PDA

View Full Version : 2004 TableRock Roost

Ken F
01-05-2004, 08:51 PM
Info is now available in HotSpots Central reguarding this years Roost!
Ken F

Jake W
01-05-2004, 08:57 PM
Ken that place looks nice.Is that sand or rocks by the slips?It looks like sand but I know TableRock.
Jake:D

Ken F
01-06-2004, 03:48 AM
Sand? What's Sand? lol
Jake, Maybe Ruggs can answer that for us, it's his home stomping ground.
I know he said that there is a good beach where we can beach our boats...
Ken

ruggs
01-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Jake,
The answer to your question is that their is a cove about 2 minutes away (unless you have a serious fast boat) from the campground,resort etc. it does have a silty beach area and would probably be the area that everyone would hang out especialy since thats where the Tiki bar will be. This area is just off the main body of the lake an has much calmer water, room to ski or tube etc. Hope to see you there........Ruggs

Jetmugg
01-06-2004, 03:45 PM
I might have to show up with my buddy's MasterCraft tournament ski boat. It's great for skiing, but sucks for high speed. Jake, I want a ride in that Gullwing when it's done. I predict 85 mph+ with your engine and a good setup.
SteveM.

Jake W
01-06-2004, 04:35 PM
Steve if you and I are there you can drive it.
I hope you are right about the speed I would be happy with 80 for now.It is pretty light though?
Silt sounds good to me I am not going to re jell the gullwing untill next winter so a little silt wont hurt it.Now rocks are a diffrent storie.
Jake

Jet Hydro
01-06-2004, 05:23 PM
Jake you mean to tell me that your boat is fast enough to go??? I was told that mine wasn't :rolleyes: so I `m not going to make the hall out. :(

Ken F
01-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Steve,
You know, this is not a sanctioned boat race! lol WHO told you aren't fast enough to go?
You know, last year oddly enough, I didn't see even one race. We sure did have a good time though. We had a bunch of the prop boys that came up from Jopliln, My neighbor brought his pink "Barbie Boat" had several boats there that were runabout's and family type boats. Everybody had a great time together.
You add a lot of life to the party the few times I've been around you, and I for one would be really dissappointed if you didn't make it this year. I had really hoped you would come last time.
Ken F

Jet Hydro
01-06-2004, 08:15 PM
Ken
I was just joking around a little...lol... Some O/B told me he was going to show me how a 10.0 O/B ran so there was no reason for me to show up unless I wanted my ass handed to me..lol... Well you know what that means, I`v got to show up...ROTFLMAO
I don't know if I`ll bring the SJ or the Hydro. What do you think would be the best boat for the weekend?
The "SJ" I can park on the beach or rocks and walk across the bow so I don't have to get my feet wet. We call it the TURD..lol... It`s a real TURD, kinda like a Bar Car...lol...
You already know the "Hydro", No ROCKS or Beach for that one.
I`m not going looking for a race, just going to have some fun.
BTW....What are the Law`s on Headers for out of State Boats?

Jake W
01-06-2004, 08:46 PM
Hey Jethydro I was going to ask witch one you would bring.
There is a guy that has a Hondo Jet hydro just about 1/8 mile down the cove from the lake house(Father in laws house) he walks on the nose of his.He he. I had told him about this event last year and he seemed interested.Does Duane park his 23 tunnel on the rocks?I saw a pic of it from last year and it looked beached on an island (ouch).
Jake

Jet Hydro
01-07-2004, 10:41 AM
I`v never seen that picture of Duane's boat on the rocks??? Can you find it?
Duane takes pretty good care of his big brown boat from what I`v seen. I`d love to have a boat like his :) I need to try to get over there and buff it out for him ( Been telling him that I would for the last 2 years)
Is the water good enough for the Hydro over there? If so I`ll bring it. Don't want a big ass wave to sink it you know...lol
Can I run open headers?

Ken F
01-07-2004, 10:49 AM
Steve,
In answer to your questions:
yes, the water is great,
Yes, you can run opens
yes, Duane parked his boat on the rocks
Yes, I've got the pic! Send me your e-mail address, and I'll send it to you.
Ken
KenandEmmFoster@cs.com

Jake W
01-07-2004, 03:41 PM
Ken sent it to me and i will post it up.
jakesidewinder@aol.com
Jake:eek:

Ken F
01-07-2004, 07:51 PM
Steve, it's up to you which one you bring, but you don't have to worry about getting your feet wet. The lake is usually close to 90 degrees by July...just like bath water! It's ruined me for going anywhere else!
If you want a room, you better reserve one quick. They are already being reserved.
Maybe you'd like to camp along wif we 'po fok anyhew....
Ken

Jet Hydro
01-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Ken
I`ll try to bring the Hydro then. It likes good water :)
I be sleeping in my 5th wheel or the back of my truck...lol...
I`m wif you po fok....lol... the hell wif da room`s we be out doe people anyway...ROTFLMAO
Oh yea ....Tag, you it...you`v got a PM....

kp216
01-08-2004, 12:44 PM
Jet Hydro and Jake - Here's one of the pics of both Duane's and Brian's boats beached last year at the Tablerock Roost. It was a pretty quiet cove with not much wave action going on... except when we were all coming and/or going.:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/327Picture_024-med.jpg

Jet Hydro
01-08-2004, 06:15 PM
Yep, their on the beach alright..hummmm, would have never guessed.
I park all of my boats out in the water.
I`m a bodyman/Painter so I would just shit to have one of my boats parked like that...lol... My Dad use to park his the same way.
I got a little VW Crankshaft on a bungee cord that I drop in the water. Keep`s my boats in place in the biggest waves.
A friend of mine has the same thing but he has a BBF balancer on his.
I had one of those dog chain screw in things but this is much easer to pull in when it`s time to load the boat back on the trailer.
Everyone has their own way, I just cant bring my self to park on the beach. I even park the Turd out in the water...lol... don't know why, but I do..ROTFLMAO

Duane HTP
01-08-2004, 07:18 PM
Hey Ken, that's a really nice area to have the get together and it's only about three miles from my cabin. Maybe I can get there on one tank of gas. My new 588 cubic inch/1471 Chevy is done. I plan to have it there. JD lives just right on the other side of the lake where you are having your party. It'l be fun.

Ken F
01-09-2004, 05:04 AM
Duane,
Holy Carp!!! you think it is going to take 33 gals of gas to go 3 miles??? Well, at least this year with the new Cheyenne I should be able to keep up with you at least in "cruse" mode.
I didn't know JD lived right across the lake! That would be great! Also, if Mr Capps doesn't show this year, Saturday we are all going to make a run down the white River to his cabin, and take the party to him!!!! lol
Ken

Ken F
01-16-2004, 06:03 PM
I just received word that Duane from Hi-Tech Performance is donating a new "Snoot" to be given away as one of our prizes! This is the same snoot which Squirtcha added 6.3 mph to his boat by bolting it on, and doing a little set-up!!!
That ought to give you guys a little incintive to get to the Roost this year!!
Ken F

Jet Hydro
01-18-2004, 08:19 PM
If I bring the SJ and the Hydro, do I get to enter twice?...lol... I need one for the SJ :D