PDA

View Full Version : Citibank Called

Kilrtoy
01-12-2004, 10:28 AM
They have lost all my information and emailed me to notify me. The email asking that I fill out the app with all my personnal info and resubmit it........
Im so glad they are looking out for me.....
OH WAIT, I DONT BANK WITH CITIBANK AND NEVER HAVE.
When I have more time Im going to fill out Babe ruth's citibank app for him.
be careful, This crap I out there....

Kilrtoy
01-12-2004, 10:35 AM
http://www.citibank.com/?rLrmooveQnkVKURtJMrttPnF2dwxLP8fCAC107fRwBMtwGAgt 3
here is the link.
it is a pop up add.
they ask for your Credit card number exp and pin number
So I typed in a bunch of nice words to them....

HighRoller
01-12-2004, 10:46 AM
Dude you gotta be careful with Shittybank. They have become one of the leaders in scam banking. Selling customer info to other vendors and stuff like that. They even give your account #'s out to certain people that you do business with so that those people can automatically debit your CC. They say it "saves you the hassle of paying your bill". Whatever. Next thing you know you have a charge for three times the amount you are supposed to pay and won't get it back for months. If anyone out there has a Citibank CC, watch your statements VERY closely!

Her454
01-12-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Dude you gotta be careful with Shittybank. They have become one of the leaders in scam banking. Selling customer info to other vendors and stuff like that. They even give your account #'s out to certain people that you do business with so that those people can automatically debit your CC. They say it "saves you the hassle of paying your bill". Whatever. Next thing you know you have a charge for three times the amount you are supposed to pay and won't get it back for months. If anyone out there has a Citibank CC, watch your statements VERY closely!
THis is SOO true. I do not bank with them but my parents did. When I took over all their finances I found several discrepancies and they had duplicate billed several months in a row and it was auto deduct for the wrong amounts (always over the amount of course). Something my dad NEVER "signed" to authorize because they couldnt produce it, but simply a check mark that he accidentally checked when being asked all "yes" questions etc...
anyway, it was a nightmare getting fixed. BUT get this , the worst part were the billings AFTER he passed away and all the proper documentation was provided them. THEY ARE A JOKE.:mad:

HCS
01-12-2004, 11:46 AM
They wouldn't give me a credit card. Shit.....I'm glad they didn't.

SCUBA STEVE
01-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Thanks for reminding me, I have to question a charge on my statement. It wasnt a huge amount $7.00 I think for that trip discount sh*t that I dont remember approving. :confused:

PACKINAIR
01-12-2004, 12:12 PM
Here is my reply I send to anyone that spams me

HavasuDreamin'
01-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Thanks. I have an Associates CC and Associates were bought out by Shitty Bank.........so now I have a Shitty Bank credit card. :(

Jordy
01-12-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
Thanks. I have an Associates CC and Associates were bought out by Shitty Bank.........so now I have a Shitty Bank credit card. :(
Citibank owns, or has a large controlling interest in some unbelieveable number, like 98% of the credit cards out there. I go out of my way not to use them.

quiet riot
01-12-2004, 04:09 PM
They bought my student loans when I graduated and that was the biggest mess I've ever seen with any business. I had several loans and they never applied payments correctly, double billed, put all the payment on one loan and send me a notice that the others were all in default. Shitty bank is a joke and it only takes about a thousand phone calls to try and fix their mistakes. I finally just paid off the loans cause they couldn't keep em straight and will never to do business with them again even though they own most of the cc/bank stuff in the US.
jd

Ziggy
01-12-2004, 04:16 PM
This isn't isolated to Credit Cards...We've had Internet Provider hoaxes with the same M.O. They pretend like the account needs updating and whatnot....be careful of anyone asking for updated finance/personal info, especially over the web.

Boozer
01-12-2004, 04:45 PM
I have never applied for or had a Citibank card. However, about 3 years ago I applied for a motorcycle loan through my credit union. The loan was denied due to a defaulted account with CitiBank. CitiBank Allegedly wrote off a credit card that was mine for $7,500.00 for non payment. The debt was written off in 1998 at which time I was 17 years old.
Somehow Citibank lost the original debt holders ss# and applied the debt to mine. The guy had the same name as me I guess. It took me over a year to get the mark off of my credit score. Which of course meant my good credit was at the time tarnished and I couldn't finance a ball point pen let alone new car or motorcycle.
For my convenience CitiBank has no department that you can speak to verbally about discrepancies of this nature it is all done in writing. I sent them 3 letters and nothing. I finally had to hire an attorney to get the issue resolved. He got it resolved by sending them a notarized letter saying if the matter wasnt resolved in 2 weeks they would be seeing us in court and be held accountable for all attorneys fees and also be slammed with a fat lawsuit for negligence. Low and behold 1 week later my attorney got a call and was told my credit would have the ding removed.
3 weeks later i got pre approval credit card apps from them in the mail weekly.
Be careful of CitiBank. They are huge, they know they are huge, and for the most part you are at their mercy. They seem to play by their own set of rules.

MagicMtnDan
01-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Boozer
I have never applied for or had a Citibank card.
Aren't you in Scranton yet? :confused:

Boozer
01-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Aren't you in Scranton yet? :confused:
Not yet. Might postpone until May 1st.