PDA

View Full Version : 4wd roll over.

HCS
01-06-2004, 10:23 PM
These clips are everywhere.
Here's how not to do it. (http://rock103.com/crew/vids/rollingsuv.wmv)
That's what you call a SUV.

mbrown2
01-06-2004, 10:30 PM
Wow...that seems like an expensive hobby....I am sure just getting that jeep to the point it could attempt that climb was not cheap

HCS
01-06-2004, 10:35 PM
Notice the guy directing. He points to the drivers left then re-nigs.

Kachina26
01-06-2004, 10:36 PM
That's half the fun of that sport, frankly I don't get it.

mbrown2
01-06-2004, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I noticed the second time viewing it....I wonder if he helps with the wreckage bill:D

KrazyKa
01-06-2004, 10:43 PM
Background:
A chick was driving. She had a bolt in roll cage. She came away with scratches, but the Jeep was totalled.
Ya never fully depend on your spotter. If you're not absolutely positive you stop, get out and look for yourself. :)

mbrown2
01-06-2004, 10:49 PM
A good buddy of mine at the river is a jeep runs along with some other friends of ours....if he don't break something on the jeep by the end of the day, he don't seem happy......Seems like it is a fun sport...

MagicMtnDan
01-06-2004, 11:32 PM
Clearly the spotter did a horrible job. Bad directions, didn't tell the driver to stop so the spotter could look more closely at the terrain or talk to the driver. No instructions in regard to speed - didn't stop the driver as soon as it was apparent that things weren't going well.
If a person isn't experienced or capable of reading terrain and providing competent instructions, the driver is better off doing his/her best at reading the terrain from inside the cab. At least then if something goes badly, the driver can blame him/herself.
By the way, the Jeep may have been "totalled" by the insurance company but there's plenty of life left in that thing.

MagicMtnDan
01-06-2004, 11:34 PM
And the driver was going too fast but again, that's partly the spotter's fault.

ACCEPTENCE
01-07-2004, 08:54 AM
First I read the posts then I decide to watch the video,
Now I think... aint that a bitch.
For me, I would never do anything so dangerous;) I would be ascared!!!

Sleek-Jet
01-07-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by mbrown2
A good buddy of mine at the river is a jeep runs along with some other friends of ours....if he don't break something on the jeep by the end of the day, he don't seem happy......Seems like it is a fun sport...
Used to do a little of this, it sucked when shit got broke or rolled over, for me anyways. But there is a strange MacGyver sect within the off-roading community that loves to break and fix shit out on the trail.
Oh yeay, it's that first scratch that hurts the worst. Now you have a beater, and beaters are neater. :D

Mrs. Restless22
01-07-2004, 09:28 AM
The hubby and I have a Jeep and go 4wheelin often. We belong to a club of wheelers, and have a blast doing it.
Its no fun to break/fix shit on the trail, even worse if you dont have the parts you need.
Yah, you roll over, but as long as you have someone to put you upright again..its all good! We are really safe, always wear our seatbelts, our Jeeps got a roll cage, so if we do roll, we arent getting hurt, just the Jeep.
:D
You drink beers and meet people on the trail, just like at the lake. Its a blast!

Keithb87
01-07-2004, 10:46 AM
I used to do a lot of off roading.. But it got too expensive... now I'm into Boats (like that's any cheaper) :D
Like many have said..... Should of got out and looked for thier self. :eek: