PDA

View Full Version : L.E.D. Trailer lights

Cs19
01-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Anyone know where i can get some LED lights for my competitve trailer in the socal area? Im thinking one of those trucker shops might have them :confused: Or should I just wait for the boat show? Thanks.

Hustler
01-14-2004, 03:27 PM
I think Nextasex had line on them, shoot him a pm

jbtrailerjim
01-14-2004, 04:21 PM
I had a set on my old trailer. There a lot brighter than the sealed beam bulb type. Don't buy them from the truck stop. You will pay out the ass for them there. If your looking for a place around Orange County.
Try: California Truck Parts
1305 Knollwood Circle
Anaheim, Ca. 92801
(714)952-1271
Truck-Lite part#: 60056R LED flange mount tail light
Make sure they sell you this part # because it comes with the adapter plug that plugs into the existing light plug you have on your trailer now. I'm not sure if they stock them. But they should be able to order them for you if they don't. If they can't help you. let me know. I can get them also but my shop is in Fontana and I'm not sure if you want to drive that far.
Jim

Rexone
01-14-2004, 05:08 PM
We have the Truck-lite replacements that accept the standard 3-termanal plug. $34.
:)

hot_diggity_dog
01-14-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
We have the Truck-lite replacements that accept the standard 3-termanal plug. $34.
:)
Now is that Spam?;) :p :p
Or just Mike helping a Bro out!;) :D :D :D
HDD:cool:

Rexone
01-14-2004, 05:12 PM
yes & yes :D

hot_diggity_dog
01-14-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
yes & yes :D
Question for ya!
Every trailer I own one of those lights end up needing replacing or end up with water etc. Is there any better light set ups than the stock trailer lights?

Rexone
01-14-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by hot_diggity_dog
Question for ya!
Every trailer I own one of those lights end up needing replacing or end up with water etc. Is there any better light set ups than the stock trailer lights?
With the new LED lights I don't know how much they leak (if they do) or if water affects them if they do. (I have not personally run any yet).
With the old style I've had similar experience as you. We used to be able to get a Truck-lite light with a replaceble bulb, Truck-lite part 60331R, but the last 2-3 years we haven't had much luck getting those. That made the deal a bulb change for under a buck instead of a complete assembly replacement. Those used a standard 1157 automotive replacement bulb with a twist-in cam assembly on the back with a rubber seal.

jbtrailerjim
01-14-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by hot_diggity_dog
Question for ya!
HDD,
Sorry, I know your question was directed at Rexone but I used to have the same problem with my old lights on the trailer under my old Essex. Even though the mfg. claim they are water resistant; there not though. I changed them to the lights I mentioned above and never had that problem again. Those lights will outlast the lifespan you would probably own the trailer. Cs19's thread remided me about the lights and I just ordered another set from my vendor for my new trailer today.

Rvr2Bch
01-14-2004, 07:06 PM
I bought mine at L&L marine in Anahiem. (714-777-5505)
Part # OPT-STL-70RB. The price was $34.55 each. One has gone bad but will be replaced as soon as I bring it in. So far, 1 1/2 years, and no water inside. And they look good!

hot_diggity_dog
01-14-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
HDD,
Sorry, I know your question was directed at Rexone but I used to have the same problem with my old lights on the trailer under my old Essex. Even though the mfg. claim they are water resistant; there not though. I changed them to the lights I mentioned above and never had that problem again. Those lights will outlast the lifespan you would probably own the trailer. Cs19's thread remided me about the lights and I just ordered another set from my vendor for my new trailer today.
Thanks all good info
Hot (Support REXONE so we can get the catalogs) Diggity Dog
;) :p :p :D :D

Dr. Eagle
01-14-2004, 07:28 PM
They have them at West Marine too...
Sorry Rexxy....;)