PDA

View Full Version : Predator Carbs

Wet Dream
01-11-2004, 07:46 AM
What is your opinion on these carbs? Anyone running these in a marine application?

HOSS
01-11-2004, 08:15 AM
I had a friend with them and I thought they were cool. It seemed to work well. You have to get the idle circuit with it though. He sold the car so I really don`t know about longevity. I think the biggest problem with why they do not have a large acceptance is the inability to modify it. Think about it. Hotrodders are about modifying. Joe public isn`t. Joe public replaces exactly what was there to begin with and rodders don`t like to stagnate rather keep going. The Predator falls in between. Not stock yet not much to modify.

Infomaniac
01-11-2004, 08:25 AM
I have used them. Great carbs. Need the idle circuit like Hoss mentioned.
The extended fuel bowl also if on a blower.

shirkey4750
01-11-2004, 08:40 AM
Ran them on a tunnel ram, on a BBC in a jet, and never could get them right. Sold tnem and bought two 600 Holleys and the motor came to life.

Infomaniac
01-11-2004, 09:18 AM
The predator works from the vacuum signal given to it from the engine. And varies the operating size accordingly.
Tunnel rams give a very poor signal to the carbs. Two of them on the tunnel ram probably made it worse.
Would have been better for you with a different intake.

Danhercules
01-11-2004, 06:14 PM
I had one on my Mazda rotary. It was a 79 RX-7. I liked it. After I ported the motor, I could still use the same carb. They flow somthin like 400 to 900 CFM if I remeber right. That sure was a long time ago.