PDA

View Full Version : End Cap Removal help needed

Ranz1
01-04-2004, 09:26 PM
The end cap in my jet bowl is stuck. What is the best way to remove it? I tryed a 1/2 inpack gun with no luck and a friend held it well i used a rachet with a 12" braker bar. Is a lot of heat a good idea for the aluminum? It is the aluminum cap with the slot......Anthony

Jake W
01-05-2004, 03:47 PM
I can no belive no one has had an idea.Though you pretty much used the right tools for breaking it lose did you try penatrating oil like WD 40 ect?I would do that befor heating it up.It must be really caroded(sp) in there.
Jake

wsuwrhr
01-05-2004, 05:35 PM
Some of them are left hand thread.
Brian

Cs19
01-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Figure out a way to hold the bowl in some sort of fixture so you can get all the leverage your gonna need to break it loose.
Heat the bowl around the threads, dont heat the end cap. Get the largest screw driver you have and give it a shot (maybe get an adjustable wrench on the shaft of the screwdriver ? ) There are also 1/2 or 3/8 sockets with a flat head tip on them, if you get one of those you can get alot more leverage on it.
Worst case scenario you will have to machine it out.

HOSS
01-05-2004, 07:23 PM
Exactly.
Also the big nut if its rusted,,,,don`t try and remove it. Bring it to a shop. The nut is gonna break!

Ranz1
01-05-2004, 08:01 PM
I sprayed PB Blaster inside and out about two days ago, ill see if that help tomorrow. For a tool i took a socket, cut two slots in it and welded a piece of flat steel in it. It fits perfect in the slot of the end cap.
Is it true some a left hand thread:eek: ? Its a Berk bowl......

Duane HTP
01-06-2004, 08:21 PM
NO, not on a Berkeley.