PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Jet boat?

fullwood
01-16-2004, 03:29 PM
What is the honest truth! What is the fastest Jetboat ever ran? What about aluminum vs glass? I hear alot of stories "My boat does 72, my boat does 69. the last guy that told me his boat did 72 was a little bit surprised to find out he did only 52 on my stalker ragar gun. I will be the first to tell you my first boat felt fast on the water i thought it did 70 but turns out it only did about 62 or 63. So let's sit back and hear some stories.

Tolly
01-16-2004, 03:39 PM
If you do a search on this topic you will probably find plenty to read on this subject as it has been asked before. I think the general consensus is that "Going Places 2" Top Fuel Placecraft is/was the fastest jet ever, but there are always good arguments about this. I have heard that it ran in the 170-176mph range a few times and that it was also squirrely as hell.

canuck1
01-16-2004, 03:42 PM
If I remember correctly Justin Boyce was clocked at 128mph at one time during a race

LVjetboy
01-16-2004, 03:55 PM
Those numbers unofficial but likely true base on my phone call to Tim. I believe he exceeded allowable nitro ratio? A picture and video of that PlaceCraft...
http://members.cox.net/lvjetboy/GoingPlacesII.gif
GoingPlaces (http://members.cox.net/lvjetboy/GoingPlacesTopSpeed.avi)
170+ mph. Tupperware. There seems to be a slight porpoise but I'm not sure about the "squirley as hell" or if his handling problems were unsolvable if they'd pursued it.
jer

BigBoyToys
01-16-2004, 04:17 PM
I think that Kenny Francis ran in the 180's once but it was an exhibition type thing and was running over the allowable Nitro mix so no records set. That was years ago:)

GlastronGuy
01-16-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by canuck1
If I remember correctly Justin Boyce was clocked at 128mph at one time during a race
That's slow compared to what others do.
But it's still fast.
:)

LVjetboy
01-16-2004, 04:35 PM
BBT, I have no doubt 180 is possible with a jet. But I haven't heard about Kenny Francis running 180 unofficial. Do you or anyone else have details?
jer

BigBoyToys
01-16-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by LVjetboy
BBT, I have no doubt 180 is possible with a jet. But I haven't heard about Kenny Francis running 180 unofficial. Do you or anyone else have details?
jer
Yeah...Here ya go. Give Kenny a call here.
Howard & Son Truck & Marine
(916) 451-0208
3905 Deeble St
Sacramento, CA
He seems to enjoy working on and talking about boats and I have found him to be very helpful and knowledgeable. I haven't been down to his shop in quite a while but as I recall, he told me it was a race back east somewhere. Maybe Gadsden? I don't remember exactly where or the exact speed but I believe it was in the 180's. Give him a call and ask him. I'm sure he'll be glad to help out:)