PDA

View Full Version : Awww, isn't that cute?

HighRoller
01-11-2004, 05:50 PM
I'm so sick of ads with parents who can't control their kids and it's protrayed as being "adorable". Little susie won't shutup because her free minutes don't start until 9pm so we have to sit here and listen to her jabber while she braids our hair. WTF??? Why don't you put little susie's ass to work doing the dishes or her homework dumbass! And the solution is to get her a cell phone with free minutes all day!! Is this what our society has come to? I can't stand parents who forget THEY are in charge. Their damn kid keeps running in circles at the store and they just stand there begging him to stop. And my new favorite, the AT&T ad where we're supposed to be touched by the fact that a mom listened to her daughter's first piano recital... ON A F$%^NG CELL PHONE!!! How nice of her to interrupt her conference call to do that. No wonder kids are so rude and disrespectful these days. Thanks for letting me vent, now back to our regularly scheduled ***boat.

Dr. Eagle
01-11-2004, 05:58 PM
Talk about playing to the 80s/90s yuppie stereotype...GEEEZZZZEEEE!!!

wsuwrhr
01-11-2004, 06:22 PM
My Dad had a counting system. When he started counting, it was time to do whatever my parents were asking. I don't know when the counting system stopped, but I can tell you at two he was in motion. I figured it out real quick, at one I was doing whatever I was supposed to be doing. I don't miss that at all.
Brian

MagicMtnDan
01-11-2004, 07:33 PM
Problem is compounded because it's so effen non-PC to tell parents to get their kids under control in stores or even worse, restaurants! Unless it's a family restaurant, parents should NEVER bring kids to restaurants if the kids can't behave themselves.
Want to make a bad dining experience even worse? Ask the parents politely to get their kids under control (to stop running around, to stop yelling or thowing $hit, to stop talking on a cell phone, etc.). Want to take it to the next level (nearly nuclear)? Ask the kids to keep it down. Watch the parents "protect" their kids by launching a full broadside at you and your dining partners. Watch the useless father who couldn't be bothered to manage his children get in your face and challenge you to a fist-fight outside.
And forget about the restaurant manager or owner asking them to tone it down - that's NEVER going to happen!

Keith E. Sayre
01-11-2004, 07:54 PM
Noone wants to be responsible for their own actions anymore
and in this case their inaction. You guys are right, our generation of kids got out butts whooped regular and we knew
that dad wasn't joking. I can still hear that belt of his clearing the
belt loops on his pants ! Too Late!
My favorite is when you go to church or a funeral and the folks
sitting by you can't control their kids and it's getting out of hand
and finally dad slaps the kid on the back of the head. The look
of utter shock and disbelief says it all! The kid doesn't know what
to think because the smack on the head is foreign to him. He never gets that at home so he doesn't know how to react.
While I don't claim to have perfects kids--far from it! I do believe
that my kids know that I am not bluffing. I can remember smacking their little butts a couple times each in each of their
first 3 or 4 years and that was all they needed. Heck, if my dad
was here today and told me to do something, I'd probably still
do it!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

jlnorthrup122
01-11-2004, 07:59 PM
No wonder kids are so rude and disrespectful these days.
todays sociaty has come to this today it is very hard for a family to survive on only one parents salary! thus producing children that do dope steal and ect and ect!
my method is duct tape lots of duct tape!!!:D :D :D :D