PDA

View Full Version : Spring Heatwave-- Havazoo Who's Going April 24

Rock-it man
01-13-2004, 02:34 PM
So The Spring Heatwave in Havazoo is April 24 Who's going
and The Eliminator regatta is the next weekend May 1-2 so I will be there April 21-May2.
Wanna RACE ------ Gotta catch me first !!!!:p

PlayTime
01-13-2004, 03:19 PM
I think I'm in :)

jackpunx
01-13-2004, 04:17 PM
Im with RD.. I had a great time on the last one.. but I'll probably be a passenger rather then to beat my boat again....

BOBALOO
01-13-2004, 04:27 PM
What is the spring heatwave? Isn't that the weekend of BBSP? Hopefully it is because I want to go that weekend.

jbtrailerjim
01-13-2004, 05:39 PM
I'm probably going but just as spectator. No way I would even attempt to run my little boat in it.

Faster Daddy
01-13-2004, 05:49 PM
Just booked the room - sounds like a good time. I'm going to run just so I can hear "Hey you're the guy with the little Lavey" :D

CrazyHippy
01-13-2004, 09:00 PM
I will be in Havazoo @ the BBSP Fri, Sat and Sunday. 10,000 RPM is like music to my ears :D
Come on Out, unless you are scared of those 153" fishin Motahs
BJH:cool:

C-2
01-13-2004, 09:07 PM
Removed

Dusty Times
01-13-2004, 09:48 PM
Can't wait for April for the Spring Heatwave.
Thats the only thing getting me through the winter.

Haullen270
01-13-2004, 10:04 PM
I will definitly be there. I can't hardly wait! Already booked the beach front suite at the Nautical.

C-2
01-14-2004, 01:41 PM
jbtrailerjim
You should participate in the run, there’s nothing to worry about. If you are doing 80, chances are you’ll be out front in the 3rd group…which is wide open water. Even at its roughest, it’s comparable to participating in any manufacturer’s regatta. I’ve ran the Heatwave run, and the SCOPE poker run in the ocean in my 21’ Hallett (where idling out I was caught in 5-6 ft troughs), but the truth is I got just as beat up running the poker run staged at the Hallett regatta on Mead.
The Heatwave poker runs were created to attract boats of all sizes, not just the big guys. That’s what makes the run unique – you don’t need a Skater or a big-ass wad of money to participate, and certainly not to win the $$$. In fact the best video, stories and pics come from the mid-size group of boats between 25’-30’.
Like many things in life, you gotta do it at least once!
:D :D :D

Chris Winn
01-14-2004, 01:43 PM
I'm really looking forward to this. I t will be the 1st run for the new baby (pic attached), but i am allready thinking of upgrading the power for this run (and for the fun this summer)
we will see what fun my wife lets me have at the baot show on the 24th!!!!

jackpunx
01-14-2004, 01:56 PM
Your gonna have a great time. I participated in the fall heatwave.. it was a good time.. My boat beat us up pretty good.. but the Heli pictures and good people were worth it.. This year Im going.. and I will take my boat.. but probably catch a ride on a bigger boat for the poker run.

roln 20s
01-14-2004, 02:31 PM
jackpunx--
I'll have to bum a quick little run next to the sandbar with you in your stoker-- that motor out the top is just awesome. I wish I had of met up with you last time, but I did see the boat and you take off--that was the fastest acceleration I have seen on water (except top fuel hydros)
I will be there again as well- but just as an onlooker. I had a great time at the fall heatwave, and even plan on camping again. One of my best trips ever to Havasu--and its only going to get better.
Even if you are not in it, its a must see!
Roln 20s

LHC30Victory
01-14-2004, 05:02 PM
Wouldn't ya know it, we finally get a boat that can play (not real fast, but play nonetheless) and that weekend I'll be running a 120miler (relay) from Baker to Las Vegas! Just me and about 4000 of my friends :D
If you can't make the water, come watch this run. It's unbelievable!

LAVEYSABRE575
01-14-2004, 11:03 PM
ill be there............

jackpunx
01-15-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by roln 20s
jackpunx--
I'll have to bum a quick little run next to the sandbar with you in your stoker-- that motor out the top is just awesome. I wish I had of met up with you last time, but I did see the boat and you take off--that was the fastest acceleration I have seen on water (except top fuel hydros)
I will be there again as well- but just as an onlooker. I had a great time at the fall heatwave, and even plan on camping again. One of my best trips ever to Havasu--and its only going to get better.
Even if you are not in it, its a must see!
Roln 20s
You got a spot in my ride any time... We'll have to chat a little before hand so that we make sure to hook up this time.. I think the combination of the BBSP and the poker run is going to make this a big weekend.. Should be a blast and defiantly a must see... (For me at least).. The boat takes off quick.. but its as smooth as a Cadillac :D .. I think in the next year or so.. I may drop the quad rotor in it.. I’m ruined for good now.. lol

RACER52
01-15-2004, 09:36 AM
I'm in, this will be the first trip to havasu.
Racer

jackpunx
01-15-2004, 09:55 AM
it will be a blast.. Are you going to do the Poker run? or just hang out

Rock-it man
01-15-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by RACER52
I'm in, this will be the first trip to havasu.
Racer
This is not good !!!! you will be spoiled for life !!! hehehe !!!!to make the spring heatwave your first trip !!!!!
So wheres Boatmaster haveing the BIG PARTY !!!!!!

Steamin' Rice
01-15-2004, 11:27 AM
I'm going to be in Vegas the week before the heatwave, but am trying to arrange my schedule to be able to make this one.. the spring heatwave is always a blast.
C2, have you guys planned the fall heatwave yet??
G

Up 4 River
01-15-2004, 06:23 PM
I'm in for that weekend! :D I will be watching the same way I did at the Fall heatwave and it is a great event. The big boys really know how to create an exciting weekend.

dimarcobros
01-16-2004, 09:26 AM
I am pretty sure I will be sitting right next to Up4River with a beer. :D :D
DMB

CARRERA
01-16-2004, 11:55 AM
You can cout me in on this one........

hulshot
01-17-2004, 11:05 PM
You can count me in again for this year. I just got ht ehall pass from the misses.
Rockit, I want to buy your labbed 32 that I used at Shasta, with the power you are making you cant use it anyway. How much??

Rock-it man
01-18-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by hulshot
You can count me in again for this year. I just got ht ehall pass from the misses.
Rockit, I want to buy your labbed 32 that I used at Shasta, with the power you are making you cant use it anyway. How much??
Wont know what I will need untill we test the new blower on the fresh motor ,the 32 got me to 137 at 6500 rpm so willl have to see. why would you want a 32 I would think a 30 would be best for your application unless you use NOS then the 32 would work unless your just trying to keep the rpms down .

flat broke
01-19-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
I'll probably hitch a ride in one of the big boats... but I'm definately not doing it in a 22 again..
RD
Not doing it in the 22 again eh? So you're gonna run Bubbles instead? That is bad ass Dave :D
Seriously though, the 22 wouldn't have been that bad if you weren't carrying a full crew, and going about 25 mph ;)
If the motor dynos out early enough and its not a thrash to get the Spectra buttoned up, we will be there. I have this thing about wanting to run the snot out of the Spectra in the rough stuff.
Chris

Three Days Only
01-19-2004, 10:35 AM
Im in, and can't wait. Heatwave is always one of my favortie weekends at Havasu.
3DO

Nor-Cal
01-19-2004, 11:52 AM
I'll be there for the BBSP and it's cool to see those big cats blast off for the poker run.
Hulshot, your still more then welcome to try our 30!?!? The last two times to Folsom I have not seem a Ranger or had to pay to get in.. let us know!
-NC

C-2
01-21-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Steamin' Rice
I'm going to be in Vegas the week before the heatwave, but am trying to arrange my schedule to be able to make this one.. the spring heatwave is always a blast.
C2, have you guys planned the fall heatwave yet??
G
Hey what’s up Steamin’
As for the Fall run, nothing set in stone yet, these things are getting harder and harder to pull off with the numerous authorities that require permits (and safety issues are not part of the problem).
You having some scheduling probs on this one?

Mr.Havasu
01-21-2004, 09:28 AM
If the boat is not sold, we will be out there! Might not run in it, don't want to break anything before we sell the boat. But we will be on the water to spectate.
Would love to run in it once before we sell the boat, we'll see.

Tahoe Tunnel Vision
01-21-2004, 12:22 PM
We will be there as always!!! :D Going to stay the entire week before and just relax.
Thanks for putting the effort in, in spite of the problems. We do appreciate it.
Tim

Rock-it man
01-21-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by warlock25
If the boat is not sold, we will be out there! Might not run in it, don't want to break anything before we sell the boat. But we will be on the water to spectate.
Would love to run in it once before we sell the boat, we'll see.
Hey Warlock !!!!! Thats a nice boat didnt know your selling !!!! What ya getting next !!!!! GO ELIMINATOR !!!!:D
I will be there for the Eliminator Regatta may 1 along with the Spring Heatwave ,My boat if full for the Heatwave but your welcome to ride with me in the Poker Run at the Eliminater regatta , I will be making another speed run for 145+ on april 22 or 23 depending on the water conditions. Last time remember they closed the lake on Sat so couldnt make the run for 145+ ,keep the water flat for me !!!!!! hehehe !!! Will have a LOT more power this time ,more than enough !!!!!and if Washed Ashore can get his Rockit ready there will be two of us !!!!
Hey Washed Ashore wanna try for 150 mph at havasu !!!!!!
Oh ! come on ! lets go for it !!!!!! Just you and me !!!!!!
What a rush that would be !!!!!!!! two cats screeming down the lake at 7000rpm , I can feel it right now !!!!!!! YEA!!!!! Hawwwwww!!!!!!!!. Im ready !! Lets rais ethe BAR !!!!!!!Didnt DCB say if ya did that the boat is FREE !!!!!!!! hehehe !!!!

skater40
01-21-2004, 06:56 PM
PREDATOR will be there:wink:

Havasu Hangin'
01-21-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by skater40
PREDATOR will be there...
Wouldn't be a Heatwave without Predator...

Faster Daddy
01-21-2004, 08:36 PM
This will be our 1st time at the Heatwave, 2nd time staying at Nautical. First, I am wondering what the atmosphere is going to be - meaning I am planning on bringing the family. Two kids, girls 13 and 10. Is this a family oriented event or adults only? Should we make plans for the girls to stay with relatives? Second, beaching the boat in the cove? We do have a beach front suite, should I plan on roping off a spot on the beach (seen plenty of boats do it at the Wildcard Run) or should I expect to put the boat back on the trailer at night.
I'm sure some of you have more experience at the Nautical, and I'm not looking forward to getting into any pissing matches.

skater 32
01-22-2004, 05:07 AM
B'yond Reason will be there

C-2
01-22-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Faster Daddy
This will be our 1st time at the Heatwave, 2nd time staying at Nautical. First, I am wondering what the atmosphere is going to be - meaning I am planning on bringing the family. Two kids, girls 13 and 10. Is this a family oriented event or adults only? Should we make plans for the girls to stay with relatives? Second, beaching the boat in the cove? We do have a beach front suite, should I plan on roping off a spot on the beach (seen plenty of boats do it at the Wildcard Run) or should I expect to put the boat back on the trailer at night.
I'm sure some of you have more experience at the Nautical, and I'm not looking forward to getting into any pissing matches.
Fasterdaddy
The event has always been kid friendly and we encourage participation by the entire family. There is always a fair amount of kids and teenagers there (keep in eye on those girls…I know there some teenage boys always trolling around there too :eek: :mad: :eek: )
As far as beaching your boat, the Nautical has opened up and dredged the beach in front of the condo’s; there’s plenty of room there to beach your boat. Also, the Nautical has there own crude but useable launch, no need to waste money over at the marina.
As for parking in the cove…..yup, everybody ropes off their spots. People are starting to arrive on Wednesday, so by Thursday evening the Nautical cove is pretty much blasted. Not worth the headache IMO.
Keep in mind this is the largest event staged at the Nautical. Take any regatta, double it in size and you have the Heatwave.

Three Days Only
01-22-2004, 09:37 AM
Running extra good I hope!!!!!!! Predator always puts on a good show!!!!

jackpunx
01-22-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Three Days Only
Are youg going to break your boat in next week?..

Three Days Only
01-22-2004, 09:42 AM
Im not sure, Im looking at running it the weekend of Feb 6, 7 in a undisclosed location. ;) LOL. Engines go in towards the later part of next week, Hopefully :)
I have been without the boat for so long, I have considered going to therapy to control my new anger disorder!!!!!:mad:
3DO

jackpunx
01-22-2004, 10:13 AM
LOL.. we are going to the kart track this sunday if your interested.. It will be a lot of fun.. but I'll hand your ass to you and you'll be pissed:D

Three Days Only
01-22-2004, 04:27 PM
Its all about ANGER MANGEMENT my friend. It does not help when the ADD kicks in at the same time either. I may be intrested in trying to let you pass me, so I can smash your ass into the wall. Just remember the only thing im going to be thinking is "You must be fast, because I was hauling ass when I passed you". I will call you later tonight.
3DO

jackpunx
01-22-2004, 04:30 PM
You must be fast, because I was hauling ass when I passed you". I will call you later tonight.
LOL.. I have that shirt..

Three Days Only
01-23-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by jackpunx
LOL.. I have that shirt..
So Do I!!!!!!!! Are you going to the boat show tommorow?

jackpunx
01-23-2004, 11:40 AM
Yea.. I'll be there.. Meet me at the ultra booth at 11 .. or call my cell when you get there

jackpunx
01-23-2004, 12:07 PM
Its all about ANGER MANGEMENT my friend. It does not help when the ADD kicks in at the same time either. I may be intrested in trying to let you pass me, so I can smash your ass into the wall. Just remember the only thing im going to be thinking is "You must be fast, because I was hauling ass when I passed you". I will call you later tonight.
3DO
Hey Jeff,
Yea.. We are going to Moran.. Its a new track out by palm springs.
We should have a bunch of cars.. I know that we will at least bring 4. One of them is an automatic.. (Much easier to learn on) the others are shifters.. Have you done it before?.. You have a lot of Dirt bike experiece..so it will be easy for you.. But I must warn you.. Be prepared to be strung out on it (its a blast) .. And schooled like a bitch:D

Three Days Only
01-23-2004, 02:27 PM
Hey Jeff,
Yea.. We are going to Moran.. Its a new track out by palm springs.
We should have a bunch of cars.. I know that we will at least bring 4. One of them is an automatic.. (Much easier to learn on) the others are shifters.. Have you done it before?.. You have a lot of Dirt bike experiece..so it will be easy for you.. But I must warn you.. Be prepared to be strung out on it (its a blast) .. And schooled like a bitch:D
I guess you will have to school me then. Im going to check with the old lady, to see if im free on sunday. Maybe I can get my old 1997 CRG 125 back on loan for a day from my buddy, and then I would not have a be a bitch and borrow a ride!!!! Plus my old ride smoked. Are you guys running 80's or 125's. I thought when you said you were going kart racing you were just going somewhere to rent and hash it out like Havasu hot laps. I had no idea you guys were into serious kart racing. I would love to start doing that again, but the wife would kill me. Between the sand, boating and kart racing I would end up divorced.

jackpunx
01-23-2004, 02:42 PM
Nice.. Get the CRG.. Freagin sandbagger.... didnt tell me that you had done it.. lol.. Get your hall pass and roll with us.. you can drive my 125.. We'll be bringing an extra Rotax 125 maybe 2 of them.. either way.. they are all fast....and dont worry.. when its all said and done. you can stash your new kart in the garage.. with ours..

Tom Slick
01-23-2004, 04:08 PM
Karting is for FAGS:D

Three Days Only
01-23-2004, 05:50 PM
Nice.. Get the CRG.. Freagin sandbagger.... didnt tell me that you had done it.. lol.. Get your hall pass and roll with us.. you can drive my 125.. We'll be bringing an extra Rotax 125 maybe 2 of them.. either way.. they are all fast....and dont worry.. when its all said and done. you can stash your new kart in the garage.. with ours..
I wont be buying anything after the wife relizes how much money just went into our boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who said anything about sandbagging? You never asked, you just assumed!!!! Rotax 125's, nice rides. That will put me into the grass for sure!!! No I understand why you put that whipple in your boat, your a speed freak. It has been over 5 years since Ive been at the controls of one of those g-force freaks. I will probably just go sliding into the infield.
Jeff

Three Days Only
01-23-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Tom Slick
Slick, your just so cute when your mad.

Tom Slick
01-23-2004, 06:19 PM
I'm not mad sweetheart, I'm just frustrated that I haven't received my parts yet. I guess you are holding out in an effort to get me to come out to your shop so that you can see me.:D
P.S. Go karts are GAY!!!:p

You Te
01-24-2004, 08:14 PM
I'll be at BBSP to watch the big blocks kick those outboards ass.:eek:
You Te

jackpunx
01-26-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Tom Slick
Sounds like he's a little upset still.. I think the last time he went.. He couldnt fit into the seat:D
We had a great time.. Moran is a sick track (fast)

Tom Slick
01-26-2004, 10:08 AM
You ain't kidden about the seat. I used to use a #2, now I wonder if I would even fit a #4.:D
So what's the haps? Are you going to sign up for that ne 450 or what? Quit dicken around with those little 4-wheelers and lets go MOTO.:D

jackpunx
01-26-2004, 10:17 AM
LOL.. yea.. I have to get a new truck first.. then the bike will come next for sure.. probably in the next few months.. Not in the same hurry I was before.. till I get the truck at least.
BUt next time just come with us for shits and giggles..

C-2
02-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Who?
Just kidding.
After the last poker run I put a post about the story of our ride on Predator;
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28503
Here is one pic, more on the link above;
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1132gauges8-med.jpg
In all fairness Gary, maybe this time we'll ask for a ride on Mike's DCB! :eek: :eek:

Boatjob26
02-02-2004, 12:46 PM
Predator is going to have atleast one boat to maybe give them a run for their money. John Peterson is bringing his PX racer, a 37 Talon with twin 1350's. 3/4 canopies, fully raced out. Runs solid in the 150's consistently, should be a great time seeing him out there.

C-2
02-03-2004, 08:22 AM
B'Yond Reason is also gonna be there again, last time they tore some ass on the lake....I think they hit 162? Nice guys that whole Texas posse.
Bruce Bullock (also from Texas) is coming out with some of his clients, be interesting to see what they bring.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Three Days Only
02-04-2004, 10:14 AM
If the big boys all can run togther and actually make the run. Theres going to be some serious hardware runnin hard this year, I can not wait. Predator's going to have some serious competion.
As always, im sure Mr. Smith will put on a good show.
3DO

Rock-it man
02-04-2004, 10:45 AM
If the big boys all can run togther and actually make the run. Theres going to be some serious hardware runnin hard this year, I can not wait. Predator's going to have some serious competion.
3DO
What about all us little guys !!!!!!!!:D Dont we count !!!!! guess I should just stay home !!!!! NOTT !!!!!! I wont be first but wont be last !!!!! either !!!!:p

Three Days Only
02-04-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Rock-it man
What about all us little guys !!!!!!!!:D Dont we count !!!!! guess I should just stay home !!!!! NOTT !!!!!! I wont be first but wont be last !!!!! either !!!!:p
Anyone runnin over 120mph is a big boy in my book!!!!!!!
You qualify!!!!!!!!! Rock-it-man
3DO

jackpunx
02-04-2004, 01:32 PM
over 120?.. for how long?

eliminatedsprinter
02-04-2004, 01:58 PM
I see you're getting tempted again......;)

Rock-it man
02-04-2004, 02:05 PM
over 120?.. for how long?
125 mph all day long !!!!!:D If the water conditions allow !!!! 140+ only under perfect conditions !!! I cant be tempted anymore but I can be tricked once in a while !!! hehehe !! by a pretty face !!!! hehehe !!!

jackpunx
02-04-2004, 02:13 PM
Damm... :D

Rock-it man
02-08-2004, 04:30 PM
So it sounds like Predator is gonna have to really run this time as the East Coast Big Buys are comming !!! Thats gonna be fun to see and just think I will be right behind them !!!! Im gonna try and set up a video cam on my engine cover to get some of it on film !!

Rock-it man
02-08-2004, 05:37 PM
From what I here there will be some serious compitition for the Predator this year .Its hard to stay on top with the hardware out there today, I plan on running as hard as I can ,made several practice runs at 125+ all the way last summer but those big cats may mess up the water so will try for at least the first single eng cat there !!!! Pray for no wind !!!!!!

Havasu Hangin'
02-08-2004, 05:53 PM
Anyone runnin over 120mph is a big boy in my book!!!!!!!
You qualify!!!!!!!!! Rock-it-man
3GO-
So you gonna make it??????? I hear you're runnin' with the big dogs now!!!!!!!
Ole HH might be out there!!!!!!

C-2
02-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Rock-it man
From what I here there will be some serious compitition for the Predator this year .Its hard to stay on top with the hardware out there today, I plan on running as hard as I can ,made several practice runs at 125+ all the way last summer but those big cats may mess up the water so will try for at least the first single eng cat there !!!! Pray for no wind !!!!!!
The east coasters have been talking about taking bragging rights for the past 4 or 5 events - but it has never happened. There has been other boats with the same or even more horsepower, but they never seem to be out front.
Rock-it-man, you gotta lotta energy and sounds like your boat is running hard, I think you're right about the first boat down with a single engine only. Once you clear Havasu Palms, you should be able to find some open water. Oh yeah, keep an eye out for the spray from the big cats around Pilot Rock....lotsa zig-zagging going on there and you don't need to suck in a healthy dose of the drink.
I can hook you up with an onboard cam, check your PM.

C-2
02-08-2004, 08:32 PM
Rock-it-man
Here is a vid of an onboard cam that Marv set up. Not sure if you've seen it yet, but it kicks ass!
Video (http://www.american***boats.com/Video/Predator.wmv)

Three Days Only
02-09-2004, 10:08 AM
I love that video. Gary just gets it on!!!!!

Rock-it man
02-09-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by C-2
The east coasters have been talking about taking bragging rights for the past 4 or 5 events - but it has never happened. There has been other boats with the same or even more horsepower, but they never seem to be out front.
Rock-it-man, you gotta lotta energy and sounds like your boat is running hard, I think you're right about the first boat down with a single engine only. Once you clear Havasu Palms, you should be able to find some open water. Oh yeah, keep an eye out for the spray from the big cats around Pilot Rock....lotsa zig-zagging going on there and you don't need to suck in a healthy dose of the drink.
I can hook you up with an onboard cam, check your PM.
Checked PM no messages ???
I made a few practice runs all the way down last Oct ,if the water is good can make a real fast run , just wondering how bad the wakes are behind the big cats ,not woried about the V-Hulls as they will be behind me !!!! hehehe !!! Who was the first single engine boat to the first stop last year ? This will be my first Heat Wave, will there be a lot of traffic comming toward us in the first run down or are the spectator boats mostly parked for the show.
The more info the better. Remember im just an Itty Bitty Kitty
Datona 26 ,what knd of speeds have any of you guys with cats ran in the run to the first stop ???? Thanks :D

Mr.Havasu
02-09-2004, 01:41 PM
Rocketman, you are going to love this run!
The big cats can do 160+ won't be much wake left by the time we get there:D Actually last time they didn't go that fast once they got out ahead they just cruised. Some of the real bad boys broke down the day before so there wasn't a big race among the ones left. But this year...Look out!
I think if you cruise at about 110 you will pretty much leave the field and not have a problem with wakes. You might run into the second wave on your way back and that will get a little choppy. Most of the spectator boats are out of the way, but every once in a while someone will be out in the middle of no where without a clue. Remember it's not a close course, I think last time there was even a fishing tournament going on, you should have seen the looks on there faces when 44' cats starting flying by while they were trying to fish:eek:
Have fun, Be safe!

Tom Slick
02-09-2004, 01:59 PM
What Warlock25 said. Be carefull in the smaller boat. There are a lot of rouge waves out there, as there is a bunch of lake traffic. The last thing the lake needs right now is some hot shot trying to hang with the big boats and getting into trouble. Have fun.

Rock-it man
02-09-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by warlock25
Rocketman, you are going to love this run!
The big cats can do 160+ won't be much wake left by the time we get there:D Actually last time they didn't go that fast once they got out ahead they just cruised. Some of the real bad boys broke down the day before so there wasn't a big race among the ones left. But this year...Look out!
I think if you cruise at about 110 you will pretty much leave the field and not have a problem with wakes. You might run into the second wave on your way back and that will get a little choppy. Most of the spectator boats are out of the way, but every once in a while someone will be out in the middle of no where without a clue. Remember it's not a close course, I think last time there was even a fishing tournament going on, you should have seen the looks on there faces when 44' cats starting flying by while they were trying to fish:eek:
Have fun, Be safe!
Thanks for the heads up !!! Is that all it takes (110) to be the first down there .I would think 125+ might get me close as theres so many boats claiming 130 mph now,My motor is pumped up a little more than when you saw me run last time ,now I can cruise at 135 if the water allowes it ,its now sporting a Quad rotor Whipple,598 cu in 20lbs boost on race gas ,That should do it.We will know before the Heatwave What the top speed will be,so may not be trying for a speed run there ,will just have to wait and see. After the first run to the first stop I will slow down and just have fun ,I heard its all about the fastest to the first stop !!! anyway !!!
Not to worry Tom ,I have tons of experience heck I just got my boating licencse this summer and have been out in the boat twice now !!!!--------------Just Kidding !! wont be doing anythig stupid on my end !!! Just want to have some fun ,I bet its going to be a riot to watch at the ramp !!!!! my favoriate think to do !!!!

C-2
02-09-2004, 04:21 PM
3DO
Yup, here Mr. Smith can be seen tearing it up on Saturday!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1132garypontoon-med.jpg
Is that the feared wake everybody needs to look out for? :eek: :eek: :eek:
I think this boat is actually Predator II?
Sorry Gary :p :p :p

Three Days Only
02-09-2004, 06:06 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!!! Funny Stuff

skater40
02-09-2004, 07:28 PM
C2- We still had a good time watching the boats from the pontoon boat.We were dying when we saw the lead boats doing around 130.The best place to watch is across from sand point on the cali side.Long straight coming at you and after the right turn, a real long straight in front of you.Its also where most of the engines blow;)
We should be testing at lake pleasant and havasu by mid to late march.Let me know how that ride in the F-34 compares to the ri
de you had in oct.:)
rockit man-At 20 lbs of boost your motor should blow by copper canyon.The crowd will love it.:eek!: Talk about a grenade-be safe -its more fun to finish all 5 card stops and take your boat home for a oil change and valve adjustment than to blow a motor in the first mile.

Rock-it man
02-10-2004, 08:07 AM
C2- We still had a good time watching the boats from the pontoon boat.We were dying when we saw the lead boats doing around 130.The best place to watch is across from sand point on the cali side.Long straight coming at you and after the right turn, a real long straight in front of you.Its also where most of the engines blow;)
We should be testing at lake pleasant and havasu by mid to late march.Let me know how that ride in the F-34 compares to the ri
de you had in oct.:)
rockit man-At 20 lbs of boost your motor should blow by copper canyon.The crowd will love it.:eek!: Talk about a grenade-be safe -its more fun to finish all 5 card stops and take your boat home for a oil change and valve adjustment than to blow a motor in the first mile.
Your Right I cant run the distance at 20 lbs without breaking,though the motor is capable of 20lbs and will have it set there for the up coming speed trials, at the Poker Run will probably run around 12 lbs ,when I had the 1471 on it ,could run 125-127 at havasu set at 12 lbs on 110 fuel. With the Quad at 12 lbs should be able to run a little better and I will know before I get there.There will be four of us in the boat for the poker run as I like a little more weight for that run. Im getting excited now only 74 days to Havasu !!!! Yea !!!!! Haw !!!!!!!!!:D

RUNFAST
02-17-2004, 12:10 PM
Sounds like a great run so we are flying in from NY to participate and deliver a new NORDIC 35 to the customer for the run.

Havasu Cig
02-17-2004, 12:30 PM
We ran it a few years ago in our 26' DCB and it was pretty rough. We started mid pack and had to work our way through. I tryed to stay on the outside in clean water, but it was a rough ride until we got closer to the front. We averaged in the mid 90's, and were able to run over 100 once we found clean water.
We will be spectating from our slow Cig with the video camera again this year.
:cool:

fourspeednup
02-17-2004, 12:33 PM
Talked to jackpunx and roln20s over the weekend and they convinced me to come out and watch the carnage! Predator had better watch out, the brendella jet is sporting some new power:D :D :D
Just kidding, should be a good show though:cool:

jackpunx
02-17-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
Talked to jackpunx and roln20s over the weekend and they convinced me to come out and watch the carnage! Predator had better watch out, the brendella jet is sporting some new power:D :D :D
Just kidding, should be a good show though:cool:
LOL. what do you mean "just kidding".. When the oil stays the right color.. that thing is going to halllllll assssssssss!!:D
Thanks again for hanging out w me and showing me around last week.

fourspeednup
02-17-2004, 01:20 PM
LOL. what do you mean "just kidding".. When the oil stays the right color.. that thing is going to halllllll assssssssss!!:D
Thanks again for hanging out w me and showing me around last week.
Now you just gotta come out to the river so you can show me what 118 mph feels like;)

jackpunx
02-17-2004, 01:50 PM
NP.. you can sit in my boat.. and I'll pull you down the freeway:D
We'll be down for sure..and we'll go for a ride or 3

jackpunx
02-17-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
Now you just gotta come out to the river so you can show me what 118 mph feels like;)
shhhh... it only goes 85

CrazyHippy
02-18-2004, 07:22 PM
I only saw 84.3 on the radar gun... Stop trying to make that thing sound fast:eek: :D :cool:
BJ(Wish i was faster)H
And BBSP is where the Quick boats will be. Bring the Big Ol Skater up :D There are several little boats willing to hand you your backside:D :eek:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-18-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by C-2
Rock-it-man
Here is a vid of an onboard cam that Marv set up. Not sure if you've seen it yet, but it kicks ass!
Video (http://www.american***boats.com/Video/Predator.wmv)
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT IS A KICK ASS VIDEO :eek: :D :eek!:

jackpunx
02-19-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by CrazyHippy
I only saw 84.3 on the radar gun... Stop trying to make that thing sound fast:eek: :D :cool:
BJ(Wish i was faster)H
And BBSP is where the Quick boats will be. Bring the Big Ol Skater up :D There are several little boats willing to hand you your backside:D :eek:
I'll bring my skater too:D ..
I dont think I'll be one of the quick boats out there.. Ive seen some of them run.. and I deff wont be the flattie.. But I'll be happy watchen.. Im not going to kill my drive trying to keep up to you CH.. I think your going to have a spade in your back pocket:D

roln 20s
02-19-2004, 08:40 AM
shhhh... it only goes 85
Even if it only goes 85, I still want a ride :D
I can't wait for this Poker Run- I'll be watching from my 40 mph ski boat again (not GPS verified yet-hehe).
Roln 20s

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-21-2004, 08:35 AM
Where the best place to watch the run

Salty Cracker
02-21-2004, 09:01 AM
I like about 1/2 mile south of Steamboat on the California side, it's a nice straight away...
Thats where we'll be, in what boat... I don't know yet!!

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Salty Cracker
I like about 1/2 mile south of Steamboat on the California side, it's a nice straight away...
Thats where we'll be, in what boat... I don't know yet!!
Thanks I will be there with the blender going :cool:

jdnichols
02-22-2004, 01:58 PM
List Deleted as requested by Hot Boat Staff.
Jim Nichols

Steamin' Rice
02-23-2004, 02:51 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how to make it, but it's looking like I may have to miss this heatwave due to a business trip.
It sounds like some kick ass boats are going to be there, I'll be there if I can.....

Rock-it man
02-23-2004, 04:19 PM
Great list there so far ,so who do you think will outrun Predator this year !!!!! hehehe Wish I owned a gass station to provide all the 110+ fuel there !!!!!!!! cause its gonna take a bunch !!!!:D to just get all those boats through the Pokerrun !! I know ill probably use 200 + gals for the weekend of the good stuff (110)
Maybe I should charge for rides this time !!!! I dont think a lot of people know how much an hour it costs to run these BEASTS. At WOT I figure I would burn over 75 gal per hr,I know a 1/4 tank just gets a short run down the lake and back,so I figure its costs aprox $ 30 to $ 50 for just a short ride and not too far either !!!!
Guess ya gotta have a passion for these boats to be able to justify the costs !!!! cause ya really CANT justify it. hehehe !!!!
Sure beats watching from shore though !!!!!!! hehehe !!!:D

P P R
02-23-2004, 05:08 PM
wayne , its only fuel its ment to burn!

Rock-it man
02-24-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by P P R
wayne , its only fuel its ment to burn!
OH !!!!! did I forget to tell ya that theres a FEE for riding in the Poker Run !!!!!! hehehe !!!!:D Will let you know what its is just before ya all get aboard !!! and if ya get your Pic in the Magazine the FEE doubles !!! $$$$$$$$$

RUNFAST
02-24-2004, 02:17 PM
Maybe you guys can glue me in to the skinny on reserving a "non-reservable spot" in the cove for the boat at the NAUTICAL INN. I am getting way too many variations on how this works. I know it's first come first serve but if someone is out on the water is that spot open or does an easy up and some towels at the water line designate the spot is taken for the 4 days? We azre flying in on Thursady night and would like to know our options before we get there.
Thanx :D

jackpunx
02-24-2004, 02:30 PM
Well,, There is supposed to be no saving spots.. but everyone does. I parked there last year.. Some of the people would tie off floaties with rope to insure their spot. I and a lot of other people just dropped buoy’s and stayed off shore. There are a lot of dumb asses that will leave their boats just about anywhere and there will be some folkers trying to pick fights to save spots for their friends.. I wouldn’t really worry about it to much, once I found my spot I never had to move… just minor adjustments to stay away from other boats. They have their own ramp.. and you can pull your boat out if your not comfortable with the spot you got. I have never had to pull my boat out and I stay there all the time.
Good luck

jdnichols
02-24-2004, 02:48 PM
Information Deleted per Hot Boat Staff request.
Jim Nichols

SCOPE
02-24-2004, 05:21 PM
Big SCOPE group going again this year........we'll see you there!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

RUNFAST
02-25-2004, 07:02 AM
Hey Jim N.
Check your PM's........

Rock-it man
03-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Did ya all see the list so far !!!!! WOW !!!! theres some BAD !!!! hardware coming makes me feel a little inadaquit with my little 26 Datona :( Hope the water is smooth enough for me to run hard !!!:p
I still have two rooms reserved at Island INN that I wont need is anybody needs rooms for the Heat Wave.

RUNFAST
03-10-2004, 07:16 AM
Information Deleted per Hot Boat Staff request.
HMMMMMM !
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Any link to an updated list of participants?

carreraelite
03-10-2004, 07:58 AM
http://www.american***boats.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=77&view=next

RUNFAST
03-10-2004, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the link CARRERAELITE.
Looks like it's gonna be a fun time......nice collection of machines.....can't wait!

burtandnancy
03-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Rocketman, I hope you burn AT Least 75 gallons/hour at WOT. Isn't the furmula something like 100 lbs fuel per 100 hp? At 75 gph I think you'll be a little lean. I'm going to go back an look up the weight of gas again...