PDA

View Full Version : Levis

unleashed
01-08-2004, 06:47 PM
This is a true shame. I thought this company was as American as you can get. How wrong I am!
Levis closes last plants in US (http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Southwest/01/08/levi.s.closing.ap/index.html)
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

clownpuncher
01-08-2004, 06:49 PM
that sucks hard:(

NorCal Gameshow
01-08-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by clownpuncher
that sucks hard:(
true Dat....
what is made in the u.s. ????
i'll bet the list of what's not made in the states is longer than what is made in the states...:(
yeah, i'm as guilty as the rest ...

clownpuncher
01-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
true Dat....
what is made in the u.s. ????
i'll bet the list of what's not made in the states is longer than what is made in the states...:(
When my American beer starts being made in a foreign country is gonna be the end. Seems that's all that's left.

Mrs Sandbar Junkie
01-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Damn!!! I just bought some Type 1's. :(

78Eliminator
01-08-2004, 07:37 PM
There is a cool brand of jeans that is 100% American. They are called "Junko". Cool shit, if you ask me.

clownpuncher
01-08-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by 78Eliminator
There is a cool brand of jeans that is 100% American. They are called "Junko". Cool shit, if you ask me.
Junko, Good stuff
Do you think Wranglers will ever go to the dark side? God I hope not

honkey1
01-08-2004, 08:01 PM
Wrangler has gone to the dark side.. They just closed to plants in Oklahoma..
You notice that once you started seeing both these brands in WAL MART they started going out of the country for labor.

clownpuncher
01-08-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by honkey1
Wrangler has gone to the dark side.. They just closed to plants in Oklahoma..
I just don't get it:(
I understand very well that American labor (Wages, benefits, insurance, taxes etc.) costs more than anywhere else in the world, but I'd gladly pay a few more bucks per pair of jeans to know that they're made in America. ESPECIALLY my Wranglers and Levis.

BoatFloating
01-08-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by clownpuncher
I just don't get it:(
I understand very well that American labor (Wages, benefits, insurance, taxes etc.) costs more than anywhere else in the world, but I'd gladly pay a few more bucks per pair of jeans to know that they're made in America. ESPECIALLY my Wranglers and Levis.
People like you are few and far between, that's the problem.

Mandelon
01-08-2004, 08:49 PM
Labor in China is 90 cents a day. No benefits, no pension, no insurance. Who can compete with that? WalMart, Costco etc have cost the US millions of jobs in the quest for lower prices for consumers. Sure we get cheap stuff, but we pay for it in jobs. :(
I like $20.00 pants, but it does suck that the competition is so tuff.

01-08-2004, 09:32 PM
honkey is right, blame it on ****ing WalMart!
Here's some interesting reading about how & why it happened:
The Wal Mart You Don't Know (http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/77/walmart.html)
One more reason to hate these assholes.
The Levi's info is toward the end of the article.

mirvin
01-08-2004, 09:45 PM
It's not wallmarts fault. It's the people going there. It's a choice, no? When you shop there to save a buck or some time you support it.
By "you" I don't mean you;)

mbrown2
01-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Unfortunately, this is not a new trend....it was electronics first, then manufacturing, now it is textiles and clothes, and it is starting to really get a foothold in the technology field...
US and other global companies will continue to expand or shift developement and customer service jobs oversees where educated folks are plenty and wages are cheap and they are doing it remain competitive and increase their earnings per share...
I don't have the answer since this a free market economy, but I don't think the loss of American jobs is good thing....its dreadful..