View Full Version : Exhaust ?

Taylorman
01-16-2004, 07:33 AM
What kind of exhaust are these?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/132.JPG

beached 1
01-16-2004, 08:08 AM
that's a good question.
it's a chevy header with a billett adapter for a ford.. the adapter looks like a Lightning, but the header??

460rogers
01-16-2004, 08:15 AM
Looks like BBC headers for a camaro turned upside down.Are they water injected?
WE BE COOL !

Sleek-Jet
01-16-2004, 09:12 AM
So know how that little set up works. Car headers are way cheaper than boat headers.

Taylorman
01-16-2004, 09:24 AM
My guess is CMI water jacketed headers. Those are nice and expensive. I wish someone would make water jacketed headers for jet boats that were reasonably priced. Seems like everyone spends to much time and money trying to get water injected headers to work right (eg t-valve, banderlog valve, ball valves, restrictors, etc). If all that effort would be spent producing a set of jacketed headers similar to Bassett or Rewarder, many problems would be eliminated and plumbing of water lines in jet boats with headers would be so much simpler.

flat broke
01-16-2004, 02:00 PM
I believe, and Hacker will have to confirm this, those were Stainless jacketed deals made by hooker. They were a nice header and would have been pefect for his boat had they been a touch taller. You can see where the mounting flange for the tailpipe is on a collision course for the rear deck.
The things weighed a ton, but were a well constructed set of headers. The only thing I'm not sure of is the manufacturer which I believe was Hooker. I can't remember where they ended up going, but I believe they fetched a good price. He now runs lightnings which as all of us that run them will tell you are the best bang for the buck out there in the jacketed header world.
Chris

hack job
01-16-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Taylorman
well i bought those headers on eaby while back and they would not go over my transum so i sold them .
they are water jacketed bassets they do not make them any more they are a great header very big primary and the water is introduced to the exhuast at the very last minute.
if i could have run them i would but i would have had to cut the transum and that was not going to happen thats my motor they are on.;)

hack job
01-16-2004, 02:15 PM
oh yeah there was a tail piece that bolted on to them. that made look like regular ot headers the collar between the two pieces was cool cause the water ran through it.
i though they were very well built!;)

superdave013
01-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Taylorman
I'm liking the background art myself.
Stack of tires (not matching of course), sand blaster, trash can (must be empty) and an old oven that's on casters.
Hacker, you would fit right in where I came from.

hack job
01-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
I'm liking the background art myself.
Stack of tires (not matching of course), sand blaster, trash can (must be empty) and an old oven that's on casters.
Hacker, you would fit right in where I came from.
you know dam well that those things are for lol
still trying to stir my friend. lol
on a side note those tires are all chirs's i dont have extra sets of tires lol
and the trash can was the old oven before the new oven showed up lol;) :p

Taylorman
01-16-2004, 02:38 PM
Anyone know why Bassett quite making them?

hack job
01-16-2004, 02:58 PM
well when i got them i called basset to talk to them about them and they gave me the answer that when they were new late 80's they cost damn near 1400 bucks to get. so paul said that they didnt make too many of them so they just stoped making them. when i asked for the gast to conect the two peices they said that they didnt have them any more and would know were to start.