PDA

View Full Version : Hot Boat survey

32fever
03-04-2002, 02:59 PM
After the survey about folks wanting more smaller boats, anybody know if any results are going to be implemented in Hot boat from that survey?
I haven' gone to the jetboat area to check, so I apologize if I'm stupid, but just wondering.
Seems like many wanted to see more 24' and under boats. Of course those in this forum would likely want to see 24' and over, but there wasn't enough traffic here, so.....
It would make sense I suppose, why should Hot Boat cater to guys that don't use their boards? their response wouldbe from the jet boat and ski boat guys.
Anyone hear anything? Any scoops?
mark

Maverick
03-04-2002, 03:11 PM
Here's my 2cents...
I run 24' 502 EFI Baja, most boaters in the midwest run 28' or less. Certainly, the ultra fast big boats a fascinating, but I'll never own one. I'd certainly like to see more FAST, afordable, mid sized boats --- which I may see, race or possibly buy.
Maverick

ratso
03-04-2002, 04:28 PM
Maverick...Ditto...Ratso

32fever
03-04-2002, 06:50 PM
Maverick,
WEll, I'm not sure what the numbers are, but just based on common sense, many more folks can afford 20-24' boats than 38+ offshore speed demons. While I think they are cool, Ialso get tired of seeing reviews is PRA, PB, and HB of 42' Fountains with 900's or 42 OL with 1000's or the 46 Cig in the latest issue. I'll never buy a $750k boat, and not many will. Even if I could afford it, probably wouldn't spend that much on this hobby.
But, the majority here in our group of local boaters are 30-32' boats. You may think now it's not something for you, but you'd be surprised. I never thought I'd have the boat I have, or even the one I had before this, a 250ES Baja. But, where there is a will, there is a way, they say. And the will is strong. LOL! Just depends on what kind of boating you do, and what you really want to buy someday. Whatever it is, if you don't have it yet, you may surprise yourself http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
So, I agree with you to an extent, but think even some of the 38'ers even should be tested, but let's be real. MOST 38-42' boats are NOT sold with 900's, but 500's or something more affordable. Why not test the sorts of boats people actually buy. Who the hell buys v-12's in their 46' Cigarette? Maybe a couple people. The 51 OL that National has is still for sale. 1% might buy them, maybe...
I think we agree, but I think the 28' should be extended to 38' ish. And with reliable power. I'd rather not see a 28'er with a $50,000 motor/drive, either, I'm not buying that, and few folks do spend outrageous dollars on things like that. They'll move up to twins, larger, etc.
Anyway, just wondering what the outcome was of that as far as what Hot Boat is going to do.
Mark
[This message has been edited by 32fever (edited March 04, 2002).]

crmax
03-04-2002, 07:37 PM
I agree, I have a 20' now and will move up to around a 30' some day, but Id have to hit the lotto to spend the money that the big offshore boats go for

playdeep
03-04-2002, 08:39 PM
I would be willing to bet that there are 20 midsize sport boats sold for every 1 offshore wavecrusher.go sit in the channel @ havasu and see what is most prevelant.As long as Kevin Spaise is around at least we wont have to put up with seeing a buoy slug (tournament ski boat) in hot boat.

2prop
03-06-2002, 03:17 PM
My .02 is that the big boat market will always be in the fore front , it is a money -stature thing big boats are a simble of I've made it and every body is chasing the brass ring I personally don't think Hot Boat will change a thing , afterall the big boat manufactors put big money into there ad campains,and there is a lust for bigger is better, I have a 33' now and towing it from NC to Fla. is getting to be a pain , if I go bigger it will be stored down there not making it real practical.