PDA

View Full Version : My 73 Eagle

American Eagle73
01-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Hey guys n girls, im new to the site, My names Ty, and this is my baby, 73 american Eagle w/ 455 Berkley/placediverter
http://photos.wakeboarder.com/data/504/2150AMerican_3.JPG
http://photos.wakeboarder.com/data/500/2150DSC00068.JPG
http://photos.wakeboarder.com/data/504/2150AMerican_1.JPG
what do you think, and its nice to meet you all!
Ty,

sleekcraft76
01-05-2004, 04:28 PM
man i'm glad you posted that pic that is the color im going to paint our marlin leo witch is the same hull as your's. did you rebuild the 455 and did you do anything special to it im in the process of doing mine and it is nice to see what other people are doing.

American Eagle73
01-05-2004, 05:07 PM
im the 3rd owner, ive had the boat for 2 years, and the owner b4 me had it for 2 months and didnt use it, so i consider my self # 2 almost, engine was rebuilt in the late 80's, and didnt see much use after that eather, it runs strong, i get 60-61 mph on the gps with just me and 5 gallons of gas, the gelcoat is original, and so is the interior, it was kept very nice,
engine mods arnt much, HEI dual point distributer, and accel wires, nothing to special she revs to about 5000-5100 RPM which is pretty danm impresive for a 455,
I didnt know marilin's had the same haul, but i can tell they do,
I knew Apollo's, Freedom, American, Jolly Rodger and Mercades had the same ones so that makes 6 lol
its funny how they all sued each other, but sad at the same time,
Any pics of yours buddy?
Ty,

canuck1
01-05-2004, 05:43 PM
Welcome Ty
I'm just 25 min south of you, and there are a few more Canadians around here too

dirtman
01-05-2004, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I'll check in as a fellow Canadian. I'm a couple hours south.
Where do you guys do most of your getting wet?

Back Forty
01-06-2004, 07:42 AM
Good to see you over here Ty. This is a great place for the jets.

quiet riot
01-06-2004, 08:50 AM
AE 73, welcome aboard. I worked on a couple jolly rodger's with stern drives. Was always impressed with the performance/ride of those boats with stock merc sb power (apprx 200 hp.)
jd

promod
01-06-2004, 09:03 AM
welcome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
later promod:p

likwidsukr
01-06-2004, 09:46 AM
Hello Ty;
Good to see you over here as well! I have talked to you on Realjetboats forum. So how is the weather?? 75 Here yesterday

Squirtcha?
01-06-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by American Eagle73
i get 60-61 mph on the gps with just me and 5 gallons of gas, the gelcoat is original, and so is the interior, it was kept very nice,
she revs to about 5000-5100 RPM which is pretty danm impresive for a 455,
Ty,
Hey Ty.................
Are those Canadian rpm's or American?

American Eagle73
01-06-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Squirtcha?
Hey Ty.................
Are those Canadian rpm's or American?
What kinda Joke is that?
lol, good to cyaa here,
those are AMerican RPM's from my tack, (hope its right)
and the GPS is one of those TIMEX GPS watches, so I would hope they would be accurate as well,
So whats with this CDN/USA Rpm thing? :D
Ty,

Squirtcha?
01-06-2004, 02:11 PM
Just being goofy Ty. Ya know, I lived right next to Canada for about 20 years eh? (See I even speak Canadian). The one thing I know for a fact is that Canadian (winter) minutes are much longer than an Arizona minute. When I lived up there, a winter minute seemed to take forever. I figure that could throw off the whole revolutions per minute thing, thus "Canadian RPM"
Or maybe they're metric revolutions?
Just having some fun bud.
Glad to see you've found your way onto yet another jetter's page.

American Eagle73
01-06-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Squirtcha?
Just being goofy Ty. Ya know, I lived right next to Canada for about 20 years eh? (See I even speak Canadian). The one thing I know for a fact is that Canadian (winter) minutes are much longer than an Arizona minute. When I lived up there, a winter minute seemed to take forever. I figure that could throw off the whole revolutions per minute thing, thus "Canadian RPM"
Or maybe they're metric revolutions?
Just having some fun bud.
Glad to see you've found your way onto yet another jetter's page.
hahaha, well isnt that why we are on here to have some fun!
also cheap advice!
Those winter MINS are adding up here, there has been one hell of a cold snap here in Calgary, its beeing about -25 or colder here the past few days and when that wind kicked up it felt even colder!
Would be nice to be somewhere warm, its to cold to do any thing here least i can play hockey if its -15 or warmer =)
nice thing was there was those little aussie jet boats on tv that go around the coarse with all the turns that was neat, they say 0-80MPH in 2.3 seconds, or somthing pretty neat, i want a boat like that, Cant imgaine the G's you could pull on a tube behind those things!
Ty,

likwidsukr
01-06-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by American Eagle73
hahaha, well isnt that why we are on here to have some fun!
also cheap advice!
Those winter MINS are adding up here, there has been one hell of a cold snap here in Calgary, its beeing about -25 or colder here the past few days and when that wind kicked up it felt even colder!
Would be nice to be somewhere warm, its to cold to do any thing here least i can play hockey if its -15 or warmer =)
nice thing was there was those little aussie jet boats on tv that go around the coarse with all the turns that was neat, they say 0-80MPH in 2.3 seconds, or somthing pretty neat, i want a boat like that, Cant imgaine the G's you could pull on a tube behind those things!
Ty,
Sign me up for a ride!!!