PDA

View Full Version : Let's do a Fiesta Island get together!

78Eliminator
01-14-2004, 09:17 AM
In San Diego, it would be cool if a bunch of us got together with our 19' boats (not excluding the bigger ones of course) and we could all boat around the harbor. That is, if you aren't afraid of a little salt water. It is really a beautiful little ride. I took a zodiac inflatable with a 35HP Mercury one time and it was a blast. What do you guys think? Anyone game?
If you are really paranoid about the salt, we could all go to San Vicente right after to flush out the salt.......

77charger
01-14-2004, 04:39 PM
I work down in sd and i drove by the mission bay area a while back and saw a group of older guys getting ready to launch their jet boats.Seems alot of people go there on the weekends i have a couisin who lives in pb he use to take his 16ft ski boat with an o/b out there to wakeboard.Never had a prob.

Lightning
01-14-2004, 04:41 PM
I'm down to go, if you have a seat in your boat for me. My boat is in the storage in Yuma right now.

TheEduKATor
01-14-2004, 05:50 PM
My bro and I have taken the boat out into Fiesta Island about 7 times and haven't had a problem. It's a nice little oval route with no speed limit. The only concern in all those damn people on water roaches. It gets pretty packed on the weekend and there is not a lot of room if you have to swerve to avoid them. Just be careful on the back part of the island towards Sea World and Ski beach. Jet skiers come flying off the shore because there is not really a no wake area by the ski beach launch ramp and shore area. Other than that, they have one patrol boat and we have never seen that boat pull anyone over and we've been in the water until 9 or 10 p.m. a few times. We've been out there for the Over the Line tournament, and just off weekends, and it is always packed. I'm not sure about now because of the colder weather, but it is definately fun times. And it is FREE to launch and park.

Ziggy
01-14-2004, 05:59 PM
Hey EduKater,
Not trying to hijack here but I just noticed in December's HB mag the picture of our Commander regatta(which was supposed to be Eliminators). You are about 4 boats over from me...I'm the one with arms up, wife in pink on back deck with our daughter. Wished I'd noticed you then and came over to say hi.
Later
Ok, back to our regularly scheduled programming:D

Mandelon
01-14-2004, 07:12 PM
Count me in. We used to go to Mission Bay a lot. We often go in the evenings to Fiesta Island for bonfires. I bring a big load of wood and stop by KFC for chicken and a 12-er of tecates!
Remember NO BOTTLES. $40 fine. :(
There is a small cove just west of the north Ingraham Street bridge. Its on the old Princess Isle hotel site, but it is a public beach. Now its called Paradise Point. Clean sand, no people, (except for a few guests) There is even a parking lot and bathrooms. Even on the most crowded weekends there are spaces. It is in a no wake zone so you're boat isnt' getting pummeled all day either. IN the map below it is right where it saysParadise point resort.
http://www.sandiegan.com/images/MissionBayImages/Mission%20Bay%20Map.gif
http://www.sannet.gov/lifeguards/graphics/mbay1.jpg
http://www.sandiegan.com/images/MissionBayImages/MissionBayMain.jpg

svlperry
01-14-2004, 07:35 PM
just to let u guys know there is a launch ramp about a block from paradise point

CMABadseed
01-14-2004, 08:09 PM
anyone who has some little dingy or a ride they dont mind putting in Saltwater....as soon as the weather warms up check out humphreys concerts.
free show from the water.....cool alternative to a mundane night out!
www.humphreysconcerts.com
around march of so they will put a new schedule up now i think its the old one.

78Eliminator
01-15-2004, 09:06 AM
Nice map Mandelon! I went ahead and saved that picture. Well, when I get my boat back with the new interior, I am definately down for a little trip. Just let me know and I am there!!!!
The Humphrey's thing sounds pretty cool too. Take the boat out, bring some wine and kick back and pretend I am cultured....:D ;)

89checkmate
01-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Lightning
I'm down to go, if you have a seat in your boat for me. My boat is in the storage in Yuma right now.
Quick question..... Where do you store your boat in Yuma? how much do they charge? is it indoor or outdoor?
thanks

TheEduKATor
01-15-2004, 11:39 PM
Ziggy,
Yeah the (Commander/Eliminator) regatta was cool. Thanks to Hot Boat we got to be in the magazine twice which I'm happy about and I have a rare Commandinator Kat. You and the wife should have walked over, we had 5 gallons of Slurricanes flowing. Maybe next time.

Ziggy
01-16-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by CMABadseed
anyone who has some little dingy or a ride they dont mind putting in Saltwater....as soon as the weather warms up check out humphreys concerts.
free show from the water.....cool alternative to a mundane night out!
www.humphreysconcerts.com
around march of so they will put a new schedule up now i think its the old one.
We San Diego county BMW dealers are the Title sponsor to these concerts..they normally run May through October. Very cool venue and a very diverse line up of shows, from big band to reggae and everything in between, some comedian acts too. Its fun to see the "floaters" next to the venue, kayaks, dingy's and small boats....even have people over there BBQ'ing and one time Fred of the B'52's said he was hungry and wanted a steak from the freeloaders.:D .

Ziggy
01-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by TheEduKATor
Ziggy,
Yeah the (Commander/Eliminator) regatta was cool. Thanks to Hot Boat we got to be in the magazine twice which I'm happy about and I have a rare Commandinator Kat. You and the wife should have walked over, we had 5 gallons of Slurricanes flowing. Maybe next time.
We just didn't see you over there otherwise I'd have come over..we were grilling the people next to us about their boat cuz it was what we were looking to upgrade to....which we did(see sig line) end up ordering. We love our new boat and had great luck selling the old one, 10 yrs old and sold for $840 less than I originally paid.:D
We'll hook up another time, next regatta if not before.
Z

SchellSchock
01-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Let's do this...... Spring Summer is a Bitch. Now is cold but no roachs. Made a few late night runs from Quivera basin side to De Anza cove at 50 plus and nothin but the sound of spray to hear it was so flat. Post a date and time and I'm there. We;ll figure out who is gonna bring pallets for the fire etc.

Screaming Pete
01-19-2004, 02:45 PM
I'll bring the pallets and we can have some warmth in between runs:)

78Eliminator
01-19-2004, 02:55 PM
I'm in. Let me know. Early Feb would be cool.

Ziggy
01-19-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by 78Eliminator
I'm in. Let me know. Early Feb would be cool.
Cool as in F'ing cold is more like it:D