PDA

View Full Version : I need your advise....

Chase
01-09-2004, 11:24 AM
I am thinking about getting some striping done on my truck and I need some opinions as to whether I should do it or not. I was thinking like a silver stripe down the entire length of the truck, then about 4 feet from the back start widening it out and having a bit of orange and black below the silver ..ending at the back...I don't know if anybody know what I mean, but I need some input....
I am not one for big graphics, so I am looking for something relatively simple, just to blend the truck to the boat.....:confused:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/332everything_is_ready.JPG

Tom Brown
01-09-2004, 11:25 AM
I would just have the tongue on the boat trailer extended about 6 feet and then not worry about it.

mirvin
01-09-2004, 11:28 AM
Hey Chase, I don't know, that kinda stuff just seems like a sort of a waste of time and or $ to me. Just another thing to worry about. If you were getting body work done or repainting the truck or something like that it might make sense.
Just My Opinion:D

mbrown2
01-09-2004, 11:31 AM
I would not do it....your truck is far more used when not towing...so during those times people will wondering why the orange stripe...just my .02.. if you do do it, make sure it is vinyl so you can get rid of it..
Now if you are a big baller and only drive your truck while towing, go do it, and make sure it flows and matches perfectly...
I am not a big baller...only play with marbles..:D

Tom Brown
01-09-2004, 11:32 AM
I think it would make more sense if the truck was white.

Waldo
01-09-2004, 11:37 AM
and a Ford:D :D :D

life's a river
01-09-2004, 11:58 AM
Forget about a Ford. Keep the Chevy and leave the paint as is. If you ever want to sell, it will sell much faster with an original paint job.

Chase
01-09-2004, 01:25 PM
OK. Case closed. I am not going to stripe the truck at all. I think it is pretty clean the way it is. I am thinking that without the boat behind it, everyone would say, "what's with the orange??".
White would definitly make it work better.
If it was a ford I would be ashamed to post a picture of it on here.
I can take the $$ and put it to a superchip programmer.....or beer..
Thanks to all

mirvin
01-09-2004, 01:28 PM
There you go Chase:D The new K&N intake is pretty sweet too. I just put one on my '95. You can feel the difference;)

JetBoatRich
01-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
I would just have the tongue on the boat trailer extended about 6 feet and then not worry about it.
LOL, good one.

Chase
01-09-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
There you go Chase:D The new K&N intake is pretty sweet too. I just put one on my '95. You can feel the difference;)
Got it......