PDA

View Full Version : HVAC guys...

BiggusJimbus
01-05-2004, 11:16 AM
I see a few of you guys are in the biz...
I'm having a hell of a time finding a replacement board for my RUUD furnace, and was wondering if any of you folks might have some ability to help me find this bastard.
I can't get RUUD (Rheem) to talk to me, and I haven't found any local dealers that have even returned my calls.
Not in a position to replace the unit right now, and it's not really that old.
I have all the info from the unit, plus digi pics of the board handy.
If you can help, drop me a PM or an e-mail, or just post here, and I'll take the time to find you. But it's freaking cold here in the house, and the wife has had just about enough of it. I've been trying to get this thing for a month now. She's been really patient, but I can see that ending before too long.
Thanks in advance for your time.
Jim.

Hal
01-05-2004, 02:26 PM
Send me the Mod# and Ser#.

BiggusJimbus
01-05-2004, 10:26 PM
Thanks Hal.
Sent you a PM.
I appreciate your looking.
Jim.

Cas
01-05-2004, 10:38 PM
send the info to me too Jim, my step son is in the H/AC biz.

LASERRAY
01-05-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by BiggusJimbus
I see a few of you guys are in the biz...
I'm having a hell of a time finding a replacement board for my RUUD furnace, and was wondering if any of you folks might have some ability to help me find this bastard.
I can't get RUUD (Rheem) to talk to me, and I haven't found any local dealers that have even returned my calls.
Not in a position to replace the unit right now, and it's not really that old.
I have all the info from the unit, plus digi pics of the board handy.
If you can help, drop me a PM or an e-mail, or just post here, and I'll take the time to find you. But it's freaking cold here in the house, and the wife has had just about enough of it. I've been trying to get this thing for a month now. She's been really patient, but I can see that ending before too long.
Thanks in advance for your time.
Jim. Are you sure it's the board? Is it visually damaged, burned, broken? Did it get wet? Have you checked all the saftey switches/controls? Primary and secondary voltage? T-stat is ok? etc. Is the filter clean? I ask because 9 times out of 10 it's something other then the board, and most boards are expensive so i'd make sure. I could check price and availibility for you if you'd like. Post the M#, and S# of the Furnace/air handler, and the M# of the Board itself. Please specify Gas/ or Heat Pump. That will expedite things a little.:cool: