PDA

View Full Version : Desperate, Selling The Expedition

Hallett19
01-15-2004, 11:33 AM
I'm desperate to sell my Expedition everyone. I need $16,500 to pay it off, its worth over $17,300 bluebook. I will even deliver it !!! Thanks for any help you guys can give me. Here is a link to more pictures and all the info you need on it.
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/mygallery.cfm?gnum=2019
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/128gallery2019.jpg

Ivan Dan
01-15-2004, 11:46 AM
I am ready to dump mine too! I can't believe how crappy the used car market is for these. I have mine down to $22,000 its a 2002 Expedition 4x4(limited slip) with the 5.4L, leather, 6 disc, tint, billet grille, Flowmaster 3" catback, only 20,500 miles. Call me if you know anyone that might be interested.
www.DanKaatz.com
714-746-4496 Cell
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1267Truck_001-med.jpg
I will even give $100 finders fee if you find me a buyer.

Hallett19
01-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Why are you getting rid of a 2002 ? You dont like it much or what ? I love my Expo, I just hate paying so much for a car I dont use to its potential. The back seats have been used all of 10 times in the last 3. Its a family SUV and I have no family.

Lightning
01-15-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Hallett19
Why are you getting rid of a 2002 ? You dont like it much or what ? I love my Expo, I just hate paying so much for a car I dont use to its potential. The back seats have been used all of 10 times in the last 3. Its a family SUV and I have no family.
I thought you backseat got more action than that

Ivan Dan
01-15-2004, 02:45 PM
I originally bought it to tow the boat with. I am in the same position as you are. I have another car that I drive most of the time and on top of that I don't have a family either. I hate getting stuck driving somewhere with my friends because I have the SUV that holds the most people. I love the truck and I wish I could keep it but the fact of the matter is I just don't use it enough to warrant the payment. Its been an awesome truck for me though, I've never had one thing go wrong with it since I bought it new in January 2002.
Good luck selling yours! I have a guy supposedly coming this weekend to take a look at it that has cash to buy and is very interested.
www.DanKaatz.com

Hallett19
01-15-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Lightning
I thought you backseat got more action than that
I should have clarified, they have not been SAT in much, but they have been layed on !!! :D I really love my Expo, but I feel you on that, the payments dont justify the fact it sits all the time. Even in real estate everyone says "you need to have a car to drive people around in". People would rather drive themselvs around these days, so work doesnt even justify that !!
Good luck with yours, I hope that guy comes through, if he doesnt, tell him you know someone selling a white one a few G's cheaper !!!

Hallett19
01-15-2004, 10:35 PM
has anyone else tried selling their Expedition and had any luck ? I'm curious, there are alot listed in autotrader.com, but they seem over priced a bit and arent selling.

superdave013
01-15-2004, 11:22 PM
good luck guys. With the low (zero) intrest rates on new it's tougher to sell the higher priced used ones.

LASERRAY
01-16-2004, 12:48 AM
I should have clarified, they have not been SAT in much, but they have been layed on !!! :D I really love my Expo, but I feel you on that, the payments dont justify the fact it sits all the time. Even in real estate everyone says "you need to have a car to drive people around in". People would rather drive themselvs around these days, so work doesnt even justify that !!
Good luck with yours, I hope that guy comes through, if he doesnt, tell him you know someone selling a white one a few G's cheaper !!! These SUV stay upside down for about four years. We tried selling my wifes Navigator but were to upsidedown on it to profit.:mad:

Havasu Hangin'
01-16-2004, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by superdave013
good luck guys. With the low (zero) intrest rates on new it's tougher to sell the higher priced used ones.
I can't believe this...I actually agree with Dave (for a second time).

diggler
01-16-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
These SUV stay upside down for about four years. We tried selling my wifes Navigator but were to upsidedown on it to profit.:mad:
I just paid off my 1999 Navigator yesterday. Thank god!!! The f***'n payments were $700/month!
No more new vehicles for me.
I have to admit though, I like having the big vehicle because I always end up driving. That means I can leave whenever I want, and don't have to rely on someone else to take me back home after a night out.

Hallett19
01-17-2004, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the input. Luckily for me, I too got in on the .9% financing, so I'm not upside down, I am just about right, if I sell it for what I am asking I will walk away with some lunch money at least. I have another year and 8 months left to pay it off, I did the 5 year plan.

mtndewdrops
01-17-2004, 10:36 AM
We learned this the hard way. Our Yukon XL books wholesale at only $25K nowadays. The sticker on this vehicle was $45K when we bought it new 7/01. Even after paying $600 payments at 4.9APR we are still upside-down. The 0.9 was not available before 9/11/01. BAD Timing on our part...I hate when that happens.
No more SUVs for me... Trucks hold their value alot better.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/550Yukon_side.jpg

TRG
01-17-2004, 11:20 AM
i think the market for fullsize p/u or sport ut. vehicles sucks right now! i cant even get an offer for my 99' Z-71 p/u, and ive got it at lowest blue, fully loaded with all options and extras avail.
P.S. by the way, here is where i'll insert my shameless spam!!!!
"FOR SALE".... 1999 Z71 silverado p/u with everything (options available) bedliner, toneau, cover boyd coddington wheels (chromed) tow pkg. 63k,....$15,500.00 obo....this is $1000.00 below the kelly blue book "low" value of my vehicle!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45toddstruckandtrailer-med.JPG
no it is not lifted, people always ask me that!
thanks, todd

Havasu Hangin'
01-17-2004, 11:33 AM
Like Dave said...with interest rates so low, the "zero percent financing" combined with "no payments for 90 days" pretty much has flooded the used market.
Also, a bad economy means less cash (for used cars) is floating around.
I bought my new 03 Z-71 Sub and used the 90 days to sell my 99 'Hoe (like everyone else out there). The dealer wanted to give me only $10K as a trade-in...yeah right. I sold it to a private party for $15K, which was still well below Blue Book.
Low interest rates have kept the big three selling new cars...but the used market is definately a buyers market.
Check autotrader.com for comps. I ended up listing mine in there...and got calls from as far away as Phoenix. For $39, it'll run til it sells...I only lowered mine once before someone came over with cash (from a credit line on her house)...pretty common.

TRG
01-17-2004, 11:36 AM
that was the first thing i did!

Havasu Hangin'
01-17-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by toddnjuzz
that was the first thing i did!
Cheer up...tax refunds are coming.
Is it in there now? If so, a tip to consider is if you drop it below a major $ figure (like $14,999 instead of $15,000), you may get some searches you wouldn't have gotten before.

superdave013
01-17-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
I can't believe this...I actually agree with Dave (for a second time).
Dang! We must stop this. I'll start.
Roadies are sooooooooo gay! :D
Is that better Mr. Skinny Tire? :cool: :D :cool:

Havasu Hangin'
01-17-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
Is that better Mr. Skinny Tire?
Skinny tire guys obviously don't have a "size issue" like those fat tire guys...

MagicMtnDan
01-17-2004, 06:58 PM
Yup, the big three continue to sell lots of pickups and SUVs at 0% or close to it and even throw in some cash back sometimes. That continues to depress the used vehicle market. I'm sure you've seen signs of it everywhere - many houses these days seem to have an extra vehicle or two parked in their driveways or in front of their houses (often with for sale signs on them).
There are so many used vehicles for sale that lots of people simply have given up trying to sell them - they sit and sit...
If you don't realize it you should think long and hard about your asking price. I understand that you may be upside down at blue book but very very little is selling at blue book! To sell a used vehicle these days they gotta be below blue book (depending on the vehicle and asking price a thousand or more below BB).
Take a close look at the Trader books and online and you need to be at or below the lowest similar vehicle in there.
Disclaimer: free advice is often worth what you paid for it. :D

Hallett19
01-17-2004, 07:10 PM
Great, so I'm stuck in my Expo !!!! I'll have to eat edible pieces of the interior just to live, isnt there alot of fiber in carpet ?? Is steel a mineral, what is iron on the truck so I can eat some of that too ??? Oh well, I think I will go autotrader.com, that is how I sold my Mustang and it went in a week.

77charger
01-17-2004, 07:13 PM
I am in the market for a chevy2500hd4x4 right now and hear you guys on the used car deal right now i have a price quote that is cheaper than what people want for a used one or just a little more but with 0%,new less than 100 miles,and full warranty guess which way i am going?(overall new would be a better choice.)
Aaron at least you aint losing on it and the price seems good to what i have seen in the trader just i am a chevy guy when it comes to trucks plus i need a 4x 3/4t.If you want to buy a very clean gsxr 750 let me know its now for sale
:(

THOR
01-17-2004, 09:29 PM
A buddy of mine is selling a 2500 HD. Let me know if you are interested.

TRG
01-17-2004, 10:02 PM
well, ive dropped plenty lower than BB, and the only reason for selling is to buy my pop's camaro! good thing though,...the silverado is paid off!! just fuel and ins. and pop's car is going nowhere but here! so im pretty much as low as i'll go! todd

AzDon
01-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Most folks with 17 grand sitting around probably aren't looking to pay cash for an out-of-warranty used car! That kind of cash could get a new one with low % financing AND a new, financed boat OR a down payment on a Havasu house or at least a lot (which are appreciating). At what the newer stuff costs, you gotta love what you're buying, because you are going to pay dearly for the time you spent with it, once you sell. Personally, I prefer older,depreciated fixup vehicles. Registration, insurance, and loss of value are much less with older vehicles AND you don't need an engineering degree to understand and repair a problem. You DO have to put substantially more gas in, though!

Hallett19
01-19-2004, 04:17 PM
Luckily mine is in warranty for 7,000 more miles and Ford just gave me new tires and brakes about 9 months ago for that recall thing. I am just glad I got it financed for as low as I did (.9%) I barely put anything down on it, that is why my payments are so high, but I'm glad I wont loose much if anything on it, cars being basically the worst investment known to mankind.

COELIMINATOR
01-19-2004, 04:40 PM
Hallett19, I was going to trade my wifes 00 Expedition on her Christmas gift, a new Navigator, and the dealer wanted to give me $13000.00 for it. I don't think so I said. I'll keep it and give it to my 15 year old daughter when she turns 16 if that's all they are worth. It is sad that is all they are going for. Funny how they try and get $48000.00 for the same vehicle new though isn't it. Oh well, just grin and bear it as there isn't a great deal you can do about the market. Sam

beer hunter
01-19-2004, 05:48 PM
cars being basically the worst investment known to mankind.
That ain't no shit, I was thinking about trading my 2000 Expedition (Edie Bauer 4X4 loaded) in on a new diesel Excursion 4X4 (loaded) and the dealer was only willing to give me 14K on the trade :( I'll keep mine for at least a few more years :)

Hallett19
01-20-2004, 09:11 AM
14K for a 2000 Excursion !?!?!? Oh man, I couldnt imagine what they would give me for mine. Those people at the dealers are snakes, they buy them for 15% under low blue book then steam clean the engine and wax them and and sell them for 15% over high blue book, such a crock.