PDA

View Full Version : The Bitch Lied AND She Has A Criminal Record

MagicMtnDan
01-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Woman recants tale of lost lottery ticket
CLEVELAND -- A woman admitted through tears Thursday that she lied about losing the winning ticket for a $162 million lottery prize, saying: ``I wanted to win so badly for my kids and my family.''
Elecia Battle, 40, is dropping her lawsuit to block payment of the 11-state Mega Millions jackpot to the certified winner, her lawyer Sheldon Starke said.
``I wanted to win,'' Battle said. ``The numbers were so overwhelming. I did buy a ticket and I lost it. I wanted to win so bad for my kids and my family. I apologize.''
The Cleveland woman had filed a police report saying she lost the ticket, possibly when she dropped her purse outside a convenience store. The lottery dismissed the claim and declared Rebecca Jemison, 34, the winner on Tuesday.
Police Lt. Kevin Nietert said Thursday he expected Battle to be charged with filing a false police report, a misdemeanor punishable by 30 days to six months in jail.
Elecia Battle now says she never bought the winning ticket.Mark DuncanAssociated PressBattle apologized to her husband, her lawyer and Jemison, saying she wanted to use the money to help her family and recently laid-off Cleveland police officers.
``I'm not a bad person, I'm really not,'' she said. ``Everyone has a past.''
Lottery officials said they knew the truth all along.
``The Ohio Lottery from the beginning had all the confidence in the world that Rebecca Jemison had the winning ticket and purchased the winning ticket,'' spokeswoman Mardele Cohen said.
Jemison had provided another lottery ticket purchased at the same time and location and had a lottery ticket that showed she had played the same numbers in the prior drawing, the lottery said.
Battle's police report said the ticket numbers were related to her family, and police initially said she had a credible story because she knew details such as the approximate time the winning ticket was bought.
Police and court records show Battle has a criminal history.
While working at a Richmond Heights pharmacy in 1999, Battle used a customer's credit card number to make purchases, police said. She paid a $450 fine for misuse of a credit card, and a 10-day jail sentence was suspended.
Battle was convicted in 2000 in Cleveland Heights of assault for grabbing a drug store clerk's hair and scratching her, according to police records. Battle got a six-month suspended sentence.
She was convicted of criminal trespassing in 2002 and paid restitution of about $1,250, according to South Euclid court records. Fines were suspended because she was indigent.
Jemison, a hospital telephone operator who lives in suburban South Euclid, qualified for a lump-sum payment of $67.2 million, after taxes.

JetBoatRich
01-08-2004, 04:08 PM
Bitch:o I read the story, I guess she gave it a try:yuk:

Sleek-Jet
01-08-2004, 04:11 PM
Elecia Battle now says she never bought the winning ticket. Battle apologized to her husband, her lawyer and Jemison, saying she wanted to use the money to help her family and recently laid-off Cleveland police officers
I like the part about helping Cleveland police officers.
Nice try. :D

topless
01-08-2004, 04:18 PM
I like that part too. I guess since she is a regular she feels socially obligated. Yea Right! Can we say STUPID?

Caribbean Jet
01-08-2004, 04:26 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Caribbean Jet
How will she prove that is her ticket, she is just stupid.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People don't generally lie about htis kind of stuff. It's an honor system.
Mirv

ratso
01-08-2004, 07:10 PM
What was the name of the degenerate cock-sucking attorney who took the case in the first place? They should lock HIM up too.

HighRoller
01-08-2004, 07:41 PM
She didn't really buy the winning ticket? Gee, what a surprise! I guess that's the mentality these days. Get rich quick instead of working. She should definitely be locked up for the maximum amount of time and be forced to pay restitution for all the time wasted by police and other people investigating her claim. Last time she didn't have to pay because she was indigent but she sure as hell has money to buy lottery tickets!! I guarantee if that stupid bitch got handed the 67 million today she'd be broke again in less than ten years!

JetBoatRich
01-08-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by ratso
What was the name of the degenerate cock-sucking attorney who took the case in the first place? They should lock HIM up too.
LMAO, that's the truth:mad:

mirvin
01-08-2004, 09:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Caribbean Jet
[B]quote:
Mirv
;)

Kachina26
01-08-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
``I'm not a bad person, I'm really not,'' she said. ``Everyone has a past.''
She's not a bad person, she's just freaking psycho! I knew it from the day the story first came out!

wsuwrhr
01-08-2004, 11:09 PM
She was on a radio station this morning on the way to work. I couldn't tell if they were sympathsizing or ****ing with her. Either way she sounded like a fool. From the way she was talking I thought she was full of shit too. Her system of picking the numbers was the stupidest story I have ever heard.
Brian

HCS
01-08-2004, 11:10 PM
Iv'e dated a few.:eek:
There's always something wrong with them.
It might take a couple weeks, but you'll find the lose screw!
They all have one.:D

OLDRAT
01-09-2004, 06:11 AM
Either way, the douche-bag pig comes out ahead.....she got her
fifteen minutes of fame and wasted a lot of peeps time.
If the weave wearin' bitch needs money, Mickey D's is hiring.
An excellent candidate a drive-by..............click, click, boom

MagicMtnDan
01-09-2004, 07:07 AM
I saw her on TV last night and they showed a soundbite of her whining and crying about how she "only just wanted the money." No $hit beotch - EVERYONE wants MILLIONS OF DOLLARS for nothing. It's just that 99% of people won't file a false police report and lie their a$$es off on TV about it and get a lawyer to fight for what wasn't yours.
Question for ya: which came first, the lying beotch or the scumbag attorney :D Funny thing is alone they are both POS but together they are criminal

Caribbean Jet
01-09-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by mirvin
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Caribbean Jet
[B]quote:
Mirv
;)
I think a lot like you do Mirvin, I always look for the best in people, but the older I get the more I think that this is not always right. Not all people but there are a lot of people that will lie cheat and steal to get a head. My ex got her MBA and while doing this she had to take a business ethics class. In this class the teacher had used the same test for several years but decided to change it the year that she was in this class. 75% of the class straight out failed. Didn't even read the questions. My ex was one of the smart ones and actually studied. Remember this was a business ethics class, what a joke.
I still try to look for the best in people but its hard sometimes.

mirvin
01-09-2004, 09:44 AM
Hey CJ, It's good to know there's still folks with the "PMA" out there. (Positive Mental Attitude)
I was joking though, you know, about the honor system and all that. I should try to be a little more clear;)
I thought my comment was so absurd that no one would think I was serious.
Sorry:D

Caribbean Jet
01-09-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by mirvin
Hey CJ, It's good to know there's still folks with the "PMA" out there. (Positive Mental Attitude)
I was joking though, you know, about the honor system and all that. I should try to be a little more clear;)
I thought my comment was so absurd that no one would think I was serious.
Sorry:D
See how good hearted I am. LOL. I'm normally full of S@#T to.