PDA

View Full Version : Whopper....?

Jbb
01-09-2004, 12:28 PM
Burger King customers told: 'You are too fat to have a Whopper'
Police believe teenage pranksters are hacking into the wireless frequency of a US Burger King drive-through speaker to tell potential customers they are too fat for fast food.
Policeman Gerry Scherlink said the pranksters told one customer who had just placed an order: "You don't need a couple of Whoppers. You are too fat. Pull ahead."
The offenders are reportedly tapping into the wireless frequency at the restaurant in Troy, Michigan. Police believe the culprits are watching and broadcasting from close range.
Officer Scherlinck said the men are telling customers who order a Coca-Cola that, "We don't have Coke." And when the customer asks what they do have, the hacker would say: "We don't have anything. Pull ahead."
But what has managers concerned is the profanity the hackers are using, according to police.
A drive-through customer has told police if he had children with him in the car and someone used profanity, he would have been upset.
Burger King franchise owner Tony Versace issued the following statement in response to the incidents: "We apologise to our customers who've been insulted by the use of this drive-through speaker."
Management at the fast-food restaurant are reportedly trying to change the radio frequency used for the speakers.
Email This to a Friend

spectratoad
01-09-2004, 01:39 PM
See now that is my idea of a smart prankster. If kids want to cause trouble but really use their brain to do it, it makes it seem alot less harmless. But I would be pissed if it was done to me. :D

jlnorthrup122
01-09-2004, 05:12 PM
that shit is tooooo funny!! If it happened to me I would probly have ran over the speaker and menu sign. Then pull up to the drivethru and pull the drivethru worker in a painfull manner!:D I bet the culpritts used to work there and stole a head set to the drive thru!:D :D

RiverRatMike
01-09-2004, 05:32 PM
it's very easy to listen to any fast food joint. All you have to have is a police scanner. Most fast food joints transmit out their building to the ordering menu outside. I have listened lots of time cause I have a 12 volt police scanner in my truck. Just have to know the different frequencies. I believe most of them transmit around 35MHZ

quiet riot
01-09-2004, 08:31 PM
:D :D :D :D

Uplink
01-10-2004, 02:50 AM
This has been an easy prank by radio enthusiasts & technicians for years. Stolen gear isn't necessary. The frequencies pertinant settings are published in books or they can be easily scanned and found.

Wet Dream
01-10-2004, 06:41 AM
Back in the mid 80's Carls Jr was operating on a frequency that could be tapped into by CB radio. It was great, pulling up to the window and yelling at all of the employees. There was a loud speaker that the cooks and people in the back could here what was being ordered at the drive thru. :D

voodooCanoe
01-10-2004, 10:49 AM
Too funny:D
Sounds like the kids are doing that town some good. You all know you have been in line and thought the same thing, when you see some 200lb. lady order the double order of everything and the diet coke!