PDA

View Full Version : I don't want v-drive owners to think

roostwear
01-13-2004, 09:38 AM
that this thread in Hotspots West is a jet thing. It's a freeboard challenged thing regardless of what propels you.
Freeboard challenged (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38191)
Any input/interest in a lower river function?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-13-2004, 11:07 AM
When or if this thing becomes official, post up the when and where.
Ive probably been to over 50 v-drive outings at a doesen different places. Adding a few weekdays onto a normal weekend bash, will sometimes bring out the fast guys.
During summer, weekends at the river and fast v-drivers don't usually mix (exception being v-drive cruisers).
Its these faster v-drive guys that seem to bring the crowds. Everyone wants to see big power and big speed.
Planning an event at the same time as the Needles vacation, Big River outing, Red Rock Social, Irvine outings or at the same time as an NJBA or IHBA race, will conflict with the hardcore v-drive schedule down south.
This is probably more info than anyone cared to read (sorry) but I'm just offering up a little input.:)
I think bringing Jets, v-drives and whackas (especially if holding to the smaller, quicker, freeboard challenged boats) to one location successfully could be an awesome event.
video guys .02 of input.:cool:

TRG
01-14-2004, 09:45 PM
I could'nt agree more.... it seems here lately ive been associating myself with more and more v-drive people than any others...doesnt mean anything!... just want the skinny, with no B/S!! todd w/ my two pennies!!

TRG
01-14-2004, 10:12 PM
does this mean i can go to needles vacation.....with my boat?
(yes its a jet)lol

DaveA
01-14-2004, 10:42 PM
V-Drive Video, that's some pretty awesome input. Stands to reason quite well on this end. Nothing like experience!
I just wish we had a greater concentration of v-drives here in this area. Sure would be fun.
Just gotta buy that plane ticket back out to Kalifornika again...
DaveA

boatguy222
01-15-2004, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by toddnjuzz
(yes its a jet)lol
Sell the damn jet and put the D'cucci together, you'll be more than welcome:D

Hud
01-15-2004, 06:23 AM
If you want to go faster for the same money, BUY A V- DRIVE!!!!!:rolleyes:

superdave013
01-15-2004, 07:19 AM
(yes its a jet)lol
Bro, you saw first hand what happens when a Rodgers jet shows up at a v drive gig. Your boat is to nice to turn upside down at a high rate of speed!
Really though, I'm sure that if you went it would be cool. Last year I saw a jet, I/O schiada and even an outboard.

BGMAN203
01-15-2004, 06:09 PM
(yes its a jet)lol
If your gonna stay with me there, be sure to park the "jet boat" at another camp site!!! lmao...j/k

TRG
01-15-2004, 07:52 PM
no one ever did answer my question...did roger weiman ever make a v-drive? i know that there was a flat-jet!... but still looking! if so...that is what i'de put together!!
todd

DUCKY
01-16-2004, 08:09 PM
I asked him. He stops by our shop pretty regularly. I believe his answer was no, but he has seen some of his hulls converted to v-drives.

cyclone
01-18-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by superdave013
Bro, you saw first hand what happens when a Rodgers jet shows up at a v drive gig. Your boat is to nice to turn upside down at a high rate of speed!
Really though, I'm sure that if you went it would be cool. Last year I saw a jet, I/O schiada and even an outboard.
that's a pretty cheap shot. no xmas card for you next year. :D