PDA

View Full Version : Margaritas

MsDrmr
01-06-2004, 11:18 AM
Okay,,,,for all you talented posters out there,,,,here's a question for you.
The Mr. and I love cadalliac margaritas, after several attempts to make them, we have been unsuccessful at it. We both like the Jose Quevro margarita mix that is ready to drink, but dones anyone have a great reciepe for the cad marg?

life's a river
01-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Check out Margaritaville.com:cool:

life's a river
01-06-2004, 11:49 AM
Sorry. No more good recipes there. Try drinksmixer.com

clownpuncher
01-06-2004, 11:52 AM
This is how we make em at ROC's Firehouse
Premium tequila - at least Jose Cuervo
Good mix - we use Island Oasis. Probably the most expensive but it's the best. This is a well balanced mix that doesn't require any added stuff like lime juice
Splash of Cointreau
Stir it all up or use a shaker. Then pour it all into a glass filled with ice. Remember to salt the rim of the drinking glass with some Kosher salt BEFORE your pour the mixture in the glass.
Don't forget to pour a lil floater (1/2 to 1 oz depending on taste and size of the drink) of Gran Marnier on top:D
And don't go ruining it by putting it in a blender
Have fun

dimarcobros
01-06-2004, 11:52 AM
A caddy marg had a floater of Grand Marnier (sp?)
DMB

NoCal NoBoat
01-06-2004, 11:54 AM
Mrs Drmr -
Paging Dr Margarita...
- in the meantime, I found this recipe at
www.drinkof theweek.com/archive/c/caddy-maggie.htm
Cadillac Margarita
Take a cocktail glass and rub the lime wedge around the rim, dip rim in the salt.
1 1/2 oz Gold Tequila
1/2 oz Cointreau
1/2 oz Grand Marnier
1 oz Lime Juice
Bar Salt
Garnish - Lime Squeeze
In a shaker with ice combine Tequila, Cointreau, Grand Marnier, & Lime Juice. Shake well and strain into cocktail glass, or serve over ice in a highball.
In my experience, the premium liquers - Cointreau and Grand Marnier make a big difference...

NoCal NoBoat
01-06-2004, 11:57 AM
I agree with Clownpuncher and DiMarcobros - I'd float the Grand Marnier, too...

MsDrmr
01-06-2004, 12:44 PM
I have nothing better to do this eve, have some time to kill,,,,guess what i'm gonna do? I am trying all the receipes out this eve, let ya know which one I like best