PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Chopper @ Wal-Mart

BoatFloating
01-07-2004, 03:28 PM
You gotta be kidding me. I'm walking thru a Wal-Mart and I see long sleeve T-shirts with West Coast Chopper designs on them selling for $19.96. The brand is called "Jesse Who". Some how Wal-Mart and West Coast Choppers don't mix. What's next?

Sleek-Jet
01-07-2004, 03:29 PM
You can get Orange County Chopper stuff at Dillards now.
Yep, Dillards. :(

Havasu_Dreamin
01-07-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
You can get Orange County Chopper stuff at Dillards now.
Yep, Dillards. :(
That's interesting as I was surfing the OCC website last night and they flat out said you won't find their stuff in any department store. Guess they were wrong.

totenhosen
01-07-2004, 03:37 PM
Wose yet is a saw a guy with a West Coast Chicano (in place of Choppers) sticker on his car

Sleek-Jet
01-07-2004, 03:38 PM
Was in Dillard right before Christmas, and they had a entire display of T-shirts, hats, ect... all with OCC on 'em.
Maybe they mean Department Store = Wal-Mart/Target/K-Mart .
Dillards would be a... ehem... High End Retailer.

BoatFloating
01-07-2004, 03:41 PM
I don't know but it all sounds like sellout. Some how a high end chopper company selling shirts at Wal-Mart and Dillards just doesn't make sense. To me it taints the coolnest of owning the shirt or the bike. Your thoughts:confused: :confused:

JetBoatRich
01-07-2004, 03:46 PM
J.C. Pennys has all that stuff, including Orange County Chopper:) made XMAS easier

beached 1
01-07-2004, 03:46 PM
I wouldn't wear the shirt unless I owned a West Coast Chopper.
That said, I would be bummed if I did and posers could now get them at walmart, on sale of course..
:(

Sleek-Jet
01-07-2004, 03:56 PM
My guess would be that Discovery Channel has licensed the logos and that's what you're getting in the stores.
But it does take the "coolness" factor out of it somewhat.

Kilrtoy
01-07-2004, 04:15 PM
Smart marketing,
It puts money in the bank

superdave013
01-07-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
My guess would be that Discovery Channel has licensed the logos and that's what you're getting in the stores.
But it does take the "coolness" factor out of it somewhat.
The coolness factor has been gone for some time now if you ask me. Everytime I turn around I see a WCC shirt or sticker.
Get a Clay Smith Cams shirt. It will be a cold day in hell before they are sell outs!

DEEZ NUTTS
01-07-2004, 04:31 PM
I will never buy a WCC or OCC bike or shirt just for that reason. Ask the next guy you see if he has ever even ridden a motorcycle!!
"To be perfectly honest with you, the fab work on this bike has taken longer than we thought"
OCC kills me with this. If I had the extra $ right now I too would buy pieces and farm out 98% of the work. Then I would be the hero bike builder, just like on tv.

mbrown2
01-07-2004, 04:38 PM
Unless you are riding a WCC, Ness, or some other top brand custom, I think the days are numbered for the mass marketed custom choppers...just seems that they do not hold their value as well as Harley from what I see in the Trader....Also, trying to get replacement insurance, book their value and have someone get financing on a 2nd or 3rd tier custom is also getting more difficult from folks I talked to...

Kilrtoy
01-07-2004, 04:46 PM
MBROWN2,
I agree with you harleys do hold their value better for whatever reason.
AND
yes the customs due cost alot more.
S& S has been around for while and the parts for that will be there also.
Insurance is through the roof on customs.
I got qoutes for as high as 16,000 for one year......

roostwear
01-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Or hell, get a t-shirt with the vintage logo of THE BOAT YOU OWN! (http://www.roostwear.com/shirt.htm) :D

wsuwrhr
01-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by roostwear
Or hell, get a t-shirt with the vintage logo of THE BOAT YOU OWN! (http://www.roostwear.com/shirt.htm) :D
Roostwear, I'll take two larges of "Anthony Boats", a few stickers, and do you have any hitchcovers for the Anthony?
Brian

randy77zt
01-07-2004, 08:58 PM
i wouldnt be surprised if occ & wcc made more money off of markiting deals from t shirts than they make from building bikes.some steady income between bike sales.

roostwear
01-07-2004, 09:01 PM
Nope, no Antny boats (don't they make pools?) If you have the $$$$, I'll sell the hitch cover :D

wsuwrhr
01-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by roostwear
Nope, no Antny boats (don't they make pools?) If you have the $$$$, I'll sell the hitch cover :D
Damn, I can't tell if you were making fun of my boat or not.
Hitch cover sounds good, let me know when it is available.
Brian

ratso
01-07-2004, 09:14 PM
My last two bikes were custom built, I had a bike shop so I could afford to buy every single part new and build them from the ground up. My next will be a chopper. Not to ruffle any feathers, but I won't buy a Harley, I'll go S&S and everything aftermarket. It pisses me off when you go in to buy a Harley and they tell you that you can really make it run if you spend a bunch of extra cash and buy all this Screaming Eagle crap for it...no thanks. Sure they hold their value and it's fine for people that want to "blend in" with the rest of the crowd.:D

Jordy
01-07-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by randy77zt
i wouldnt be surprised if occ & wcc made more money off of markiting deals from t shirts than they make from building bikes.some steady income between bike sales.
I did hear something early on when Jesse and WCC got big on Discovery with the bike building and subsequently Monster Garage that he was pulling in mid 6 figures a month just on shirts, stickers and the other garb.

ratso
01-07-2004, 09:20 PM
Lotta wannabes out there buying shirts I'm sure.

Jordy
01-07-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by ratso
Lotta wannabes out there buying shirts I'm sure.
And it always seems to be the rattiest looking cars and trucks that have the great big WCC stickers on them... :D

Havasu Hangin'
01-07-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
I did hear something early on when Jesse and WCC got big on Discovery with the bike building and subsequently Monster Garage that he was pulling in mid 6 figures a month just on shirts, stickers and the other garb.
Wasn't there a guy on here pictured with a WCC beanie on?

ratso
01-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Heck Jordan, they are probably the ones with the nice bikes and can't afford the nice truck too...:D

Dr. Eagle
01-07-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
That's interesting as I was surfing the OCC website last night and they flat out said you won't find their stuff in any department store. Guess they were wrong.
I think that they say "you won't get THESE" in a department store. And what I have seen is different design and quality than what is on their website.

Doug H.
01-07-2004, 10:12 PM
This is funny, as i sit here writing this post im wearing a wal-mart WCC shirt, i couldn't believe they were even being sold there.
i did happen to notice the iron cross on the front is a little off center and tilting, so that leads me to believe that we are buying the rejects ? ..........just a thought ? but i love wearing it :D :D

mbrown2
01-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by
MBROWN2,
I agree with you harleys do hold their value better for whatever reason.
AND
yes the customs due cost alot more.
S& S has been around for while and the parts for that will be there also.
Insurance is through the roof on customs.
I got qoutes for as high as 16,000 for one year......
I was responding earlier until this site went down...damn it!
Kilr, are you serious with the quote....and I thought owning a cat was expensive...
I agree S&S has been around and will be around for long time....I was just thinking after looking at the influx of all these custom builders there is going to be a consolidation or collapse of some of most them...the only one that would remain would be as follows:
1. High End very exclusive, nationally and globally known builders.
2. Builders that put out a good product for reasonable price, that have good marketing and a strong dealer network...
Your chopper co. seems to have a good dealer base, and from the chopper sites I have visited, I have not heard negative feedback about the bikes...so if they continue to put out a good product, I would see them surviving...
Now these bikes builders I see on every other page of the trader and bike magazines...I wonder about their future...