PDA

View Full Version : Hallet loses their truck.....

Cole
03-26-2006, 08:08 AM
in lake Elsinore!!! :cry:
The team from Hallet was doing a demo for a client with a beautiful 33.5 V bottom with a matching "Mack" Type truck; the graphics on the truck even matched the boat...
I was on the dock as they backed the boat in, I did my part and held the boat as the driver of the truck got out, locked the doors and jumped into the boat for the demo, as they started to head out ....I notice the truck start to slip very slowly down the ramp...I think to myself this thing is WAY to big to slip on the ramp.....but it does, and its picking up speed:cry: :cry:
I grab the side view mirror and do anything I can to keep it from going in...but it drags me along the dock( like I am going to stop a rig like this and a 33' foot trailer from going in) I notice the front wheels are turning and thought they forgot to apply the air brake....by now its picked up too much speed and their is NOTHING I can do...I yell at the guys from Hallet, but by now its to late and the truck is about 30 yards out in the lake completely submerged, the only thing showing is the air horn on the roof!!!
I cannot describe the helpless feeling...The guys from Hallet are "STUNNED" as we all are!!
The good news is Hallet called in a wrecker and had it pulled out within an hour.
Despite all this... they still took the guy out for a demo!!

buzzaro
03-26-2006, 08:25 AM
in lake Elsinore!!! :cry:
The team from Hallet was doing a demo for a client with a beautiful 33.5 V bottom with a matching "Mack" Type truck; the graphics on the truck even matched the boat...
I was on the dock as they backed the boat in, I did my part and held the boat as the driver of the truck got out, locked the doors and jumped into the boat for the demo, as they started to head out ....I notice the truck start to slip very slowly down the ramp...I think to myself this thing is WAY to big to slip on the ramp.....but it does, and its picking up speed:cry: :cry:
I grab the side view mirror and do anything I can to keep it from going in...but it drags me along the dock( like I am going to stop a rig like this and a 33' foot trailer from going in) I notice the front wheels are turning and thought they forgot to apply the air brake....by now its picked up too much speed and their is NOTHING I can do...I yell at the guys from Hallet, but by now its to late and the truck is about 30 yards out in the lake completely submerged, the only thing showing is the air horn on the roof!!!
I cannot describe the helpless feeling...The guys from Hallet are "STUNNED" as we all are!!
The good news is Hallet called in a wrecker and had it pulled out within an hour.
Despite all this... they still took the guy out for a demo!!
Thats the kind of customer service I look for :rollside:

JetBoatRich
03-26-2006, 08:28 AM
Guess they played it off like no big deal to the customer :rolleyes: but someone screwed up :rollside:

Never Satisfied
03-26-2006, 08:38 AM
ooops!

Cole
03-26-2006, 08:40 AM
Guess they played it off like no big deal to the customer :rolleyes: but someone screwed up :rollside:
No one screwed up.....come to find out the air brakes DO NOT engage the front brakes...just the rear.
The Hallet guys remained very cool...and still sold a boat!!
Customer service at its best!!!!!! :D
I think Lake elsinore marina needs to address the ramp issue!! :crossx:

BRAWNY
03-26-2006, 08:45 AM
I think Lake elsinore marina needs to address the ramp issue!!
nobody else gets to leave their sh*t parked on the ramp. :rollside:

burtandnancy
03-26-2006, 09:05 AM
A group of us have lunch every Mon/Wed. Can you imagine the stuff we're going to give Nick tomarrow. I can't wait. By the way, that was Halletts newer Peterbuilt, he sold the FL70 to one of his customers...

little rowe boat
03-26-2006, 09:13 AM
pics would have been nice.

JetBoatRich
03-26-2006, 09:41 AM
pics would have been nice.
Nice for who :rolleyes:
I agree where are the pictures :cool:

spectras only
03-26-2006, 10:41 AM
A group of us have lunch every Mon/Wed. Can you imagine the stuff we're going to give Nick tomarrow.
Burt , here's a short video we took yesterday of the 1972 Spectra V-drive with the original LS-6 just rebuilt. In case Bud will be at your lunch meeting ,say hi from a spectra nut :)
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/spectra%20running.AVI
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/spectra%2024.6

little rowe boat
03-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Nice for who :rolleyes:
I agree where are the pictures :cool:
Me, and everyone. :rolleyes:

H20Advantage
03-26-2006, 11:40 AM
The Hallet guys remained very cool...and still sold a boat!!:
Did they add in the cost of the truck in the small print at the bottom of the contract?? :p :p

burtandnancy
03-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Spectra's, no Bud won't be there but thanks for the reminder, I'll call him right now. Do you remember Paul Briggs from the Burbank area?

dirty old man
03-27-2006, 10:02 AM
wonder who's head will roll

a catered life
03-27-2006, 10:17 AM
one of the first things i learned in boating was to not leave my rig on the ramp unattended and dont drink cheap vodka... :p .........

LAFD
03-27-2006, 10:17 AM
this thread is worthless with out pictures. glad no one got hurt...

Magic34
03-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Was it the Peterbuilt crew cab?

Cole
03-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Was it the Peterbuilt crew cab?
Yes, it is white with graphics on the side

dmontzsta
03-27-2006, 05:22 PM
The dude at the marina was giving us a safety run down.
"Make sure you have a driver in the tow vehicle at all times, we had a big rid slip in yesterday, the only thing hanging out was the stacks"

River918
03-27-2006, 07:09 PM
No one screwed up.....come to find out the air brakes DO NOT engage the front brakes...just the rear.
The Hallet guys remained very cool...
Customer service at its best!!!!!! :D
That's what I miss from dealing with them...As a Hallet owner, they always had my back....I miss dealing with Chris and Jerry. Maybe again someday