PDA

View Full Version : Camp Far South

Sangerboy
01-11-2004, 07:01 PM
Some of us Ventura County boys had a little test and tune at Lake Casitas today
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/411back-med.jpg

Fired Up
01-11-2004, 07:03 PM
Sangerboy...where is the shot of the twinprop that was there with us???

Sangerboy
01-11-2004, 07:05 PM
Here's moneypitt on a smooth pass wringing that Olds for all it's worth
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/411Moneypitt.jpg

Sangerboy
01-11-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Fired Up
Sangerboy...where is the shot of the twinprop that was there with us???
It's comin Sam, I'm kinda slow at this:D

Sangerboy
01-11-2004, 07:09 PM
Here's e-ticket hangin some fin (and no oil leaks:D )
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/411E-ticket-med.jpg

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-11-2004, 07:29 PM
Looks like a good time!!! I bet Circle Jerk never had that Barron running that fast!!!!:) :) :)

1st Timer
01-11-2004, 07:58 PM
Must get the adrenalin going, brings back the good Ol' days. Good to see you OLD Farts having alittle fun!

e-ticket
01-11-2004, 07:58 PM
Really had a great time today! What a way to spend a nice winter day. It only reached 78 today. My pics turn out. Photographer had the wrong setting, all overexposed. Is the beginning of Ventura County V-drive Club?..:cool:
OH, I am the "oldest fart", but still having fun!

Sangerboy
01-11-2004, 08:16 PM
one guy from Norcal showed up with a twin screw job, said he ruled the water at a local lake near a place called Wheatland.......
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/411Lake_Ruler-med.jpg
That's Fired Up in the background

Sangerboy
01-11-2004, 08:20 PM
Sangerboy practicing his launches, he's determined to beat the Amphicar at CFW on Father's Day.............
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/411Sangerboy.jpg

Her454
01-11-2004, 08:23 PM
Looks like you guys had a good time! Im so jealous..Im tired of this weather .....:mad:

Sangerboy
01-11-2004, 08:27 PM
Everbody ran well ,nobody broke, incredibly beautiful day-hard to beat(Fired Up even brought snacks:D )
From left to right Moneypitt and Jim, Katelin and Sangerboy, e-ticket and Karen, Tony and Fired Up and the Norcal guy
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/411group-med.jpg

Moneypitt
01-11-2004, 08:28 PM
Yes, we all had a great, safe, and productive day of testing at beautiful lake casitas, here in Ventura county. We quit early,(1PM) cause it was getting a little too warm!!! Any one local to Ventura county,(Camp far South) is welcome to come and play with us. with backup boats, and even some tech help now and then if you need it. Rides are also available, if your feeling the need for some speed!! Ask Gary,(e ticket) what 25 cents worth of nickels can do to dial in some trim??.... Great day, bitchen boats, and as usual with v drives, wonderful people!!!!..Ray/Moneypit

Sangerboy
01-11-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Her454
Looks like you guys had a good time! Im so jealous..Im tired of this weather .....:mad:
We did comment and felt a little bad(but not much) for our weather challenged brethren across the state and country. Ironic that we had to leave because we all forgot our sunscreen......:rolleyes:

Fired Up
01-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Hey what do you know...there I am and no Lake Ranger in the photo to bust my "bolts".

Sangerboy
01-11-2004, 09:07 PM
BTW thanks to Katelin for taking the pics today, she let me know several times on the way home that she didn't get to ride in the boat today.......oops :(

Moneypitt
01-11-2004, 09:25 PM
Greg, I offered to take her out, with her video camera, when you went out with the ranger boat sitting just offf the docks. That way she could video you from the water. Except, you went out behind the island and she said she could zoom in from the end of the dock... But then with those bitchen runners and a fast flat, who would want to ride in my old hydro??...Just kidding, I'll take her any time she wants to go, but I also understand her desire to ride in a RED boat........Moneypitt

Dragboat Dad
01-11-2004, 09:30 PM
Looks like a great time. Let Speedin' Ian and I know next time you go. We actually had the boat out of the garage today to dust it off, a drive up to the lake would have done that. Your new boat looks great Greg. Tom

Fired Up
01-11-2004, 09:50 PM
Well lets hope this weather holds and they don't let any more water out of the Lake. Maybe next week will play out for us, better snacks, more variety in refreshments, rides for all, and more new friends to join us....and a better cooling system.

Hud
01-11-2004, 10:29 PM
Well you people really know how to hurt a guy! Glad to hear you all had a great day. Thanks for the photos. Got the new motor in the boat today & running! Sounds good. Ran it in & set the timing. Don't sound to bad for a little motor. Got all gased up & ready to go to CFW & found out that our new little puppy was missing. I guess when I started the boat, she hauled ass. We went nuts for about 3 hrs. looking for her. It was a bad deal, Cathy fell apart! Yes we did finally found her, by then it was to late to go to the lake. Rain tomorrow, so maybe Tues. Bring the Little Red bomb up to CFW for a flame job!!:D

BGMAN203
01-12-2004, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the intive guys!!!:mad: I even had my boat out too, it was even hooked up to the truck!! Glad you guys had fun, maybe next time:D

smalls
01-12-2004, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Hud
Well you people really know how to hurt a guy! Glad to hear you all had a great day. Thanks for the photos. Got the new motor in the boat today & running! Sounds good. Ran it in & set the timing. Don't sound to bad for a little motor. Got all gased up & ready to go to CFW & found out that our new little puppy was missing. I guess when I started the boat, she hauled ass. We went nuts for about 3 hrs. looking for her. It was a bad deal, Cathy fell apart! Yes we did finally found her, by then it was to late to go to the lake. Rain tomorrow, so maybe Tues. Bring the Little Red bomb up to CFW for a flame job!!:D
Hey HUUUDDD, Let me know when your going I'll meet ya out there:) :)

BILLY.B
01-12-2004, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by BGMAN203
Thanks for the intive guys!!!:mad: I even had my boat out too, it was even hooked up to the truck!! Glad you guys had fun, maybe next time:D Yeah what he said !!!.

Hud
01-12-2004, 06:40 AM
http://www.bomboncitomagazine.com/images/mes/bom_12_00.jpg Will do Smalls!

smalls
01-12-2004, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by BILLY.B
Yeah what he said !!!.
Mornin Sunshine! Make's me wanna move back to SoCal?
Okay maybe not,,,,LOL

Her454
01-12-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Hud
found out that our new little puppy was missing. I guess when I started the boat, she hauled ass.
That sucks! On NYD Zoomie headed under anything she could find when the boats starting firing...scared the hell out her but now shes used to it. Hi Kathy! Glad ya found the pup!
No Sunscreen? That was harsh Sangerboy...shame on you!;)
Hi Kaitllin!

01-12-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Sangerboy
Sangerboy practicing his launches, he's determined to beat the Amphicar at CFW on Father's Day.............
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/411Sangerboy.jpg I dunno, Greg, That Amphicar looks bad-ass.:D

Sangerboy
01-12-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by BGMAN203
Thanks for the intive guys!!!:mad:
Sorry guys, it kind of came together about 10:00 Sat Nite. It's an extension of our periodic Sunday morning IHOP conferences (which BTW we're willing to travel a little for if someone wants to call one at a location more central for people) I promise we'll do better next time:frown:

Her454
01-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Sorry guys, it kind of came together about 10:00 Sat Nite. It's an extension of our periodic Sunday morning IHOP conferences (which BTW we're willing to travel a little for if someone wants to call one at a location more central for people) I promise we'll do better next time:frown:
Just out of curiosity, where would be considered Central? That would be fun to have an outing.............

Sangerboy
01-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Her454
Just out of curiosity, where would be considered Central? That would be fun to have an outing.............
Well Traci, only being able to speak for myself (and sometimes having difficulty even with that:p ) For breakfast only I think I would limit my drive to about an hour at the most- definately limiting it to Socal. Now if, say, a location could be found to run the boat and make it a day I'd drive 3+ hrs or so for a day of V-drive bonding after breakfast:D :cool: . Let's let others weigh in here and see who has what to say. Start a new thread if needed,Greg

CrazyHippy
01-13-2004, 03:19 AM
I suppose EVERYONE stayed well below the 35MPH speedlimit:rolleyes:
Casitas is alot of fun. Went fishing up there w/ my dad one morning in our 1979 ranger Tri-hull, and since the fish werent biting, I went skiing:D
Great memories:cool:
BJH

Sangerboy
01-13-2004, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by CrazyHippy
I suppose EVERYONE stayed well below the 35MPH speedlimit:rolleyes:
Casitas is alot of fun. Went fishing up there w/ my dad one morning in our 1979 ranger Tri-hull, and since the fish werent biting, I went skiing:D
Great memories:cool:
BJH
Crazy, you may be thinking about Castaic Lake another nearby body of water in LA county. I have skied there also, as long as I've been going there (Mid 70's) the one thing Casitas strictly enforces is the no body contact with the water rule. If you snuck a ski in while they weren't looking :cool: I've always wanted to ski there, but haven't:frown:

Fired Up
01-13-2004, 09:01 PM
Hey Guys,
This warm weather has me thinking it might be time to plan another day at the lake for next week. No rain in sight and nothing but sunshine.:D

CrazyHippy
01-13-2004, 09:03 PM
NOPE, Casitas, in Lovely Ojai, CA.
There are some BIG (20+#) large mouth bass in the lake.
What's the water level like? has the sunken island gotten it's lil brother? Is it one big island now?
BJH

Moneypitt
01-13-2004, 09:24 PM
I'll bring the refreshments, you know the "soft drink" kind, and the "not so soft drinks" for after the runs are over.. By the way Sam, why are you overloaded with Girl Scout Cookies?? Kinda makes me wonder...... Keep me informed, I may also bring my son with his jetboat....Ray/Moneypitt.........

Fired Up
01-13-2004, 10:37 PM
Moneypitt,
I was going to try and make it out to Pomona for the swap meet on Sunday. I have a feeling Mr. Lake Ranger will have it out for me if he sees me two Sundays in a row. Do week days work out any easier for you? Less boats and inner-tubers to dodge and I'll be willing to bet there is no Ranger midweek either........winter season, skeleton crew. The reason for all the "GS" cookies is my daughter and all her cute little friends.:eek: Yes, the big island has a little brother. We stay on the Coyote ramp side and make our passes which is pretty sheltered from the main body.

CrazyHippy
01-14-2004, 12:46 AM
I tend to Do speed passes either on the west side of the Big Island (hafta watch for boats coming out of the coves), or out by the Dam. Only been hassled once for doing speed runs, but my boat is QUIET :D
Mid week is really Quiet up there right now after about 8:30. B4 that there are some Hardcore fisherman that like to go fish b4 work.
BJH

Sangerboy
01-14-2004, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Fired Up
Moneypitt,
Do week days work out any easier for you? Less boats and inner-tubers to dodge and I'll be willing to bet there is no Ranger midweek either........winter season, skeleton crew.
Fridays always work for me Sam, the only problem is that this winter they've been closing Coyote except for Sat and Sundays so we have to launch at the main ramp during the week:frown:

Hud
01-14-2004, 08:27 AM
Anyone up for a burn at CFW this Sat? The weather looks good for Sat. right now.:D

Jetboatguru
01-14-2004, 11:03 AM
Count me in Hud

smalls
01-14-2004, 12:37 PM
http://198.65.139.154/images/buddies/badassbuddy_com-ghettofab.gif

Moneypitt
01-14-2004, 08:25 PM
e ticket, Sangerboy, Fired Up, and any others, Is Sunday a yes/no/maybe......Weather looks favorable, lake (Casitas) has water, whatta you all say.......post it here........Ray/Moneypitt

Hud
01-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Guru & Smalls, Sat. sounds good, kept me posted!

Fired Up
01-14-2004, 10:42 PM
Sorry guys, thats a no for Fired Up at Casitas Far South. And its going to be a sunny hot day too! If my plans change I will recontact.

BILLY.B
01-15-2004, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Hud
Guru & Smalls, Sat. sounds good, kept me posted! Thats B.S. you guys :mad: ...Don't you guys ever work????:D

e-ticket
01-15-2004, 07:47 AM
My have to pass on the lake for the next 2 weekends. My parents will be here, so I'll have to play it by ear.

smalls
01-15-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by BILLY.B
Thats B.S. you guys :mad: ...Don't you guys ever work????:D
Come on Chiefy, Work on what? My golf Game??????????

Morg
01-15-2004, 08:19 AM
Hey Huuuud,
I will be in the area dropping off the boat at Paul's. What time?
Morg.

Sangerboy
01-15-2004, 12:13 PM
I too will have to chill for a weekend or two and get some things done around the ranch. However I am working on a little idea I'll keep you updated on:D

Moneypitt
01-15-2004, 05:00 PM
Well guys, I'm going on Sunday, 2 boats.. Anyone else???

Kindsvater Flat
01-15-2004, 05:13 PM
I too will have to chill for a weekend or two and get some things done around the ranch. However I am working on a little idea I'll keep you updated on:D
Round up and Direx ought to give you plenty of free time until spring Greg.:D

Sangerboy
01-15-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Kindsvater Flat
Round up and Direx ought to give you plenty of free time until spring Greg.:D
Mike I'm looking forward to the outside work, it's the work that's waiting for me on the desk that's got me a bit bummed:frown: I'm tired of paperwork:yuk: