PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Launch ramps (windsor)

wildbillg
01-09-2004, 11:28 AM
Thought you guys might want to see what the water level is at one of the launch ramps, these are some pics I took on wendsday.
You can see the docks on the north side of the ramp are not floating any more, and the fish habitat that is supposed to be under water on the south ramp is all exposed and that ramp is totaly closed, only two are open on the north side. Talkin to one of the rangers he said they are not going to be starting to raise the level until the 31st.
I saw the thread of the person thinking about going from Laughlin to havasu.................. FORGET IT! ! !
]launch ramp pics (http://community.webshots.com/album/110110934QYPGzK)

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-09-2004, 11:29 AM
:confused:

BOBALOO
01-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Hey Bill I could not open your link but would like to see what the water level looks like. I cant imagine that only being down 2 feet would make that much difference. Does anyone have pix of the channel or other spots?

TrojanDan
01-09-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by BOBALOO
Does anyone have pix of the channel or other spots?
Go to the RRX forum. There was pictures of the channel and bridge posted there today. :cool:
Trojan "pimping RRX.com" Dan

wildbillg
01-09-2004, 11:51 AM
Ok it should work now

RiverRatMike
01-09-2004, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the photos HHS, wow that's lower than I thought it was. How much does it cost to get into Windsor right now? I'd like to head over there and take some photos for myself....

wildbillg
01-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Just go over to Burger King and get a burger and fries, tell them you are just going to eat your lunch and look at the water level. they might let you in, works for me, but they know me there.
I was going to try to get in the marina and take some pics there, but had a little thing come up and Im not going to out of the house for a few days, thats why these are on the net now. Dr says i should stay home for a few days, sucks right now to be me.
Some pics of the chanell would be good thou.

BOBALOO
01-09-2004, 12:01 PM
Jeez thats low.I could probably only launch a RC boat there. PS Bill, we still laugh when we think about j-rod almost falling into the chiminea. I think you slipped him a ruffies with the worm:D

BOBALOO
01-09-2004, 12:04 PM
I'm in the same boat too. Had plans to go to Rosarito today but hurt my back 2 days ago. I hope they all have fun without me.

Mr.Havasu
01-09-2004, 12:11 PM
I'll take some from different locations around the lake and post them this week end.

BOBALOO
01-09-2004, 12:22 PM
Thanks John (right) I'm pretty sure that is your name. I met you and crawled all over your beautiful boat last summer at the sandbar. Also met alot of other people that week from the boards.
Happy New Year!

svlperry
01-09-2004, 12:24 PM
warlock25 please do that i was thinking of coming downthe weekend of the 17th,18th to do some boating. wanted to see if it's even worth towing the boat down

Ziggy
01-09-2004, 01:14 PM
I'm leaving for out there in the next hour--hope to get on the water...we'll see I guess. If I get out I'll take some pics.

burtandnancy
01-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Yeah, but they can bring Havasu and Mohave back up in a hurry, not so at Mead or Powell. I'd bet that the condition at Havasu is very temporary. What scares me is the water to refill the two lower lakes has to come from our lake: Mead...