PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else going to these bike rallies?

hd&boatrider
01-15-2004, 04:14 PM
http://www.sturgisrallynews.com/
The big daddy.
http://www.hollisterrally.com/
The best one in my opinion. Small town feel to it. Just like riding in on your horse and hitching him up and walking into a bar for drinks.
http://www.lasvegasbikefest.com/content/index2.html
Never been to this one. Will be staying down town for a couple of days. Looking forward to it as it is in the right place for a party.
http://laughlinriverrun.com/
Seriously, the worst of all of these but it is in my backyard in BHC so of course I will be going.
I am in and riding to all of them. Just seeing who else has plans....Let me know via PM if you want to ride out to any of these.

Hostile
01-15-2004, 05:21 PM
hd&boatrider
I go to almost all the major rallys, Sturgis,Daytona,Laconia,
even Laughlin. I know it's dark dirty job but it pays for my toys
and bad habits
Skeeter

hd&boatrider
01-15-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Hostile
hd&boatrider
I go to almost all the major rallys, Sturgis,Daytona,Laconia,
even Laughlin. I know it's dark dirty job but it pays for my toys
and bad habits
Skeeter
Do you work at the rallies?

Hostile
01-15-2004, 05:32 PM
Yes I work for a parts co. and we display parts and acc. at the
rallys. The good news is only H.D. parts.
Skeeter

Budget Baller
01-15-2004, 05:49 PM
HD-
We leave on Thursday for the Laughlin Run every year. About 6-8 bikes meet at my house for breakfast and we hit the 91 freeway at 9:00. Come for breakfast or we will pick you up off the 91.
BB

hd&boatrider
01-15-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Budget Baller
HD-
We leave on Thursday for the Laughlin Run every year. About 6-8 bikes meet at my house for breakfast and we hit the 91 freeway at 9:00. Come for breakfast or we will pick you up off the 91.
BB
Sounds good but I will be going out on Tuesday to get the house ready. If my plans change that will work though. Nodigg will be riding out too. His bike may be in LHC so he may come up from there. We should hook up out there and tip back a few. There will be a few of my friends coming in from N CA as well as S CA. There will be a few single women at the house that could use some seat time.

hd&boatrider
01-15-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Hostile
Yes I work for a parts co. and we display parts and acc. at the
rallys. The good news is only H.D. parts.
Skeeter
PM me with your company name and I will try to stop by and say hi while you are in Laughlin and we can drink a few beers.

Screaming Pete
01-19-2004, 11:29 AM
I'm riding to the laughlin ride so far and working hard on strugis

hd&boatrider
01-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Screaming Pete
I'm riding to the laughlin ride so far and working hard on strugis
Come on......You can do it SP :) If you are going to Sturgis I suggest trying to comitt soon so you can make some kind of reservations for a camp site, hotel room, etc. They are pretty much booked for a 200 mile radius
When are you planning to head out to Laughlin? Day of the week I mean

riverguy454
01-19-2004, 11:42 AM
i have not been to laughlin river run in a few years i just got my bike about 6 months ago but i don't know anyone else around here that have a bike to ride with

Ducatista
01-19-2004, 12:24 PM
Another "Big Daddy" for those who Live to Ride, Ride to Live
Daytona Bike Week (http://www.a1aweb.com/bikeweek/)

hd&boatrider
01-19-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by riverguy454
i have not been to laughlin river run in a few years i just got my bike about 6 months ago but i don't know anyone else around here that have a bike to ride with
What kind of bike did you get? As long as it is a custom or HD and not a Ducati we can ride together some time.....
JK on the Ducati........well maybe.....lol That was just for Ducatista :)

hd&boatrider
01-19-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Ducatista
Another "Big Daddy" for those who Live to Ride, Ride to Live
Daytona Bike Week (http://www.a1aweb.com/bikeweek/)
Riding out there would be a BIACH because of all the bad weather you can hit on the way out. Nodigg and I have talked about getting out there soon actually. Maybe next year

HammerDown
01-19-2004, 12:37 PM
My neighbor brought home New Years Eve Day his New 04 Road King...Kinda got my blood flowing for another Road King. My friends have a spot reserved for me in Sturgis if I want to go...so we'll see.
After 19 years straight I'm pretty much done with Daytona...:rolleyes: Maybe I just need some time away from that one.

Ducatista
01-19-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
What kind of bike did you get? As long as it is a custom or HD and not a Ducati we can ride together some time.....
JK on the Ducati........well maybe.....lol That was just for Ducatista :) Well I know I had that comming!....lol
Yea thats a long way to go, you need the weather gods on your side thats for sure!

riverguy454
01-19-2004, 01:02 PM
i bought a 77 shovelhead custom paint lots of chrome 16 inch ape hanger bars i would post a pic but i have no clue how to

Screaming Pete
01-19-2004, 01:29 PM
Come on......You can do it SP :) If you are going to Sturgis I suggest trying to comitt soon so you can make some kind of reservations for a camp site, hotel room, etc. They are pretty much booked for a 200 mile radius
When are you planning to head out to Laughlin? Day of the week I mean
Thursday afternoon:D

al cole'holic
01-19-2004, 01:59 PM
Will be at Laughlin, I have a booth setup at the Flamingo so far..but this may be the first year I leave the boat home...

sidewound
01-19-2004, 02:51 PM
We'll be going to sturgis.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3371Berthoud_pass_2.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3371Block_Party_03_019.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3371025981-R1-6A.jpg
And some other places.
Peace Man!:cool:
CESAR

hd&boatrider
01-19-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Screaming Pete
Thursday afternoon:D
I will be heading out on Tuesday myself. I have to go get the house setup for guests and so forth. It is always kind of nice to be in before everybody else anyhow.

hd&boatrider
01-19-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by al cole'holic
Will be at Laughlin, I have a booth setup at the Flamingo so far..but this may be the first year I leave the boat home...
What booth? I will have to stop by and say hi. usually I take the boat out 1 day to break things up but this year I think we will be riding only.

hd&boatrider
01-19-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by sidewound
We'll be going to sturgis.
And some other places.
CESAR
Thats cool your wife/girlfriend rides. I told my gf we could get her a bike of her own but she does not want to do that just yet. She is worried about her kids and I totally understand. By the way she is from C.R. and IN. Maybe we can hook up in Sturgis for a ride/drink.

HammerDown
01-19-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by riverguy454
i bought a 77 shovelhead custom paint lots of chrome 16 inch ape hanger bars i would post a pic but i have no clue how to
Thumbs up to the older Shovels...I will never sell my 1979 88" Custom Stump Puller. Great Motors.:cool:

al cole'holic
01-19-2004, 04:56 PM
What booth? I will have to stop by and say hi. usually I take the boat out 1 day to break things up but this year I think we will be riding only.
Settin up shop with a nice booth setup there, at this point so far look for the "Gorilla Distributors" booth :D
..alot nicer for you living there! Last year's River Run is when I ran the prop through my back :( So I think I should stick to the festivities in Laughlin..

sidewound
01-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Thats cool your wife/girlfriend rides. I told my gf we could get her a bike of her own but she does not want to do that just yet. She is worried about her kids and I totally understand. By the way she is from C.R. and IN. Maybe we can hook up in Sturgis for a ride/drink.
I'd enjoy meetin ya. We are goin to Sturgiss but in June. I used to go to the rally every year until 2000. So many buppies, RUBS and hondas I couldn't even park my old shovel on main st. Havn't been back for the rally since but I still go to Sturgis. Ridin there in June KICKSASS!
My wife's been ridin for 5 years now. Got tired of haulin her ass. You should see if your girlfriend will take a riding course. Your local abate chapter or college could help and I think all the states have a course. My wife took it twice and after a year of riding she was pretty comfortable. Might make your girlfriend feel better about saftey.
CESAR

boatnam2
01-19-2004, 07:33 PM
im sooooooooo ready to go.just wating for missb to pick me up a bike.looks like i better shoot for 2005 ride!

hd&boatrider
01-19-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by sidewound
I'd enjoy meetin ya. We are goin to Sturgiss but in June. I used to go to the rally every year until 2000. So many buppies, RUBS and hondas I couldn't even park my old shovel on main st. Havn't been back for the rally since but I still go to Sturgis. Ridin there in June KICKSASS!
My wife's been ridin for 5 years now. Got tired of haulin her ass. You should see if your girlfriend will take a riding course. Your local abate chapter or college could help and I think all the states have a course. My wife took it twice and after a year of riding she was pretty comfortable. Might make your girlfriend feel better about saftey.
CESAR
She won't even go thru the course at this time. Tell you what, when she does start riding on her own that back seat is coming off for good :). Have fun in Sturgis. I agree there are an awful lot of people coming out in $250K+ RV's with their bikes inside. It was pretty funny at GlenCoe when they would drive down the parade route they got boo'd quite a bit. You know "Nice trailer"...that kind of stuff but much stronger. One guy won the crowd over as he had his girl pressing her chest up against the front window as they came in. That is one way to get thru the crowd....lol

hd&boatrider
01-19-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by boatnam2
im sooooooooo ready to go.just wating for missb to pick me up a bike.looks like i better shoot for 2005 ride!
Go get one yourself. Tell her it is for the times that you want to be alone with her only and get away from everybody else :). Buying a bike has been known to save marriages :). Not inferring that yours is in trouble. Not intended that way. It does cause a closeness that can't be duplicated in my opinion....unless of course you have a boat...lol

hd&boatrider
01-19-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by al cole'holic
Settin up shop with a nice booth setup there, at this point so far look for the "Gorilla Distributors" booth :D
..alot nicer for you living there! Last year's River Run is when I ran the prop through my back :( So I think I should stick to the festivities in Laughlin..
That does not sound like fun :( How will I ID you al cole holic?

Kilrtoy
01-19-2004, 08:11 PM
Were going to do Laughlin and Hollister this year.....
A group of friends are going to Sturgis, but that is river time....

hd&boatrider
01-19-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Were going to do Laughlin and Hollister this year.....
A group of friends are going to Sturgis, but that is river time....
We have to hook up out in Hollister K. I grew up in the Monterey area and have lots of friends out there. If you haven't been to the Hollister run before you will love it.
I have to admit all the bike trips last year screwed me when it came to boating but I wouldn't trade it.
Maybe I need to invite all you Hotbat people over to the house in BHC for a Laughlin River Run afternoon, early evening BBQ? What do you guys think?
Another thing that would be cool is to ride down to the Heatwave on Saturday during the River Run. It would be a nice ride and we can also get to see some of those bad-ass boats. Who's in?

Kilrtoy
01-20-2004, 01:08 AM
Sounds good we will need to hook up......

riverguy454
01-22-2004, 01:52 PM
this is my bike

hd&boatrider
04-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Here is the scoop for Laughlin if any of you want to participate:
I am getting in on Tuesday with a few friends. Everybody else filters in between then and Friday. Friday we are taking out a few boats on Mohave. We will have room for a few others. If you want to go out on the boat let me know.
Saturday morning we are heading down the LHC probably by 8AM. We are hoping to get down there and see some of the heatwave action but don't know if we will see anything other than in the channel. There are about 8 bikes or so going and all will be doubled up with the women. Maybe on the way back we will stop at the races and so forth down at the AVi. Who knows, we will just be going from LHC to wherever :)
We are going to BBQ about 6 or so at the house, drink lots of liquor and have some fun.
PM me if you want to come by and party with us.