PDA

View Full Version : Blythe places

Danhercules
01-12-2004, 08:01 AM
I am looking for somwhere to be staying in Blythe. I have a 32' 5th wheel. I would like to store it at a park and also have hookups when useing it. I want to be on the water when using it. Anybody know of a place like that? I am very spoiled. I am use to Park Moabi.

G-Ride
01-12-2004, 08:34 AM
Try McIntyre Campground in Blythe. I beleive they are managed by Destiny Resorts now.

HotHallet
01-12-2004, 12:18 PM
McIntyre is the bomb. Spent the summer there two years ago and boated all up and down that river. Great campground with general store, sweet ramp with a lagoon, and nice grass camps. Plenty of hook up camping and there are regular spots but hard to get. I think it is $35 a month to keep a trailer in storage there and then you just pay $20 a night for camping with electrical. They will pull your trailer out for you and plug it in with the AC going if you call them ahead. Dan if you move on it let me know as I plan on hitting Blythe again next year and would love to boat with you and your wife.

Cs19
01-12-2004, 07:49 PM
There are a few places in the area you can do the 5th wheel thing at. Sometimes you can find a guy who has a place/house out there that rents part of his lot out to you and you can park your deal there for a summer.
There is also Twin Palms about 17 miles north of blythe,and then Riviera park which where the I 10 meets the river. I prefer the areas up river a little more like around twin palms and lost lake. See ya out there.CS19

victorfb
01-12-2004, 08:22 PM
i am definatly in on that deal. i too have a 5th wheel trailer and now i have a good truck to pull it to the river. (old truck over heated way too easy). i also use the trailer for glamis so i wouldnt be able to get it out there till after the glamis season, but i would definatly like to get the ball rolling on reserving a place for it. i normally go to park moabi with danhercules, and its been a great place for many many years. but im liking the lower area idea big time. im getting tired of feeling like im on my way to catalina with all them 40' fountains buzzin by all the time. any how, im all for finding a cool spot so all of us can get together and have an awsome summer.
also, does anyone know if there is lots for sale down there? or is it all indian land?

roostwear
01-12-2004, 08:42 PM
Would be a cool idea to get a "freeboard challenged" get together going down there.

TRG
01-12-2004, 09:29 PM
im down!!! fo sho!!

BGMAN203
01-12-2004, 09:37 PM
Iam in too. **** parker in the summer this year. I want some nice water.

TRG
01-12-2004, 09:48 PM
and i want to ride in your boat "SAILOR"!lmfao!!

roostwear
01-12-2004, 09:54 PM
OK, so where's the water the flattest, the crowds the thinnest, and an overall cool place to stay?

BGMAN203
01-12-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by roostwear
Would be a cool idea to get a "freeboard challenged" get together going down there.
sounds like a cool get-together, The Freeboard Challenged Regatta" Set a rule with a maximum freeboad limit.

TRG
01-12-2004, 10:02 PM
i loved big river when i went over labor day,...i bet i did not pass up more that 25 boats,....and they were all at the sand bar!! but i do want to try blythe!!!

roostwear
01-12-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by BGMAN203
sounds like a cool get-together, The Freeboard Challenged Regatta" Set a rule with a maximum freeboad limit.
I kinda like "Roost on the River", but I'm a little partial to roosts......:D

BGMAN203
01-12-2004, 10:16 PM
I don't know about the roost thing, sounds kinda homo jet boat-ish to me. :D j/k
I am just interested in hanging out having a good time.

roostwear
01-12-2004, 10:36 PM
You mean that bass-o-matic under your Hondo can't even throw a little roost?:D

victorfb
01-12-2004, 11:27 PM
The Freeboard Challenged Regatta.... im likin it. :D i think you guys are on to something here.

BGMAN203
01-13-2004, 01:38 AM
You mean that bass-o-matic under your Hondo can't even throw a little roost?:D
Bass-o matic??? wtf is that? never heard of that one. All I got is prop roost, and that only happens when the plate is all the way down, after that its only 1ft high!:eek: Jet Boat roost = Hollywood guy, haulin ass= small prop blast.:D

CrazyHippy
01-13-2004, 02:46 AM
OK, so where's the water the flattest, the crowds the thinnest, and an overall cool place to stay?
Try South Dakota:D :rolleyes: :D
BJ(Mead is so much fun)H

BrendellaJet
01-13-2004, 06:28 AM
I've never been to the lower river, but I have heard it can get very shallow with plenty of sand bars- not real safe v-drive territory?

beached 1
01-13-2004, 07:33 AM
Goose flats (pun intended)
below Mayflower and Hidden Bitches and above River Lagoon
Or above or below Mac
If you have an RV or trailer of some kind, then Mac or Mayflower, otherwise their are mucho Motels in town.
The water very shallow (if we are talking about below the Palo Verde dam) and therefore are many hazards uder water for prop boats. The sand bars are constantly moving also. Nevertheless, people do run them out there, they just have to be really careful.
Count me in on this! Let me know what I can to help!
some ideas for the event:
The Little Boat Liberation Convention
Suck and Blow Party
Shallow, Dirty water & Shallow, Dirty people..uh regatta. (I don't why, but this one makes me hum that little tune by R.E.M. Shiney happy people?)
and my favorite:
We don't need big boats, cause we're hung like Horses
:)

roostwear
01-13-2004, 08:06 AM
We might need a map to figure out a place. A few people on the boards have been trying to get me to go to Wagon Wheel, but it's been so long since I've run that stretch of river, I can't picture it. I would probably bring a motorhome, so a place on the river with hookups would be cool.

beached 1
01-13-2004, 08:11 AM
Mayflower, Hidden Beaches, Mac and the Rivera (The one that's right below the I10 bridge) all have hookups.
Wagon Wheel I believe is above the Palo Verde Dam. The water is deeper up there and it is nice. But I don't have much info about anything above the dam.
I've been a Blythonian since the late 80's. If you have any questions about the area, feel free to PM me. Or I PM you my number.
anything I can do to help.

Cs19
01-13-2004, 01:56 PM
Its called water wheel. They do not have hook ups. Anything above palo verde is pretty scarce on rv hook ups. Maybe the big river area has some more hook-ups. The water is still very good up there, and probably a little deeper. You better be on your toes, or go with someone who knows the area if you go on the lower parts.

LLGirl
01-13-2004, 03:26 PM
I believe Lost Lake is the only place along that stretch (between Big River and the Palo Verde dam) that has hook-ups. Maybe Twin Palms? Not sure though...

roostwear
01-13-2004, 03:42 PM
Pokin around there are a couple RV parks in Big River, one with a ramp.Anyone ever been to Big River RV park or Rio Del Sol?
Sure would love to try out this glass.........
http://www.campingfriend.com/BigRiverRVPark/pictures/riverview.jpg

BGMAN203
01-13-2004, 05:38 PM
My good friend has a mobile home at Big River Mobile home park, which is right above the rv park. I think there are several people on the boards here that keep rv's at big river in the summer. The only problem with this part of the river is that it doesn't get filled up all the way until 11am sometimes it takes til like 1 pm. Drunk Indians oversleep and forget to open the gates.IMOP we should stay up river, like no lower than lost lake, espically if you wanna get some v-drive people in there too.

roostwear
01-13-2004, 07:41 PM
Here's my opinion on what I would like to see out of a get together like this. It SHOULDN'T be at Lost Lake... I'm not looking to camp at a race track. Just cruise, socialize, party. V-drive owners want to make events into speed contests, and there's nothing wrong with that (that's why Lost Lake came up, right?), but cruising and racing don't mix like that. Invariably a jetter will roost someone, or make a wake, or some other deterrent that will make it difficult to make a speed pass, then it gets pissy. It has in the past... look up the post on the v-drive forum about jets at CFW on New Years Day 02. Someplace else with a more low key theme would be just fine with me.
Just my .02
Roost"my boat's so slow"wear

TRG
01-13-2004, 10:22 PM
im ok as well!! but i sure hope my boat is done sooooone!!!!

victorfb
01-13-2004, 10:34 PM
i like the relaxed mode idea aswell. after all, if some of us want to go race we can always take a short drive to lost lake and get a speed run in. but cruisin and telling lies sounds like a blast to me.
hey Todd, i too hope you get your boat done soon. i need your help with my gell. :D

roostwear
01-13-2004, 11:16 PM
I'm kinda leaning toward Big River RV Park.... sounds like it has deeper water for v-drives, a ramp, sites on the water for $30/night, beaches....
If anyone has any other spots, throw it out there. I'll call Big River Park and check on a group deal. Who all is interested, and what date? Personally, I like mid to late May

BGMAN203
01-14-2004, 12:28 AM
Here's my opinion on what I would like to see out of a get together like this. It SHOULDN'T be at Lost Lake... I'm not looking to camp at a race track. Just cruise, socialize, party. V-drive owners want to make events into speed contests, and there's nothing wrong with that (that's why Lost Lake came up, right?), but cruising and racing don't mix like that. Invariably a jetter will roost someone, or make a wake, or some other deterrent that will make it difficult to make a speed pass, then it gets pissy. It has in the past... look up the post on the v-drive forum about jets at CFW on New Years Day 02. Someplace else with a more low key theme would be just fine with me.
Just my .02
Roost"my boat's so slow"wear
I don't know if you have ever been to the lost lake area, but "racing" really doesn't happen until right before sundown, mostly on saturdays. I agree if you wanna race, then do it there in the evening. Otherwise, lets just cruise relax and burn some fuel!!

Danhercules
01-14-2004, 06:46 AM
Is there alot of law enforsment there?

beached 1
01-14-2004, 08:06 AM
Late May would be good.
I've never been to BR, but hear good things about it..

roostwear
01-14-2004, 08:10 AM
That was on my mind too. Who patrols that section, and do they have a hardon about exhaust?
Here's my deal with Lost Lake. There is an expectation by people going there. V-drivers expect to go fast, and like I said, that's ok. There aren't that many places to run a v-drive anymore. Jetters, on the other hand, generally have a different expectation. Few have 700 hp, and speed is not the main attraction. I just don't see it as a good mix. It doesn't look like it's that far from Big River to LL, but I'll leave that to those more familiar with the area. I just like classic boats, and don't particularly care if it's an 80, 90, or 100 mph boat. I can appreciate the effort to MAKE it one, but let's face it, you don't build a 100 mph boat to go 40!
My .02, and (as usual), I could be wrong.......

roostwear
01-14-2004, 09:38 AM
Danhercules,
Sorry for the hijack!:eek:

HotHallet
01-14-2004, 12:11 PM
Count me in but I need mid-to late May as my boat will just be getting finished and I want to do some local testing before i Venture to river. I vote McIntyre!!! It is so bitchin there and Mayflower the ramp launches right into current (lame). No offence to Beached but I hated Mayflower. if you don't have a trailer to stay in the place sucks!

roostwear
01-14-2004, 12:44 PM
The best date for me would be 5/22-3. The weekend before Memorial Day, so no (OK, less) traffic!
:D

beached 1
01-14-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by HotHallet
Beached but I hated Mayflower. if you don't have a trailer to stay in the place sucks!
None taken.
If you don't have an RV of some kind, Blythe would suck.

Bense468
01-14-2004, 01:50 PM
FIRE

beached 1
01-14-2004, 01:58 PM
yeah I forgot to mention that there is a buch of wannabe trailer arsonists out in Blythe also..
:(

Danhercules
01-14-2004, 02:43 PM
I'm kinda leaning toward Big River RV Park.... sounds like it has deeper water for v-drives, a ramp, sites on the water for $30/night, beaches....
If anyone has any other spots, throw it out there. I'll call Big River Park and check on a group deal. Who all is interested, and what date? Personally, I like mid to late May
I just pick up a map from AAA. Has all the campsights. I called, Twin Palms, southern most. (down river), Aha Quin, i a moving up river, Lost Lake resort, and Big River RV park.
Big river sounds like the best according to you guys, BUT!!!!!!!! She told me that in order to get a dry storage spot there, you have to have a RV spot for a min of 2 months at $245 a month. Then you qualify for a drystorage spot. I dont know how many of you have motor homes, or such, but My plan and Vics, is to store our RV's there and take the boat back and forth.
Lost Lake ...... $25 mo for storage, and $20 bucks a day for full hookups. They will even pull the rig in and out of storage for $10.
Twin Palms............ $35mo storage, and $60 bucks for the weekend with a cabana on the water. Thats for 2 people, They charge for people, not cars. $8 bucks per day more per person.
Aha Quin, Mobil homes only.

cyclone
01-14-2004, 04:07 PM
That was on my mind too. Who patrols that section, and do they have a hardon about exhaust?
Here's my deal with Lost Lake. There is an expectation by people going there. V-drivers expect to go fast, and like I said, that's ok. There aren't that many places to run a v-drive anymore. Jetters, on the other hand, generally have a different expectation. Few have 700 hp, and speed is not the main attraction. I just don't see it as a good mix. It doesn't look like it's that far from Big River to LL, but I'll leave that to those more familiar with the area. I just like classic boats, and don't particularly care if it's an 80, 90, or 100 mph boat. I can appreciate the effort to MAKE it one, but let's face it, you don't build a 100 mph boat to go 40!
My .02, and (as usual), I could be wrong.......
my 2 pennies here....
i'm partial to big river. yeah it sucks that late in the year the water doesnt come up until 11am, but the water is dead flat, even on holiday weekends and there are no big boats running that section of the river. I can literally run my boat wide open all weekend. The Big River RV Park is very, very, nice. there are two different sand bars to hang out at above Lost Lake and below the dam that are usually home to nothing but jet boats and v-drives. Those that wish to drag race can drag their boats down to LL on a saturday night and those that dont can spectate or hang out at the camp ground.
I do like blythe but like most of the other folks have said, its very shallow and there are lots of rock bars, sand bars and trees to run over. You'd better know that section of the river very well if you're going to navigate it in the afternoon when the water level drops.
On the other hand, i'm all about the freeboard challenged gathering so i dont care where we go, i'll still roll out for it. :D

cyclone
01-14-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Danhercules
I just pick up a map from AAA. Has all the campsights. I called, Twin Palms, southern most. (down river), Aha Quin, i a moving up river, Lost Lake resort, and Big River RV park.
Big river sounds like the best according to you guys, BUT!!!!!!!! She told me that in order to get a dry storage spot there, you have to have a RV spot for a min of 2 months at $245 a month. Then you qualify for a drystorage spot. I dont know how many of you have motor homes, or such, but My plan and Vics, is to store our RV's there and take the boat back and forth.
Lost Lake ...... $25 mo for storage, and $20 bucks a day for full hookups. They will even pull the rig in and out of storage for $10.
Twin Palms............ $35mo storage, and $60 bucks for the weekend with a cabana on the water. Thats for 2 people, They charge for people, not cars. $8 bucks per day more per person.
Aha Quin, Mobil homes only.
a couple more pennies....
Lost Lake=old and slightly dirty park. definately not as nice as Big River. I only go there on saturdays to race, not camp out.

beached 1
01-14-2004, 04:18 PM
again, my .02$ also
Mac, Rivera and....that sucky place called Mayflower are all very nice IMO. They all have hookups and the parks are all grass (not sandy dirt and rocks like most other parks you see.) These would a better choice if you ask me due to the fact that the people that don't have an RV are closer to the Motels in town..
I have been to twin Palms a long time ago and really dug that every beach cabana had a refridgerator in it..that would be a good thing..
The water gets deeper the further you get (down river) from the dam and there are many really nice sand bars to hang out on. But
nevertheless, I hear great things about BR so it sounds like the best choice.

77charger
01-14-2004, 06:18 PM
My buddy's wife has a house right on the water above Twin Palms, Below Paridise Point. Twin palms used to be fun. Aha Quin has a bar, but it's not right on the water like Parker. If you want to camp you can try Twin Palms or Lost Lake. It's not the greatest but if you want to have fun that stretch of the river is the place to be....And it's safe.

77charger
01-14-2004, 06:23 PM
It's true you need to know the river near Twin Palms but just stay above it and follow someone else. Theres a great sandbar right above Aha Quin too. Lost Lake & Twin Palms are old and not the Ritz but it's cheap.....and you'll be on the water most of the time anyway. Plus, theres a restaurant at Aha Quin...Breakfast,Lunch & Dinner.

Bense468
01-14-2004, 06:28 PM
Where are there rock bars in Blythe? I think if there are rock bars anywhere it is in Big River and below there. There is only one spot in blythe I know of that you have to navigate around trees and that is below mayflower. The good sand bar is above the Myflower up by the Dam and IMO Mayflower is a good campground. Blythe is really nice and sandy. Rocks are not very common down there.

roostwear
01-14-2004, 07:15 PM
I guess it's time to start another thread for the freeboard challenged event. Danhercules started this thread to find a place to store his trailer, and I kinda hijacked it. We ned to get an idea what were looking to do.... camp, rv, motels, what.

UtlGoa
01-14-2004, 07:51 PM
To answer someone's question about law enforcement. The lower part of the river is patroled by Blythe P.D., Riverside County Sheriff's Department, La Paz County Sheriff's Department, and Arizona Fish and Game. Having worked the lower part of the river(Blythe) for the past eight years it's a good place to boat.
Just so you know the camp grounds in Blythe will not put up with any crap (loud parties after 10:00 pm, drunk in public, etc etc) and will call the law in a heart beat. There is only one main rock bar south of the diversion damn. It's located about 1/4 mile north of the I-10 bridge. If you read the water you will see where it's at. South of the I-10 bridge is pretty deep with very few sand bars.
As far as Law enforcement goes. We are there to make sure everyone has fun. We take appropriate action when it's needed. Also someone asked about exhaust. "This is my point of view" as long as it has water running through it to muffle some of the noise you should be good to go. And the most important thing to remember...... If your stopped by a police boat, don't start the conversation off with an attitude. This just gets everyone in a bad mood.

wsuwrhr
01-14-2004, 08:28 PM
Im in, ***boat events have ALWAYS been good to me. Let me know where and when and I am there. Need a sponsor?
Brian

Cs19
01-14-2004, 09:50 PM
Im in on the event..
Ok, Ive been to every place mentioned on this list. I think Twin palms is the best place for this event. I really dont think anything below palo verde dam is worth trying.
Selling points for the twin palms area:
-only 15 miles outside of blythe
-av gas and plenty of gas stations near by,including one at twin palms.
- cheap camping with a general store and a shade canopy.
-nice sandy beach out front with plenty of room.
-water is up first thing in the morning
-2 local sand bars, 1 up river 1 down. also the lost lake sand bar if you choose to make the trip up river.
- drinking and bench racing at the outdoor bar (tattoo bobs) at aha quin at night, which is a blast every time..
-breakfast and bloody marys @ aha quin in the morning, its a couple miles up river from twin palms.
-l racing @ lost lake is only 15 miles up river. although its a slim chance for some sundown racing early in the year.
-chances of seeing a patrol boat on a non-holiday weekend are VERY slim.
-no complaining v-drivers.
- glass all day
There are a few down falls though. The sherriffs that patrol in cars do not put up with any sh*t like mentioned earlier. They use to visit our trailer all the time, they are pretty hard core if you have a rowdy crew out there,they also do not tolerate ANYTHING over 55 mph on highway 95 in that area.
In the afternoon (depending on how much water is being released) the water drops. Getting around isnt a problem, but you need to watch where your going. If you follow the locals you will be fine, there are not any rock bars, only random underwater logs and sand bars.

Danhercules
01-15-2004, 06:40 AM
Roost, no worries on the highjack.

cyclone
01-15-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by UtlGoa
To answer someone's question about law enforcement. The lower part of the river is patroled by Blythe P.D., Riverside County Sheriff's Department, La Paz County Sheriff's Department, and Arizona Fish and Game. Having worked the lower part of the river(Blythe) for the past eight years it's a good place to boat.
Just so you know the camp grounds in Blythe will not put up with any crap (loud parties after 10:00 pm, drunk in public, etc etc) and will call the law in a heart beat. There is only one main rock bar south of the diversion damn. It's located about 1/4 mile north of the I-10 bridge. If you read the water you will see where it's at. South of the I-10 bridge is pretty deep with very few sand bars.
As far as Law enforcement goes. We are there to make sure everyone has fun. We take appropriate action when it's needed. Also someone asked about exhaust. "This is my point of view" as long as it has water running through it to muffle some of the noise you should be good to go. And the most important thing to remember...... If your stopped by a police boat, don't start the conversation off with an attitude. This just gets everyone in a bad mood.
just a littel anecdote about the law enforcement along the stretch of river near blythe. 2 years ago i just finished restoring my boat and hauled it out to blythe. I literally finished putting the interior in the boat friday night and left straight for the river from the shop. The registration was expired at the time. I got a ticket for the expired registration, which wasn't a huge ordeal, BUT....i had to drive all the way to friggin QUARTZITE to appear for the ticket. I was told by the cop and the judge that i could not pay the fine by mail and send in my new registration, which i had renewed the next week after the trip. I had to drive all the way from Anaheim on a wednesday morning, missing work, to appear in court for 5 friggin minutes just so i could pay my ticket. Not sure if anything's changed since then since i haven't been back, but that was my experience. Oh and this isn't a cheap shot at anyone, i'm just letting people know that the local law enforcement/judicial system doesn't mess around near that part of the river.

UtlGoa
01-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Cyclone,
Were you cited by Arizona fish and game? or La paz county sheriff's department? Just so you guys know, you can be cited towing your boat down the freeway if the registration is expired. Boat does not have to be in the water.

Danhercules
01-15-2004, 12:56 PM
I had this up on the other thread.
It breaks down like this.........
$8 a day for a rv hook up spot.
$6 bucks extra for a cabanna per day
$8 bucks per person per day.
She told me is $60 for me and my wife if we stay Fri to Sun and have a cabana.

PACKERFAN
01-15-2004, 01:23 PM
Other than Lost Lake, are there any other places North of Blythe to rent a single- wide or double- wide trailer? How about in Twin palms?

cyclone
01-15-2004, 04:18 PM
Cyclone,
Were you cited by Arizona fish and game? or La paz county sheriff's department? Just so you guys know, you can be cited towing your boat down the freeway if the registration is expired. Boat does not have to be in the water.
i dont remember who cited me. I just remember having to drive all the way to quartzite just to pay the fine. man did that suck. that's a long drive when you know that you'll get near the river and not be boating. :D

beached 1
01-15-2004, 05:08 PM
There is only one main rock bar south of the diversion damn. It's located about 1/4 mile north of the I-10 bridge. If you read the water you will see where it's at. South of the I-10 bridge is pretty deep with very few sand bars.
There is one other rock bar that is up river from Mayflower. Not a complete rock bar, but a sandy bar with a lot of rocks in it would be the best way to discribe it..
Here are few pics of it..The water has to be really low to ctach this one.. I really feel sorry for this guy..that's a sweet looking Stoker
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1221blythe.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1221blythe2.jpg
as for the LE out there, they seem to be pretty cool. If you are acting like an ass, they'll treat you like one.

77charger
01-15-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by cs19
Im in on the event..
Ok, Ive been to every place mentioned on this list. I think Twin palms is the best place for this event. I really dont think anything below palo verde dam is worth trying.
-2 local sand bars, 1 up river 1 down. also the lost lake sand bar if you choose to make the trip up river.
- drinking and bench racing at the outdoor bar (tattoo bobs) at aha quin at night, which is a blast every time..
-breakfast and bloody marys @ aha quin in the morning, its a couple miles up river from twin palms.
-l racing @ lost lake is only 15 miles up river. although its a slim chance for some sundown racing early in the year.
- glass all day
There are a few down falls though. The sherriffs that patrol in cars do not put up with any sh*t like mentioned earlier. They use to visit our trailer all the time, they are pretty hard core if you have a rowdy crew out there,they also do not tolerate ANYTHING over 55 mph on highway 95 in that area.
In the afternoon (depending on how much water is being released) the water drops. Getting around isnt a problem, but you need to watch where your going. If you follow the locals you will be fine, there are not any rock bars, only random underwater logs and sand bars. Ya that is a nice place did you mention the area in front between twin palms and paradise point is very good for early mornin speed runs:D Esp in a flat.I have been going there the last two memorial weekends and dig it.I have not had any probs with my i/o either but then again i only go from where i stay to the upper sand bar:)

LLGirl
01-15-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by PACKERFAN
Other than Lost Lake, are there any other places North of Blythe to rent a single- wide or double- wide trailer? How about in Twin palms?
Not sure about how many rentals they have, but Water Wheel, Aha Quinn and Hidden Valley have very nice double-wides.

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
01-16-2004, 10:28 AM
I am with cs19:cool: Cool place,Aha has a cool beach area and little island too.The G/F wants to get married there:eek:

UtlGoa
01-16-2004, 12:20 PM
Aha Quinn is a good place to camp and boat. You can go south on the river until you run into the diversion dam, then you can go north on the river until you run into another diversion damn. You have alot of room to play and race in that area of the river.

roostwear
05-04-2004, 10:40 AM
Sorry for the hijack. See what happens? Now I remember how this started........

Boat Loan Guy
05-04-2004, 02:17 PM
Just spent all of last weekend looking for a place to bye oustide of Blythe... Ended up finding a one bedroom one bath for 30,000 at lost lake...seems like a nice resort, all though water wheel and Aha Quin were very nice, way out of my price range...Cheapest place we found was for 68,000 and around 300 in space rent...

LLGirl
05-04-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Ckenn
Just spent all of last weekend looking for a place to bye oustide of Blythe... Ended up finding a one bedroom one bath for 30,000 at lost lake...seems like a nice resort, all though water wheel and Aha Quin were very nice, way out of my price range...Cheapest place we found was for 68,000 and around 300 in space rent...
Which place did you find for $30,000? Just curious... we have a place at Lost Lake. The place right next door to us is for sale for $55,000 w/ a garage.
Talk about hijacking a thread...sorry!!

Goodtime$
05-04-2004, 08:42 PM
HIDDEN VALLEY IS THE SPOT....BW Lost Lake and Water Wheel

truksnboats
05-05-2004, 09:11 AM
hothallett-
Not sure if you remember me from last year at Mayflower with little Chris. I have the all red Kachina. Anyway hope to see you out there again and maybe you can help at the launch ramp again so my girl doesn't end up getting in another fight, that was classic. haha
Lately I've been going down river, seems to be deeper and less people.

HotHallet
05-05-2004, 10:44 AM
I remember you Travis. I have told so many people that story about that stupid lady with the wakeboard boat. That was hilarious when she torked out the guide post on her trailer and your girlfriend was making fun. Good times! Look forward to boating with you guys again this summer in Blythe. Lets go to McIntyre this time. Mayflower sucks. Launch into the current with only one bathroom on the premises and no store=gay! Give me a call and lets get a trip brewing (310) 344-2555. I just got my new motor back in and a fresh pump with a droop, shoe and rideplate, new loader, and I blueprinted the bottom. The engine is a 501 c.i. BBF with a tunnel ram with two 600 Holleys on top. Went 73.5 on gps last weekend with two people and full tanks.

truksnboats
05-05-2004, 12:15 PM
Hey Travis sounds like you really hooked your boat up. I figured with that motor and set up, you would be going a bit faster. i'm not a big fan of Mayflower either. We gotta make a trip down river next time, its way nice. Send me an e-mail next time you are heading out and maybe we can meet up again.
truksnboats@aol.com

Boat Loan Guy
05-05-2004, 12:21 PM
LL Girl right in front the store...Blue house on the corner..they had been asking 35000, when we spoke with them, they said the place had been on the market for about a year and were willing to negotiate a price. So we did...;)

HotHallet
05-05-2004, 02:42 PM
Travis-We have only just begun. That speed was with two guys in the boat (one at 190 pounds and another at 275 pounds). So with approximately 465 pounds of people in the boat and two ten gallon tanks completely full of fuel we turned that speed. I only held the pedal down for about 7 seconds and hit rough water and had to let out of it and the gps said 73.5. She was still climbing when I backed out of it. I'm thinking with just me in the boat and good water with minimal fuel 80 may be attainable. I'm already going over 15 miles per hour faster than last summer with the new motor and pump at 73.5. Hope to see you soon and do some boating.

roostwear
05-05-2004, 03:08 PM
I'll have the GPS at FC next weekend....... let's see!

LLGirl
05-05-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Ckenn
LL Girl right in front the store...Blue house on the corner..they had been asking 35000, when we spoke with them, they said the place had been on the market for about a year and were willing to negotiate a price. So we did...;)
Ok, I know that place. Yea, it has been up for awhile. LL is a fun place, and one of the more affordable places too! We're on the main road a few down from the barn...

78Southwind
02-03-2007, 11:13 AM
So this is how it all started.

victorfb
02-03-2007, 12:18 PM
geeeeezusssss jerry. you really have nothing better to do, do you? :D
that may be were it all started, but it sure didnt finish there. :)

RitcheyRch
02-03-2007, 03:14 PM
I'm all for a trip to Blythe. Have always boated that stretch of the river and have always launched out of McIntyre Park. My buddy used to have a trailer there.

Boatcop
02-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Cyclone,
Not true. Boat registration only applies when the boat is "in use", defined as being on the water. The only boat registration issues that apply on the trailer are if the registration are fictitious or altered.
just a littel anecdote about the law enforcement along the stretch of river near blythe. 2 years ago i just finished restoring my boat and hauled it out to blythe. I literally finished putting the interior in the boat friday night and left straight for the river from the shop. The registration was expired at the time. I got a ticket for the expired registration, which wasn't a huge ordeal, BUT....i had to drive all the way to friggin QUARTZITE to appear for the ticket. I was told by the cop and the judge that i could not pay the fine by mail and send in my new registration, which i had renewed the next week after the trip. I had to drive all the way from Anaheim on a wednesday morning, missing work, to appear in court for 5 friggin minutes just so i could pay my ticket. Not sure if anything's changed since then since i haven't been back, but that was my experience. Oh and this isn't a cheap shot at anyone, i'm just letting people know that the local law enforcement/judicial system doesn't mess around near that part of the river.
At that time Boating vioations were classified as misdmeanor criminal offenses, which required an appearance in court. Since there aren't a whole lot of boating tickets written down there, the officer (probably Game and Fish. We know better.) and the Court (new judge at that time) probably weren't familiar with provisions for taking care of those through the mail. It would require getting a form from the court, taking it to a local (local to you) Police Station, and swearing in front of a police officer that you are the person cited and that you are willingly pleading guilty, and affixing your fingerprint. They did it all the time in Parker Justice Court.
(3) Telephonic Pleas in Courts of Limited Jurisdiction.
Notwithstanding Rules 1.6, 14.2, 17.1(a)(1), 17.1(a)(2), 17.2, 17.3 and 26.9, courts of limited jurisdiction may accept a telephonic plea of guilty or no contest to the offense when: (1) the defendant certifies in writing that he or she is an out-of-state resident or resides more than one hundred miles from the court in which the plea is being taken; (2) the plea is in writing, complies with the requirements of Rule 17, and is signed by the defendant; and (3) a law enforcement officer in defendant's state of residence, or if a resident of Arizona the county of residence, certifies that the defendant personally appeared, signed a guilty plea form, and that the officer affixed the defendant's fingerprint to the document.
Minor Boating violations are now Petty Offenses, which can be handled through the mail more easily.
For information, here's a link to a boating map from Blythe to Yuma. Although geared to paddlers (canoes and kayaks) it shows reference points and mileage from point to point. (PDF-Adobe Acrobat reader required) Sorry. can't find one for the Parker-Palo Verde Dam area.
http://www.dbw.ca.gov/Pubs/BlythetoImperial/BlythetoImperial.pdf

a catered life
02-06-2007, 07:14 AM
McIntyre is the bomb. Spent the summer there two years ago and boated all up and down that river. Great campground with general store, sweet ramp with a lagoon, and nice grass camps. Plenty of hook up camping and there are regular spots but hard to get. I think it is $35 a month to keep a trailer in storage there and then you just pay $20 a night for camping with electrical. They will pull your trailer out for you and plug it in with the AC going if you call them ahead. Dan if you move on it let me know as I plan on hitting Blythe again next year and would love to boat with you and your wife.
100% agree

RitcheyRch
02-06-2007, 07:35 AM
Let's plan a trip to McIntyre.

djdtpr
02-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Im in on the event..
- glass all day
In the afternoon (depending on how much water is being released) the water drops. Getting around isnt a problem, but you need to watch where your going. If you follow the locals you will be fine, there are not any rock bars, only random underwater logs and sand bars.
I agree with CS i think it would be better up there also.The lower part of the river sucks and the cops are horible.The water is usually so low that a jet has problems running so v drives would be screwed and so would outdrives.I think Twin palms would be perfect or even at AHA where they had the CP Regatta at that awsome rock bar,lots of room on that thing and easy on pumps.Big river was a cool place to have it also though,but Blythe would definatly suck.

Cs19
02-06-2007, 04:12 PM
I agree with CS i think it would be better up there also.The lower part of the river sucks and the cops are horible.The water is usually so low that a jet has problems running so v drives would be screwed and so would outdrives.I think Twin palms would be perfect or even at AHA where they had the CP Regatta at that awsome rock bar,lots of room on that thing and easy on pumps.Big river was a cool place to have it also though,but Blythe would definatly suck.
It must be winter... We are re-visting a thread from 2004.
I say we throw it at 6th st. Thats the best spot on the colorado river.

djdtpr
02-07-2007, 10:48 AM
No i definatly think it would be better up river everyone seems happier on rock bars.;) Plus the crowd sucks at 6th street.Yuma wouldnt be bad either though but its all sand their so that probably wont work either.
P.S. How are ya CS?

RitcheyRch
02-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Lets start planning a trip.

dumbandyoung
02-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Not true. Boat registration only applies when the boat is "in use", defined as being on the water. The only boat registration issues that apply on the trailer are if the registration are fictitious or altered.
At that time Boating vioations were classified as misdmeanor criminal offenses, which required an appearance in court. Since there aren't a whole lot of boating tickets written down there, the officer (probably Game and Fish. We know better.) and the Court (new judge at that time) probably weren't familiar with provisions for taking care of those through the mail. It would require getting a form from the court, taking it to a local (local to you) Police Station, and swearing in front of a police officer that you are the person cited and that you are willingly pleading guilty, and affixing your fingerprint. They did it all the time in Parker Justice Court.
Minor Boating violations are now Petty Offenses, which can be handled through the mail more easily.
l.pdf[/url]
Ya, I got a fix it ticket for no trailer lights pulling out of Needles. So I called the CHP in walnut to see if I could go there and they said no problem

Bense468
02-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Aha or bust.

Hustler
02-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Wooo Hooo party at 6th Street:) :D

79Challenger
02-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Im in on the event..
- glass all day
We have a place out there and I couldn't of put it better myself. See you on the water!

Mike D..
02-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Really !!!!!!!!! Is that the way you really feel , I guess I `ll see you buying a place up by me, Bring your kegorator:D C you and the crew soon

Cs19
02-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Doing great, busy as hell with all kinds of projects, the racing season starts up in 5 weeks. :eek:
Sounds like its official, 6th street it is...Should be a kick in the ass..
What event is this anyways?

djdtpr
02-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Doing great, busy as hell with all kinds of projects, the racing season starts up in 5 weeks. :eek:
I think its the drink all you can and float festwith a midnight dead rev contest!
When is the first trip to the river?

Bense468
02-13-2007, 02:00 PM
call it the "all show no go tour"

Hustler
02-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Hell I do that ALL summer:(

djdtpr
02-14-2007, 01:55 PM
You say that like its a bad thing! Thats why the same motor has been together for four years now. Imagine if a pro built it i wouldnt have to worry for another six years. I think i need a bigger ice chest though this running out of beer shizzle sucks.

Bense468
02-14-2007, 02:52 PM
buy my icechest.

djdtpr
02-14-2007, 02:55 PM
buy my icechest.
Do you have a link to it on Ebay? When is the closing date on the sale? Quantas?

79Challenger
02-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Above the dam is definetly better, but River is River!

Cs19
02-15-2007, 04:51 AM
I think its the drink all you can and float festwith a midnight dead rev contest!
When is the first trip to the river?
Sounds good. Im gonna put the thing on the rev limiter and hit the button.:eek:

REAL HP
02-15-2007, 09:37 PM
You say that like its a bad thing! Thats why the same motor has been together for four years now. Imagine if a pro built it i wouldnt have to worry for another six years. I think i need a bigger ice chest though this running out of beer shizzle sucks.
From what I heard you're gonna need a lot more than a bigger ice chest. How many flattys have you gotten by Mr. Goatie... Fuk, trim that thing already.

djdtpr
02-20-2007, 12:36 PM
From what I heard you're gonna need a lot more than a bigger ice chest. How many flattys have you gotten by Mr. Goatie... Fuk, trim that thing already.
Ive gone by a bunch of flattys they are usually always on the trailer sitting there not getting used.
I dont have to trim it im going bald on my chin.:)

CalmInsanity
03-19-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm all for a trip to Blythe. Have always boated that stretch of the river and have always launched out of McIntyre Park. My buddy used to have a trailer there.
So is it totally insane for our Top Gun at Mcintrye! Planning a trip April 13,14,15.
Looks like an awesome place :D
http://www.skicondomammoth.com/sitebuilder/images/Terry-1033x608.jpg

v-drive
03-20-2007, 04:18 AM
you're jokin right?:confused: v-drive

Mr. C
03-20-2007, 07:42 AM
Ummmmmm, I'm thinking insane, yes. :D
I would like to see you turn that thing around in the little marina.
So is it totally insane for our Top Gun at Mcintrye! Planning a trip April 13,14,15.
Looks like an awesome place :D
http://www.skicondomammoth.com/sitebuilder/images/Terry-1033x608.jpg

CalmInsanity
03-20-2007, 04:17 PM
From the pics it looks like nice open water once you're out of the the little lagoon area... depending on the water levels...

Waist Deep
03-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Good Luck getting in/out of the marina @ McIntyre. We had a helluva time with our 21 and all the maggots when we had a place there.
Nice water though.

Mr. C
03-21-2007, 06:31 AM
From the pics it looks like nice open water once you're out of the the little lagoon area... depending on the water levels...
We usually head down river from the marina, water is awsome. Water level not problem for my little 18', have to read the river sometimes but no big deal. Went with some friends that had a 19' chapperal(sp), tried to tell them get on plane and follow me but they wouldn't listen. Needless to say they hit bottom a few times:D :D

CalmInsanity
03-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the info... I'll definitely be doing some depth checking before jumpin' on it.

Waist Deep
03-22-2007, 04:33 PM
Let me know if youre putting that in @ McIntyre. It will be worth the drive to watch.

RitcheyRch
03-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Ditto that.
Let me know if youre putting that in @ McIntyre. It will be worth the drive to watch.

Mr. C
03-23-2007, 06:32 AM
put me on that list also

Riverbass
03-26-2007, 02:38 PM
I have got to see this. The ramp should be the most fun.

CalmInsanity
03-26-2007, 04:25 PM
I have got to see this. The ramp should be the most fun.
The ramp and lagoon don't look like a big deal from the pics and satelite pics, but the sat. pics of the river show shoals everywhere... what a pain!
Only with high high water could we have any fun there...

waxer
04-12-2007, 04:44 PM
No i definatly think it would be better up river everyone seems happier on rock bars.;) Plus the crowd sucks at 6th street.Yuma wouldnt be bad either though but its all sand their so that probably wont work either.
P.S. How are ya CS?
I agree with Danny (DJD) that up river would be better. I'm in for the Booze cruise, hang out the sandbar & watch other boats much faster than mine. There are no rockbars from Riviera to PaloVerde Dam, only sandbars, diapers, & hyperdermic needles....& now it appears 28ft. cigarette boats who want to launch @ McIntyre
Waxer: AKA Mr clean to DJD....

76ANTHONY
04-14-2007, 10:11 AM
so is there gonna be a run in blythe? mac, riv, ehnberg, doesnt matter to me, i love that area, alot more mellow, and goose flats is mellow too, until about 3 or 4 pm when everyones goosed up:D :D

RitcheyRch
04-14-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm ready for a Blythe trip. We prefer McIntyre and always head to Goose Flats.
so is there gonna be a run in blythe? mac, riv, ehnberg, doesnt matter to me, i love that area, alot more mellow, and goose flats is mellow too, until about 3 or 4 pm when everyones goosed up:D :D

Bow Tie Omega
04-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Ummmmmm, I'm thinking insane, yes. :D
I would like to see you turn that thing around in the little marina.
Come on now, he can go straight:D We can take turns towing him back backwards:D