PDA

View Full Version : anyone have any work done by:

Dave C
01-15-2004, 03:21 PM
anyone have any "MAJOR" work done by West Coast Rigging and Marine (Tony) or GT Marine Performance (Gary)? (specifically boat rigging)
What were your experiences?
I ask because I don't live anywhere near LA so I don't know them.
Thanks

Hustler
01-15-2004, 03:24 PM
From I have seen here and heard they both top notch shops but be prepaired because they are not cheap.

CMABadseed
01-15-2004, 03:31 PM
cant speak for GT but i worked for tony at WCRM over the summer. as he always his work is outstanding, and worth the money. i dont know that it is really expensive, he is more reasonable than most other bigger shops. it does take him a while to get stuff done, he is working alone for the most part, rigging wise. give him a call and check it out.....
909-674-5122
:D

mbrown2
01-15-2004, 03:36 PM
A buddy of mine had his Motor rebuilt and massaged by GT....it took longer than expected, but the results have so far been great....also, I have seen a number of boats rigged by GT, and all of them look and run great as well....

bear down
01-15-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by mbrown2
A buddy of mine had his Motor rebuilt and massaged by GT....it took longer than expected, but the results have so far been great....also, I have seen a number of boats rigged by GT, and all of them look and run great as well....
I stopped by GT marine last week to check out the shop and spoke to Gary, he seems like a very nice guy, somewhat quiet but really cool. He really had some nice engines and boats in his building. Looks like he has a pretty strong following.

SVO 540
01-15-2004, 03:45 PM
GT Performance does excelent work. I highly recommend them. If you are doing major work, I would suggest you do it in the winter time.

Dave C
01-15-2004, 03:55 PM
thanks guys.
I have never seen anything of their stuff living way up here in the wacky bay area.
I just found out that GT rigs boats too.

TOBTEK
01-15-2004, 04:07 PM
Picking the baby DCB (only a MACH22) Monday from Westcoast Rigging. He/Tony did a ton of custom stuff that I was suprised wasnt done at the time of build. Like on the IMCO steering bracket there is a big ole mounting point for a tie-rod for a twin outboard. He had it remechined and re-polished...looks tits. Also put in a new stereo head unit and changer. Removed the orig CD changer to a new location that wont fill it full of water:rolleyes: installed a new billet head cover (thanks MBROWN;) ) redid the entire battery set up. Added another optima, now have two just for stereo and one for the motor only. Looks as good IF NOT better than before. Took the initiative to take the trailer to extreme and have they fix the axle that was blowing gallons of rust water all over the place...many thanks for that! I HIGHLY requiment giving tony/westcoast a try. He spent a ton of time going back through the boat and making sure everything was perfect...like the bluewater gauge that was about to fall off.

MissHavasuCig
01-15-2004, 04:28 PM
We've had a lot of work done on our boats by Tony, both when he was with DCB and afterwards when he started up WCRM. He's the only one we trust with our "baby" to know that the rigging will turn out perfect!!! He's very thoughtful of where to put things, and very meticulous with the process so that everything is straight & clean. ;)

Dave C
01-16-2004, 09:27 AM
thanks for the input. its very helpful.
I will keep you posted on any project that ensues