22 PM
It's on here until midnight. Just started the Indian Larry and Billy. I honestly dont know id Larry is going to win. He's veering away from his old ways and doesnt seem like he's all that confident in what he's doing. But who knows? Larry can build some sweet choppers.

Beautiful Noise
01-04-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Boozer
But who knows? Larry can build some sweet choppers.
Watch on Young GrassHopper:)

Dr. Eagle
01-04-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Boozer
It's on here until midnight. Just started the Indian Larry and Billy. I honestly dont know id Larry is going to win. He's veering away from his old ways and doesnt seem like he's all that confident in what he's doing. But who knows? Larry can build some sweet choppers. ]\
Isn't he paired up against the guy from Phoenix? And isn't larry building the chopper with the 60s ratfink theme??? (I'm in the hotel now so I don't have Discovery).

LASERRAY
01-04-2004, 10:30 PM
Billy Lane's hubless rear wheel design is really fresh. I'd never seen that before.Too damn cool.:cool:

LASERRAY
01-04-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
]\
Isn't he paired up against the guy from Phoenix? And isn't larry building the chopper with the 60s ratfink theme??? (I'm in the hotel now so I don't have Discovery). That was last hour. This hour is Billy Vs. Larry. It's the final. I do know the outcome, i remember watching this last Sept. And The winner is.......................:D

Dr. Eagle
01-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
That was last hour. This hour is Billy Vs. Larry. It's the final. I do know the outcome, i remember watching this last Sept. And The winner is.......................:D
That's right, bill from Boston...right?

Beautiful Noise
01-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........................But I do remember;) ;) :D

Dr. Eagle
01-04-2004, 10:36 PM
That's right, bill from Boston...right?
That had to be the most incredibly sic flame paint job on that bike......SWWWWWEEEEEEET
:D

LASERRAY
01-04-2004, 10:37 PM
That's right, bill from Boston...right? Billy Lane from Florida. The guy that can't kickstart his bike.:D

Dr. Eagle
01-04-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Billy Lane from Florida. The guy that can't kickstart his bike.:D
Obviously the memory isn't what it used to be.....:confused:

LASERRAY
01-04-2004, 10:42 PM
Obviously the memory isn't what it used to be.....:confused: He should have put an electric starter in, but opted for the old school kick start, mistake! A little too much motor for that I think.:eek: It took him like, two days to start the bike:D

Boozer
01-04-2004, 10:46 PM
Watching Billy try to kickt hat bike over brings back memories of me trying to kick my dads 426F. That shit is a bitch. Ripped a shoe completely in half one time tryin to kick it over in the garage.

Kilrtoy
01-04-2004, 11:24 PM
BOURGET is the BEST
and he lost

Caribbean Jet
01-05-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
BOURGET is the BEST
and he lost
I agree, that guy did it all. THe paint job on that bike was tits. All of those bikes with rigid frames are a nice idea but who wants to ride them, especially long distance?

Havasu Cig
01-05-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
BOURGET is the BEST
and he lost
Exactly...I watched this series last year when it aired and it seemed like there was a bias towards the east Coast IMO.

Kilrtoy
01-05-2004, 11:10 AM
Exactly...I watched this series last year when it aired and it seemed like there was a bias towards the east Coast IMO.
Maybe the same judges were also involved in this years BCS

BADBLOWN572
01-05-2004, 11:30 AM
Borguet's bike was sweet! I liked the way that they installed the nitrous bottles into the gas tank and how they use the frame as their oil tank. Overall that was definitely the best bike. I did like the paint on the Paul Jaffe bike with the silverleaf underneath the red candy. Just enough to see it, but not enough to be too much.

NoCal NoBoat
01-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Watched both shows for a second time.
I don't perceive an East Coast bias. But I do think the voters at the events favor the "old school" style and Indian Larry's "street credentials".
All these guys - Bourget, Jaffe, Lane, Perewitz, and Indian Larry
are artists, and I really enjoy watching them work.
I don't know any of them, but Indian Larry comes off as friendly and approachable much of the time. Maybe the combo of him and the bike pulls the votes ??