PDA

View Full Version : Anodized Fittings

Greaser
01-13-2004, 02:52 PM
I am looking to redo the plumbing on my Southwind, and was wondering if anyone had a hook up on anodized fittings, and steel braided lines. Thanks

Bense468
01-13-2004, 03:32 PM
PM Superdave. Although I am sure he will see this and respond.

Jetboatguru
01-13-2004, 03:33 PM
Greaser,
Superdave has everything you need. Bad ass fittings at the cheapest price. Call him or Larry Nebb.
I would PM Superdave

superdave013
01-13-2004, 10:24 PM
I do have other stuff to but most of it can be seen right here.
click click (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=superdave013&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1)

superdave013
01-13-2004, 10:32 PM
LOL, thanks for the plug guys.
Larry Nebb has not bought any of these but he did say that Jim Anderson is happy with his. LMAO

SANGER-RICH
01-14-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
I do have other stuff to but most of it can be seen right here.
click click (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=superdave013&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1)
Do you have braided steel lines as well as the fittings? Also Im into inches, how do you convert 3/4 or 5/8ths to the numbers for the sizes on the fittings and braided lines???????? anybody have a chart??????????:confused: :confused: :confused:

Rexone
01-14-2004, 05:15 PM
It's very easy. They are 1/16's of an inch.
-4 = 4/16 = 1/4
-6 = 6/16 = 3/8
-8 = 8/16 = 1/2
-10 = 10/16 = 5/8
-12 = 12/16 = 3/4
-16 = 16/16 - 1"
etc.
In reality the id of the hose actually runs a hair smaller than the AN callout size.

superdave013
01-14-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by SANGER-RICH
Do you have braided steel lines as well as the fittings? Also Im into inches, how do you convert 3/4 or 5/8ths to the numbers for the sizes on the fittings and braided lines???????? anybody have a chart??????????:confused: :confused: :confused:
No I do not at this time. I'm starting out slow and building up as I go. My fittings seem to work best with Russel or Aeroquip hose.
The next batch will have my new logo laser etched in them. Should be pretty cool. Also I'll have polished red/blue and the gun metal gray with black B nut. Those gray / black are really sharp.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/9-6_black_gray-med.jpg

SANGER-RICH
01-14-2004, 06:00 PM
Will the grey and black hold up better in the sun then the red and blue???

SANGER-RICH
01-14-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
In reality the id of the hose actually runs a hair smaller than the AN callout size.
What is AN callout size:confused: ;) ;)

Rexone
01-14-2004, 06:09 PM
The sizes I posted above...
-8 for example is suppose to be 1/2" id on the hose. In reality it is just a touch smaller than 1/2".

superdave013
01-14-2004, 06:30 PM
Will the grey and black hold up better in the sun then the red and blue???
Yes, they will hold up much better then the polished red and blue's. They are sandblasted before the anno and that seems to help I think. I have a sandblasted red blue fitting that has been in my back yard for over 4 months now. It has not fadded on bit yet. But I'm scraping that finish because everyone likes the shinny / polished look of the red blues even though they don't hold up as well in the sun. Cars don't have the sun problem and for every boat guy I sell to I sell to 25 car guys.
This gray black is a new deal that so far know one else has. I'm taking the chance that it will catch on.
I do have some in polished nickel right now too. They are really sharp but when they are gone they are gone. Maybe down the road when I free up some more cash I can stock them too.

Morg
01-14-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
No I do not at this time. I'm starting out slow and building up as I go. My fittings seem to work best with Russel or Aeroquip hose.
The next batch will have my new logo laser etched in them. Should be pretty cool. Also I'll have polished red/blue and the gun metal gray with black B nut. Those gray / black are really sharp.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/9-6_black_gray-med.jpg
I'm dig'n the gray & black,
Do you have prices?
Does the gray color match any pipe adapters??
I am looking at using hose like Earls pro-lite 350, -black woven. Will your fittings work???

Lookin for Liquid
01-14-2004, 08:09 PM
AN stands for Army Navy callout numbers for there specific print on AN parts such as fittings. When they are made they have to meet the guidelines of a blueprint. The same applies for NAS and MS type parts such as NAS 12 point bolts and MS type washers. I believe NAS stands for Naval Air Standards and MS stands for Military Standards. Your typical AN fitting will have a number after the AN which will designate which configuration or style of fitting(straight,45 or 90) and the dash number will be the size( 6,8,10). Hope this helps.

DaveA
01-14-2004, 10:47 PM
I heard that Jim Anderson plumbed his taco wagon with these new fittings. Baddest looking stove installation in Arizona.
SD, is that true??
:D :D :D

Rexone
01-15-2004, 12:09 AM
I heard that too. I think he squirts the salza under high pressure on the tacos. I think he also has a fire suppression system plumbed into the grease fans in case the tacos explode or something. Wouldn't want to burn the wagon down.

superdave013
01-15-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by DaveA
I heard that Jim Anderson plumbed his taco wagon with these new fittings. Baddest looking stove installation in Arizona.
SD, is that true??
:D :D :D
Yup, all in -20 too. We had then annoed purple to match the fittings on his K boat :eek: :D :eek:

superdave013
01-15-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Morg
I'm dig'n the gray & black,
Do you have prices?
Does the gray color match any pipe adapters??
I am looking at using hose like Earls pro-lite 350, -black woven. Will your fittings work???
I've never tried Earls pro lite hose. But like I said, these fittings seem to work best with Aeroquip and Russel hose.
Good point about the pipe adapters. Maybe I should get some of those in black anno too.
Bear with me for a bit on the prices. I just changed my source to factory direct and I'll have to wait to see what the shipping and duty will cost before I put out a firm price list. It will be smoking as I'll go to Long Beach to pick them up and I plan to warehouse them in my extra garage for now. That all = very low over head so I should be able to give dealers and speed shops rippen deals. That savings should get passed on to everyone.
One of my objectives is to set up a bunch of speed shops so they can sell at mail order prices and still turn a profit. I don't know about you guys but I love the local speed shops and I hate the fact that mail order is starting to make the local shop a rare breed.
I'm pretty stoked right now as real soon I should have a the sample fittings with my new logo on it. You guys are watching the birth of SuperD Performance Plumbing, Inc right before your eyes.

Morg
01-15-2004, 09:07 AM
SD,
I am probable 2 months out on needing to plumb the new boat. If you could get a line on black adapters by then I will be a happy boy.
1 of the 2 Summit stores is 5 miles away from my house. I will drive much further than that to support the small shops. I look at it this way, If I spend more for a part, I am investing in being able to have a knowledgable reaource.
I really dig what you are trying to do.
Are you going to sell direct or through retailers?
-BTW, Is it an oxy moron to spell knowledgable wrong?
Morg.

Bense468
01-15-2004, 10:50 AM
Superdave those black and grey ones are bad ass. If you still have those when I am ready to build my boat then I am coming to you. I like them just because they are different.

superdave013
01-15-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Bense468
Superdave those black and grey ones are bad ass. If you still have those when I am ready to build my boat then I am coming to you. I like them just because they are different.
I sure hope to have them. I'm placing the mother load order on Monday. They say it will take 45 days for me to get them.

superdave013
01-15-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Morg
SD,
I am probable 2 months out on needing to plumb the new boat. If you could get a line on black adapters by then I will be a happy boy.
1 of the 2 Summit stores is 5 miles away from my house. I will drive much further than that to support the small shops. I look at it this way, If I spend more for a part, I am investing in being able to have a knowledgable reaource.
I really dig what you are trying to do.
Are you going to sell direct or through retailers?
-BTW, Is it an oxy moron to spell knowledgable wrong?
Morg.
I'm pretty sure I can get them in black pretty easy.
And yes, I will be selling them direct for sure. I wish I had 50 retailers all lined up but I don't. And I'm not even going to go talk to any of them until I have all the fittings in my hands and they check out ok.

Done Flippin
01-15-2004, 02:40 PM
Hey if you are the guy thats at the LB swap meet I need a mess of goods to plumb a new boat complete asap, Do you have any stock in the standard red and blue. Please PM me with your info. If not its off to TMR again $$$.
Thanks.

superdave013
01-15-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Done Flippin
Hey if you are the guy thats at the LB swap meet I need a mess of goods to plumb a new boat complete asap, Do you have any stock in the standard red and blue. Please PM me with your info. If not its off to TMR again $$$.
Thanks.
Yup, that's me. I do have red and blue in stock right now. What you saw at the swapmeet is what I have. I'll hook ya up.
Just give me a ring at 714 814 2503.

BGMAN203
01-15-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
I heard that too. I think he squirts his salza under high pressure on the tacos.
Thats a visual I didn't wanna see!!:eek: