PDA

View Full Version : question about air bags

Greaser
01-08-2004, 06:18 PM
I have been thinking about bagging my truck. I have an 89 chevy ext. cab. Its lowered 4/6, with 20" already. Any way, I was talking to this guy, and he told me that he would bag my truck, and my boat trailer, for $3500. I thought that sounded really cheap. Ive seen some of the other trucks he's done, and they look pretty good, but I hav'nt seen a trailer that he has done. He claims that he has done 2 other trailers. They werent boat trailers, they were car haulers. My boat trailer is a single axle, if that matters.
My question is, is this a good price, or is this guy full of sh!t?
I forgot to mention that he was going to custom build a 2 link on the truck, and the trailer. And the truck would lay frame.

riverbound
01-08-2004, 10:22 PM
What kind of setup is he doing? what valves, which bags, how many compressors or is he setting you up on compressed gas. Without knowing any of these it woulld be hard to know if you are getting a good price. also what shop is doing the work?

Greaser
01-09-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by riverbound
What kind of setup is he doing? what valves, which bags, how many compressors or is he setting you up on compressed gas. Without knowing any of these it woulld be hard to know if you are getting a good price. also what shop is doing the work?
I think he said he was going to use Parker valves, and eai bags. He said he would use 3 ,5 gallon tanks, 2 for the truck, and one for the trailer. I dont remember what brand compressors he said, but it would be 2 "bigger" ones for the truck, and a small one for the trailer (since it wouldnt be used as much).
He does all the work at his house, he doesnt have is own shop. This is a hobbie of his. His day job is a P.E. teacher. I have known this guy, for a long time. We used to be in the same truck club together, when we were in high school.

fourspeednup
01-19-2004, 10:23 PM
That price sounds fine. He probably has a hookup on the components and doesn't have the expenses that come with a shop. I've bagged 2 vehicles in my garage (both were friends so no money over cost of parts and a keg of Newcastle) between $2000 and $2500 each. Those were for good systems with 2 tanks, big compressors, lines, and valves.
Sounds like you know the guy well, that's real good in case there's a prob down the road ;)

Greaser
01-21-2004, 10:46 AM
Thanks for ypur input. I talked to the guy earlier this week to set a date. He told me it would be at least a month. He just started a job. Bagging, and body dropping a 96 suburban.