PDA

View Full Version : Cougar 21 skier bravo 1 =speed?

nicks
04-16-2002, 06:05 PM
I'm looking at buying a cougar 21 skier open bow with a 450 hp. big block. It has a stock bravo, no nosecone. The boat has no trim tabs. Will it need a nosecone? Does anyone have knowledge of this hull and how it responds to this much power? What can I expect for top speed? thanks Nick

cougar27mtr
04-16-2002, 06:27 PM
I just bought a 27 mtr from then I love the construction of the hull as well as the way they look after the quality of the work. The wiring is amazing, probably better then most I have seen. Cougar as a whole was good to me and took care of me thus far. I have no idea about the speed of the skier but there is another guy on here that I think owns one so he could help you better then I Good luck with your purchase. How much are they asking for it?
cougar27mtr

COUGAR20.5
04-16-2002, 06:48 PM
WE have a 95 20.5 with a 7.4 bbc (300 hp)With a 23" mirage I have gotten 65 mph (gps)on a cool (75) morning run. You can almost take your hands off the wheel at that speed!I am sure if you call wayne or tom @ cougar they will fill you in.They are both great guys!Also what year is it?I think the late model bravos don't need nose cones?
ps I run a bravo 4 blade as a day in day out prop the boat handles better with it. the 3 blade is for when i want to go out and go fast!! HA-HA
[This message has been edited by COUGAR20.5 (edited April 16, 2002).]

HavasuDreamin'
04-18-2002, 09:22 AM
I don't believe you will need a nose cone unless you are looking for some serious speed. You will need a drive shower though. I think mid 60's to early 70's is attainable from reading what others have posted. Good Luck