PDA

View Full Version : Triton V10 modifications

Speedin' Ian
01-06-2004, 02:40 PM
I have 2000 F-250, crew cab, long bed, 4X4 with the V10 and I was wondering what kind of modifications other people have done to this engine. So far I've installed a 3.5in. RCD lift, a flowmaster exhaust and K&N filter. I am happy with the performance, but like most people I'm always looking for more. On a side note I just had some sweet dual shock mounts built by a local fabricator, if anyone is interested PM me and I'll pass his number on to you.

FLOJO
02-02-2004, 05:14 PM
id like to see what the dual mounts look like. i have a 99f350 v10 with a 6in procomp and a 3 in body with 16.5 welds 36 swappers 456 gears kn air cleaner, b&m deep trany pan, would like to put headers and 38s theres a web page called ford enthusiasts exlcellent page.

dirtman
02-02-2004, 05:20 PM
Put a few bucks away for new heads. Mines blowin' spark plugs out at an alarming rate!

fourspeednup
02-02-2004, 05:45 PM
PUT A BLOWER ON IT! Or if you're interested in something a little less drastic, check out the gale banks website
banks truck stuff (http://www.bankspower.com/ford.cfm)

Speedin' Ian
02-03-2004, 10:11 AM
Hey FLOJO I'm at school right now so I'll try and snap some picks of the shock mounts when I get home later this afternoon. Heres a pick of the truck anyway. It has the RCD 3.5in lift, with 32's which I plan on swapping out for some 35's as soon I can get the money, it also has flowmaster exhaust and K&N filter. Hey Dirtman can you elaborate on the spark plug problem? What kind of mods have you performed? Do the mechanics have any idea why it is happening? How much does it cost to be fixed? What year is your truck? When does it happen?

FLOJO
02-03-2004, 01:48 PM
my spark plug blew out also on pasanger side closest to the fire wall. i have 58,000 on my truck. its covered under warranty if you have extended warranty. make sure the replace the head ive heared of some stealerships installing a helicoil. the job cost about 2,800. to do. they talk about alot at ford enthuisasts.

dirtman
02-04-2004, 06:22 PM
In 2000 I got extended warranty, but it wasn't Fords (the dealer ship was selling an aftermarket warranty called Autoshield). They weaseled out of fixing the problem, so I'm on the hook for a new head or a helicoil. I've remained calm through-out the whole affair and been so politically correct that my ASS hurts, but it looks like they've got the right to decline this claim. So basically I just handed them $1700 bucks and they don't really have to do anything!!

Maxey
02-04-2004, 07:38 PM
8.1L Vortec would be a good modification.
:D :D :D :D

rrrr
02-06-2004, 09:37 PM
I got both my heads replaced free at 42,000 miles. You guys need to let your ex wife kick you in the junk to get that temper at the right level and go back to Ford..... :D :D

cheech
02-07-2004, 07:53 AM
ford does not recomend the helicoil fix,under ford warranty they will replace the head. if you put a blower or turbo on these motors i believe you will have all 10 hanging by wires. ford i mean the factory, the heli-coil is cheaper fix.and if you take it to a hotrod machine shop they could fix it with out a problem.

Wild Horses
02-07-2004, 11:07 AM
I installed a Whipple supercharger on my buddys 99 F350 with the triton V-10, it was the first one on a 99 so I had a little bit of fabrication to do not much. He wanted more power because it fell flat on its face when pulling 12000 lb fifth wheel. It now runs like a raped ape and he has had no problems with it what so ever. Down side was I had to install a after market fuel tank to replace the stocker (needs a lot of gas).:p:
Clint

Tommy1005
02-21-2004, 10:05 AM
The whipple is an excellent mod, it will make that motor an absolute torque monster. Check out www.got-pressure.com and somewhere in the forums there are two guys with the V-10/Whipple combo. If it comes time to do some work to it, let me know, and I'll be happy to give you some quotes on parts for it.
Tommy

Hustler
02-26-2004, 09:24 AM
Has anyone used one of the programmers for the V10? If so was it worth the 400+ dollars?

77charger
02-26-2004, 04:19 PM
Joe check on ford-trucks.com for info on that stuff alot of info there.I know for the chevys everyone talks about the westers programmer.but that is chevys :D

Kilrtoy
03-01-2004, 03:36 AM
8.1L Vortec would be a good modification
So is The gay marriage idea ,
but i dont see anyone from these forums jumping to do that>>>>
http://www.knuckle-heads.com/smileys/smilie_finger1.gif

Tommy1005
03-03-2004, 11:19 AM
A good chip or a tuner would help out tremendously as well as headers to free up the exhaust even more. Pulleys and an intake will also help. I know you have a K&N, but with some of the intakes out there you will see a huge difference between just the filter and all new pipin. Ford's are extremely restrictive in the intake.